Register now to get rid of these ads!

Day of the Drags

Discussion in 'HA/GR' started by Third DodgeBrother, Oct 20, 2014.

1. Third DodgeBrother

Third DodgeBrother

I attended the Day of the Drags, not the Throwdown in T Town: Bob talked me into it! Little River is a great old place, nestled in a bend of the river. It's a unique experience standing under shade trees in the staging lanes! If you can tune out the modern haulers and trailers, its like I imagine 1957, or how I recall 1965 at the strip.

There was no representation of HA/GR (or HA/GRA) but several cars caught the feeling. The ex-touring, and the 4.9 in a t coupe did well, both winning their classes. Flathead dragster not so much. A"pop" in the lights put a rod through one side of the block, a rod and a chunk of main out the other.

What I wish I had caught on camera was the trash talk between the junior dragster and the Hill Rat as they set up a match race in the staging lanes. Wish I could have seen that show, but wiser heads prevailed at the starting line. FA did a burn out, then idled through, well behind Junior.

They have a patch for 100mph in the 1/8th. Incentive to have a car there next time. DSC07289.jpg DSC07302.jpg DSC07281.jpg DSC07303.jpg DSC07279.jpg DSC07308.jpg

2. Old6rodder

Old6rodder
    from SoCal
    1. HA/GR owners group

Looks like a place I could be comfortable. Also noted with pleasure the preponderance of green tin, not that I'm partial to green or anything. :D

3. Rebel 1

Rebel 1

Here you go. This the third race of the season for the "Lil Rebel". He first raced Skot in the Flathead Fever dragster at the Texas THAW and then took on Scorpion 1 at the Legends Race in Sealy, Tx. The big final for the year was at Day of the Drags against the Hillrat blown altered. A lot of people came together to make this happen and make a little guys dream come true.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2014
  4. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

Too cool! :D