Register now to get rid of these ads!

Skip’s So-Cal LSR Fuel/Gas Roadster

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Skip Pipes, Mar 12, 2013.

1. With "Moons"

Attached Files:

2. Well, I ran the Roadster at El Mirage, made all the dates (except the rain out in July). Worked the car up to slowly up to speed as it was a bit nervous over 160 mph. Spun it in Oct & Nov.

3. Pics of El Mirage 2014

Attached Files:

grumpy32 likes this.
  4. that's awesome, great to finally see it moving into it's next chapter of it's life, certainly looks the part, how's it handle?

Cheers,
    Drewfus

5. Whoah......looks bad out there watching the horizon. Wonder what it's thinking ? This is awesome. Have fun man. Love to be you, or it.

[​IMG]

6. Drewfus,

Spent the year chasing handling. Pulled the posi out, went solid suspension in the rear. Changed wheels/tires. All in all, it's stable up to 160 then gets nervous until it spins at 175mph. I'm thinking the front suspension is contributing, so I'm modifying it for next year. Check youtube, El Mirage Spin for video.

Skip

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

7. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

Skip, The car looks great, I hope to attend one of the early El Mirage events next year and get to see it in person.

8. Looks good Skip! Will Nate be driving again?

9. cheap-n-dirty

cheap-n-dirty

Skip; just trying to help. Our roadster when 167 at el mirage roadster at world of speed 2012.jpg and 198 at the salt, also 194 on wet salt just before a rain storm. could be the rake of the body. We had open dif and rigid mounted rear also.

10. Marty - Look forward to seeing you at El Mirage next season. How is your car progressing?
    Tman - Yep, I'm not kicking him out until he gets a record @el Mirage
    Richard - Love your car, got a close up look at El Mirage. Your car's got great history and you're adding to it. I raked mine after these pictures, when I made it solid. Those changes helped, up until it spun again. I was out today fabricating mounts for a cross spring for the front. Hoping that helps next season.

11. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

Skip, I got the car done for "Speedweek", it was a big thrash for the owner to get it ready. We went and got rained out, the good news is he took it to the "World Of Speed" and got his license and the record off the trailer. He also went to the last one at El Mirage, and encountered some air shifter problems with the Jerico. Next year we can focus on the tuneup and have some fun. IMG_4882.JPG

grumpy32 likes this.