Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Phoenix Thanksgiving Morning cruise

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by need louvers ?, Nov 25, 2014.

1. 65pacecar

65pacecar
    from KY, AZ

Great pics Thanks

2. Need more pics. They help keep warm thoughts. Its cold here in NW Indiana.

3. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Well, here is some of my kinda crappy picts. The first tragedy if the morning was when I forgot my camera. So I did my driver's meeting and sprinted out ahead of everybody else, as my home was just off the cruise route. When I rejoined the crew out in front of my joint on Central, camera on! DSC02104.JPG DSC02105.JPG DSC02106.JPG DSC02107.JPG

4. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Okay, I need to explain that I am working with a new to me camera, as after nearly 100,000 shots and many cards my old reliable died a quiet death... Unfortunately, this one being my girlfriend's is pink, too, so I am doubly handicapped! I couldn't resist the over the shoulder, blurry, in motion shot of fellow RED DEVIL Paul Stinson and his C.O.E. based roadster above.

The first batch of pictures is quite literally in my neighborhood, which living in the city in Phoenix (the inventor and spiritual home of sub urban sprawl) is considered quite odd... Central soon gives way to lush trees, palatial estates, and bitchin' mid century architecture a couple miles north. DSC02111.JPG DSC02113.JPG DSC02118.JPG DSC02119.JPG

Soon we were at our meet up point where a few more cars joined us...

5. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

6. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

DSC02125.JPG DSC02126.JPG DSC02127.JPG DSC02131.JPG Soon enough, (exactly one QT hot dog later... It's nature's most perfect food!) it was time for the last swing to the park. But, not before my brilliant idea of driving a few blocks north to pick up a couple dozen donuts... Unfortunately, Rainbow donuts on north 7th street was "crosed", unlike their downtown cousins. I wish I had snapped a picture of the sign, 'cause I would have tortured my Chinese girlfriend with it a bit. Nice folks, but they do have interchangeable "R"s and "L"s.

7. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

'Bout 15 minutes later, we were there! DSC02134.JPG DSC02137.JPG We had a bit of smoke in the valley this week from a couple of fires about 50 miles outside of town. DSC02142.JPG DSC02145.JPG

Next year we'll be back to our traditional destination, South Mountain Park. The roads to the top of it were washed out during the summer rains we had this year, and that was why you are seeing North Mountain park right now. If you are anywhere near Phoenix on Thanksgiving day, join us! You are gonna have fun!

8. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Cool - Thanks for pics

9. missysdad1

missysdad1

Ecrectic group of rodders, Chip. Reminds me of the old days when gearheads didn't wear their underwear quite so tight. I miss that.

Driver50x likes this.
  10. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Ya know what's funny too? Most of the cars you saw in the pictures are quite literally Daily Drivers! Ron and Jan's beautiful dual quad Nailhead powered '40 standard is about the only one that doesn't get driven everyday rain or shine... But it's close. Anyday around this joint though, you'll see any of them out in traffic doing their thing, along with tons of others that didn't make the cruise.

Driver50x likes this.
  11. Looks like a great time, thanks for sharing. I'm jealous, I would love to do a run on one of the winter holidays, one of the advantages of living in a mild climate.

12. jdownunder

jdownunder

looks like great fun thanks for posting

13. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Kinda hard to call what we have here a "mild" climate when it's 122 and the sidewalks are melting, but for about 8 months out of the year it's perfect...!

14. Thanks for the pics. Awesome as usual. Im hoping to make the new years run!

15. 65pacecar

65pacecar
    from KY, AZ

Ill take 3 months of HOT over 4 months of COLD AND ICE anytime Thanks for the pics. If I move to Scottsdale I'd like to join you guys next year

16. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

Thanks for posting all the great pics . I'm envious of your nice weather - it was cold as balls here , lol !

17. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Absolutely! If you do decide to, let me know and I'll introduce you to our crew 'round this joint. Good people one and all!

18. r2c1

r2c1

Seeing the photos of the run and Phoenix area makes me homesick. Coming home for good next summer. Many thanks for the pics, Chip. Ron

19. mopacltd

mopacltd

If I ever get my Model A done(again) I'll join you guys too. I need to quit changing things and just drive it!

20. 65pacecar

65pacecar
    from KY, AZ

Thanks.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

21. Get it done enough to drive it and change as you go. A pile of parts sitting in the garage is still just a pile of parts.

22. mopacltd

mopacltd

Making new lower control arms and installing coilovers on the front to take care of an alignment problem now. Should get it done within a week or so. For some reason while the car is on jack stands the 4 speed decided to empty itself.

23. harleycontracter

harleycontracter

Thanks for the pics

24. Did anyone take any video?

25. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

I don't think anybody thought to do video on this trip. On New Year's Day we are gonna do our biggie for the start of the year, and head out to Prescott, AZ. I'll find someone to videograph-icate that one.

26. I arrived in AZ this morning. Will be here for two weeks. Im staying with my in-laws on coolidge.

27. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Cool man! I'll know if that right seat is open as soon as I can pin Miss Judy down. See, she is a Nordstrom's employee, and Christmas time is not a time of deep meaningful conversation with those in the retail field of endeavor. I'm rockin' and rollin' for the next few days, but give me call on 602 881 0175.