Register now to get rid of these ads!

BUBBAS IGNITION SERVICE

Discussion in 'The H.A.M.B. O'Dex' started by GMC BUBBA, May 13, 2014.

1. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

IF IT MAKES SPARK WE DO IT .
    ALTHOUGH WE DO THEM ALL WE SPECIALIZE IN ALL EARLY FORD 32-1953 FLATHEAD AND STOCK CORES ETC FOR THE FLATHEAD ...
    WWW.BUBBASHOTRODSHOP.COM

317-487-9460 LOCATED IN SPEEDWAY INDIANA ACROSS FROM THE 500 TRACK...

SpeedJunkee likes this.
  2. Jim does it very well indeed ...

Good to do business with !

Jim

3. 48fordnut

48fordnut
    Member Emeritus

Rec my Model a Mallory after sending it to Jim. Looks awesome, if it performs as well. As good as New ,only better :)Thanks to all

4. FLAT-TOP BOB

FLAT-TOP BOB
    HAMB O'dex Editor

mr. bubba posted a ad needing sbc distributors in the classifieds two years ago so I worked a trade out with him for two flatty ones worked up. the sbc were sent and I paid the shipping as per our trade.

now over two years and many promises later I do not have squat. thanks , bubba

Carter likes this.

5. bundybiker

bundybiker
    from australia

SOUNDS FAMILIAR , I AM IN THE SAME BOAT , DOWN 2 DISTRIBUTORS , JUST RECEIVED PROMISES , PRETTY DISSAPOINTING

Carter likes this.
  6. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

Just had my dual point flathead mallory overhauled.Looks like brand new.Timely turn around too!

7. Carter

Carter

Still waiting for my last distributor to get back to me after 3 years and 2 months. I've given up hope on actually receiving it, though.
    Worst thing is, I now have no distributor to fit my DeSoto Hemi. I had a Chrysler Mallory unit that I wanted modified to fit my DeSoto, so I sent my stock DeSoto AutoLite in as a pattern, if you will. Jim and I discussed what I wanted, which was just a shaft modification to allow the Mallory to work in my DeSoto. After well over 2 years, I finally got my Mallory back, rebuilt, which I did not ask him to do, but no shaft modification, which is all I wanted done. So, now I have a Mallory that doesn't fit my DeSoto, and he still has my AutoLite, so...

Link to thread on FordBarn where I originally aired my complaints..

http://fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=128960

Dave

8. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

My only hope is that everyone knows there are usually three sides to every story.
    Mine , Yours and what actually happened. Sometimes i get caught in a just cant do what the customer wants.
    All of these and any others caught in the works will be fixed returned as time permits.
    January 1st starts a empty shelf and all old orders will be handled...soon....

Bob you will get one of our new units for your cores , Bundy your au units are on the ups table to be returned. Dave your job turned into one of incorrect rotation ( wont work that way) and just wouldnt work out. I will find and return your autolite to you.

9. bundybiker

bundybiker
    from australia

Thanks for the response , Jim , I will be waiting ,
    Bundybiker

Carter likes this.
  10. bundybiker

bundybiker
    from australia

The parts turned up today 21-01-2015
    thanks

11. bundybiker

bundybiker
    from australia

I CERTAINLY DO ! Thanks again , pete

12. snot275

snot275

What's the deal with your number? Ive been trying to call it for the past couple of months. At first it would just always go to voicemail, then it was completely disconnected. Sent you a pm with no response.... Are you taking a pause? If not, I'd really like to get a quote on my Harman-Collins dual point for my flathead. Please contact me.

13. 19ford49

19ford49
    from Casper,Wyo

I also sent a pm with no responce for a dizzy for an 8ba flathead stock in a my 49 shoe after reading about the new dist in these motors it does wonders for them o_O

14. bundybiker

bundybiker
    from australia

ANY IDEA WHEN THEY WILL BE READY
    CHEERS PETE

15. Carter

Carter

I only recently decided to have a look at the Mopar Mallory. Unless I'm looking at things all wrong, it sure seems to be of the correct rotation to me. Lower advance plate is stamped RH, and someone on the HAMB even came up with info showing it as RH rotation, which if I'm not mistaken, is what my Desoto hemi is. So what's the deal? Am I missing something? Still haven't got my autolite back yet either, or I could at least have something to compare it to...

Dave

Last edited: Mar 14, 2015
    bundybiker likes this.
  16. bundybiker

bundybiker
    from australia

ANY IDEA WHEN THEY WILL BE READY
    CHEERS PETE

17. ROCKER77

ROCKER77

Whats the time lookin like on them A dizzies

bundybiker likes this.
  18. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Any questions on products or shipping needs to be down by private conversation.

19. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Last time for replies back and forth.
    It's not fair to fellow HAMBODEX posters to get their ads bumped down with conversation.

All replies or questions use the Private Conversation feature.

20. Carter

Carter

Still no Autolite, still no communication from Mr Linder. No answers as to why he claims my Mallory was of incorrect rotation when it seems that was untrue.

I guess I'll just have to confront Mr Linder face to face when he can't hide or ignore me. Maybe I'll get some answers then. Though I expect nothing but more lies.

21. Vegas_Cleaver

Vegas_Cleaver

I have gotten 2 dizzy from bubba, the last a converted sbc Mallory dual point for a flatty and both have been excellent. great product. Thanks

22. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

No one is hiding anything. I just have other customers to handle and take care of and never really have enoughtime.
    I certaintly dont have time to hash this out on the board !!!
    However if you insist!!! Chrysler uses many different distributors especially concerning proper length of drive shafts with the hemis mainly desotos. The theres the early and late hemis. One being front mount and the Desotos being rear mount. Each of these are a different rotoation.

1-Your Mallory is incorrect for the engine you needed it for. Doesnt matter now as i wont touch it again. Maybe one of your expert friends can get it done!!! And please if they do make you happy feel free to send me a bill. I will send you a check right away!!!

2-Beats me on your old autolite as i have quite a few old rusty cores laying around here mostly Desoto hemis.
    Send me your engine application (ie---331 -392 etc ????) and i will rebuild you a nice cast iron Hemi unit and get it back to you!!!!! No charge of course!!!!!!

23. Jim's a good kat , straight up, but a one man band, who is busy as hell, cause he's good. Even bough a car of his..Honest as the day is long..He's not Autozone, He's true old school honest, and if it takes a lil longer, its because what ever his sends ya back ..He did..and he did it right the first time and correctly.

ROCKER77 likes this.
  24. FLAT-TOP BOB

FLAT-TOP BOB
    HAMB O'dex Editor

2016 ANOTHER NEW YEAR....
    still waiting for my parts as promised and traded for 3 to 4 years ago.. quess you are super busy as I still do not have my parts.....but o you got my stuff a few days after we traded...

thank you thank you so much mr. bubba

bundybiker likes this.
  25. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

Bob,

You know sometimes things just happen! I will get you a flathead unit this week, as i am building them right now. No excuses it just happened .....

26. snopeks garage

snopeks garage
    from macomb MI

i run a bubba dizzy and have on past cars. he is my first and only stop for ignitions and ignition questions. thanks bubba!

27. ericjustus

ericjustus
    from Chino, CA

I just mailed mine out last week, hoping it fixes my engine problems. The distributor looked like it had gotten a few more miles out of it than it should have without an overhaul. Looking forward to the finished product.

28. I've gotten a couple of distributors from Bubba. No complaints.