Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Radiator ID help

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by coonpiss, Dec 20, 2014.

1. coonpiss

coonpiss
    from NW Indiana

Gentlemen, need some help figuring out what models and year radiators I have here. Thanks

Attached Files:

2. One is a model T ford.

3. I do not believe any of those are T radiators...dimensions would be helpful...

4. Top one looks like an early 40's chevy.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

5. Yeah, I'll have to retract that. Wrong upper support mount, wrong filler neck, wrong inlet and outlet, but other than that, it's close.

6. O.K. How about '28-'29 model A then?

7. The37Kid

The37Kid

When you enlarge the photos the shapes change. I think this one is an aftermarket 1928-29 Ford. Bob [​IMG]

8. Absolutely!

9. coonpiss

coonpiss
    from NW Indiana

I'll get some measurements tomorrow. Just using the one for mock up right now. It fits perfect in my cross member and i found both of them on the cheap.

10. BJR

BJR

None of them have a crank hole in the core. This could help identify them.

11. Neither do Model T or Model A radiators....

Radiator with the 'zig zag' ribs appears to be a replacement 28-29 radiator. Not sure about the other.

12. Carter

Carter

I agree with Bob and Gary on the second one being an early replacement radiator to fit 28/9 model A. Some manufacturers of those replacement radiators soldered little date code tags on them, look to see if there is anything like that on there.

13. Binger

Binger
    from wyoming

The Honeycomb one looks like an early '30s chevy. I will have to go and get a better look at the one on my '30 to get a better idea. It might be a little earlier than a '30 though.

14. carmuts

carmuts

The one without the bracket looks to be 23-28 Chevrolet, but I could be wrong. Rod

15. coonpiss

coonpiss
    from NW Indiana

The model a measures 19 1/2 wide by 26 1/2 tall from floor to top of neck. That is a 28-29 right?

16. Carter

Carter

I don't have measurements handy, but I'd bet dollars to doughnuts it's a 28/9 model A radiator.