Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Hot Rod Revolution News...

Discussion in 'Hot Rod Revolution' started by Ryan, Oct 1, 2014.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Hey guys, we've decided to hold off on the Revolution for now... We had the thing planned and ready to go at Festival Beach in Austin, but the City of Austin Parks Department (Jason Maurer & Sara Hensley) really disappointed us by deciding that our event wasn't acceptable for an Austin park.

Hint taken I suppose...

So, what's next?

Keith, Will, Steve, and myself are really protective of this show. We don't want to do anything that even approaches the label of "half assed." As such, we are regrouping... And we are gonna re-evaluate where and when the Revolution goes down. It's very high on our priority list and we really want to do something remarkable. Big dreams...

In any case, stay tuned...

2. El Jefe

El Jefe
    Alliance Member

We are looking for the perfect place for the perfect show. The Power Plant was the best, but have you driven by that place lately.......Who knows, once they finish all the construction there may be a place over there for us once a year, but only time will tell. The developer saw attended our first show there and loved it and the backdrop of the plant will still remain although I'm sure the soul is getting sucked out of it as we speak..

Dirty2 likes this.
  3. 46stude

46stude

Well, that sucks. The Revolution was sorely missed last year. Now the Parks people are just pouring salt on the wound.

If you don't mind me asking, what happened to the venue y'all had set up in Gruene last year?

4. "The Power Plant was the best" I can't think of a better way to say that. The architecture was so in tune with the vibe provided by the cars surrounding it. Maybe when the developers get finished you guys can give the grounds an infusion of soul. Here are a few pictures from the Power Plant for those who didn't have the good fortune to be there.

Attached Files:

5. the old power plant... sad...

might be kind of cool out at the old Alamo film location out by Hamilton Pool... never mind... looks like it was demolished... crazy...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 1, 2014
  6. Ddooce

Ddooce
    from Memphis Tn

Drat and double drat.

A pity that Austin Parks Dept. would deny such a "Green" event that celebrates recycled consumer products a place to display the advantages of reusing an older vehicle rather than increasing the carbon footprint by buying new!

Perhaps the local press will ask Jason and Sara to comment on that.

7. Bummer………..The only local show that I really look forward to, mainly because it uncompromising.
    Stay True!

Last edited: Oct 2, 2014
  8. Well damn it. Y'all take your time, work your magic. Everyone will be ready when y'all are.

9. dgang26

dgang26

Sorry to hear this !
    However, we will come whenever and wherever !

10. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Personally, I hope you and El Jefe can find a location that won't involve Jason and Sara. If anyone can, you two can turn a pile of shit into a bowl of menudo. Oh, wait, those are two of the same thing ! Make it a bowl of jello. Good luck.

11. Garry Carter

Garry Carter

What's wrong with the Gruene venue planned for last year? Just not Austin?

ThunderRocket likes this.
  12. seatex

seatex

Damn, whatta bummer! Foiled by the evil doers:mad: of the new Gotham.................no doubt there is an abundance of Central Texas Towns / locations befitting this show. Austin ain't what it used to be..............remember when the Broken Spoke was in the "country"?
    Thanks for all of your efforts, I have every confidence it will be back and better than ever, soon!

13. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I heartily second that suggestion ! Roadsters forever.

14. pearl31

pearl31

Gruene is a great backdrop. Small town atmosphere that's welcome to anyone. Get the hell out of Austin if they don't want the money spent there.

15. jetcycles

jetcycles

Uncompromising is an excellent way to describe the show, and their efforts to keep it pure. I've waited a lot longer for a lot less in my life, I'll stay tuned for the next one!

16. HunterYJ

HunterYJ
    from Buda Texas

The Revolutions have been my favorite area shows in many years, even at Mabry. Small and purposeful. Stick to your guns.
    Shame that the City of Austin has become unfriendly to these type events, especially with so many new gearheads moving in.

17. looks like the Parks & Rec can pick and choose... hummm.... shame on them
    [​IMG]

18. 1-SHOT

1-SHOT
    from Denton

Why not Dripping Springs

19. seatex

seatex

Wow................what's up with that? The date you guys had picked musta been in conflict with the tree hugger festival, or something. Hope ya'll can pull it off this year, the clock's a tickin'! 2 years without a Revolution ain't nuthin' but an uprising...........................

20. pearl31

pearl31

Your kool city Austin just gave you the big chorizo. Face it this is not a glbt, tree hugger, free willy, soccer mom, kill the coal plant organization. You should have called it the Revelucion they might have given you the keys to the city.

21. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You must be the Euro dude I spoke with at LSRU in '12. You might know my brother, a PSYCHOlogist in Germantown. Hope the Welsh spouse is well. I agree completely about the situation in Austin with these Parks people. Anytime politics rears its ugly head, things just end up in the port-a-potty.

22. Ddooce

Ddooce
    from Memphis Tn

Yes that's me. Hope to see you at the next Revolution but it looks more likely that our next visit to Austin will be the next LSRU. The wife says Hi.

It is unfortunate that most government employees, devoid of any real world work experience, think that they are highly competent and hard working people. Because of this unless you treat them as such they throw their toys from the pram and revert to their real level of maturity.

PSYCHOs from Germantown? Never heard of them! TFIC

DW

23. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well stated, Ddooce. Well stated! ! !

24. treb11

treb11
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

COTAs? Probably too pricey. Maybe in conjunction with another event / concert

posted via smoke signals made with a Mexican blanket

25. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

back to Penngrove!

26. seatex

seatex

27. bobskwatch

bobskwatch

A great place to research for future events would be Camp Ben McCulloch near Dripping Springs. I know they host at least one other car show there during the summer. Lots of trees by the creek, and best of all -- it's literally right across the street from the world-famous Salt Lick BBQ!

1-SHOT likes this.
  28. ^^^Marino's triple chop, best BBQ sandwich ever!!! I'm in when the organizers feel they have a plan for the right location.

29. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey, Bob, I talked to one of the Strugglers at Top Notch a few weeks ago about Camp Ben McCullough. He was told by some split-tail that trash was left all over the park and some other shit, so there would be no more car shows. She literally accused the car owners of leaving a mess. So, that place is out as far as car shows go. The Strugglers put on a very good time.

30. any plans for a 2015 Revolution??