Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Hot Rods, T/F Cackle car Drags, Gassers & More Eagle Field May 15-17th

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Toymaker, Nov 15, 2014.

1. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

The Eagle Field Estranged CC TRU-Gas/FX Shoot Out returns May 17th! Get that gasser READY!
    IMG_0009SM.jpg

eaglefield2md.jpg
    Heidt dragster Shaller2.jpg
    Rich w Willys.jpg
    Rich Heidt and his current Gorgeous Willys sedan.
    One of this years Fresno Dragways Reunion's special guests is Rich Heidt who if my memory serves me right called Turlock Ca home. Rich raced many celebrated California tracks including Fresno Dragways or Raisin City as many called it. This ...60's Schaller ad features the Heidt & Heidt Dragster which Rich built after his Blown Altered. Rich is returning to the central valley with his son Sheldon to join us with his latest Race Car, a beautiful Willys sedan which still runs a Shaller 1/4 speed dual lobe cam......I believe the same one he originally ran......I think he told me the Willys has one of his original Blown "283" engines from the 60's. We've been blessed at Eagle Field to befriend many veterans of Drag Racing and that's one of the reasons I describe our events as "Living Drag Race History"! You never know who your gonna meet! Rocky.

Billetproof Pre-Registration NOW Open ON LINE here..........http://billetproof.com/index.php/eagle-field-billetproof-drags-may-15-2015/

Yes you read right..........Eagle Field Drags May event will be jam packed with excitement and cars you wont see race anywhere else in California!
    On Friday night May 15th the Billetproof Drags makes it's first appearance at Eagle Field featuring 1964 and earlier iron racing under portable lighting from 5-10PM. This event promises to take you back with Hot Rods being Flag Started like it's 1964 again. To top off the action Jeff Ataimian will make sure there isn't a dark spot on the premises with a pass in his "BEAST" Jet Dragster........an experience Eagle Field Fans will not soon forget.
    Saturday the 16th at 12pm we open the staging lanes for the 6th Annual Fresno Dragways Reunion '73 and earlier, Flag Start, Run Whatcha Brung, Drag Race Action that Eagle Field has become famous for. This year we have 2 Special Guests, Rich Heidt (originally from Turlock, CA area) and his Beautiful BLOWN 33 Willys Sedan, with his son Sheldon behind the wheel & wrench's and Les Gomes (originally from Gustine, CA) who now races in the HAMB Dragster category. Both terrorized California Drag Drag Strips in the 60's.......Rich with a Blown Altered and Les on a NITRO Triumph motorcycle.
    There's more Living Drag Race History on Saturday with Bob Hansen making 2 exhibition passes in the original Wynn's Spoiler AA/ FUEL Dragster (That's NITRO my friends) along side another to be announced NITRO Dragster all being Flag Started by the LEGEND Eves Tall Chief, the last Flag Starter at Fremont. All this PLUS The Beast Jet Dragster returns on Saturday to make 2 exciting passes and to cap off the day a Party in the Historic Eagle Field Hangar Saturday night with Live entertainment, Food and Refreshments and just maybe I can convince Bob to stick around to light the Wynn's Spoiler "candles" for the Saturday night party.
    It's Official............After making 2 exhibition passes Bobby Hansen will Kick off the May 16th Eagle Field Saturday night Hangar Party after the Fresno Dragways Reunion at 8pm! Bobby's original Wynn's Spoiler Top Fuel Dragster will be joined by Joe Thomas and the Beaver Hunter AA/Fuel Altered, both Cackling their cars on NITRO in front of the Hangar.
    Sunday the 17th the Eagle Field Family will be running on FUMES but it will all be worth it as we call cars to the Staging Lanes at 10am for the 5th Annual Dos Palos LIONS Drag Race welcoming ALL Year American and 1973 and earlier import vehicles. The Lions Drag Race features two QUICK 8 Heads Up Door Slammer Categories, the Estranged Car Club Traditional Gasser Shoot-out, and open "Run Whatcha Brung" Lanes, all racing and receiving ET slips from our new Porta Tree system.
    All this and MORE with great food, refreshments and unique vendors for Eagle Field Family, Friends, and Fans to enjoy so come and enjoy Drag Racing like it was.........FUN! Watch
    eaglefielddrags.com for more info before we open the gate to our BIGGEST event of the year! Rocky
    Gate opens @ 8am each day and camping is FREE with 3 Day paid admission.

Discount Pre-Registration and tickets available soon on eaglefielddrags.com or purchase at the Gate
    billetproof.jpg

Jeff Ataimian's BEASTJet Dragster will appear Friday Night and Saturday May 15th and 16th!
    Jeff Ataimian.jpg

Bob Hansen is making an appearance @ Eagle Field to make a couple passes on NITRO May 16th. Bob is working on finding another car to run side by side with! Thank You
    Cacklefest.com for the photo
    WYNNS-SPOILER-72.jpg

It's Official............After making 2 exhibition passes Bobby Hansen will Kick off the May 16th Eagle Field Saturday night Hangar Party after the Fresno Dragways Reunion at 8pm! Bobby's original Wynn's Spoiler Top Fuel Dragster will be joined by Joe Thomas and the Beaver Hunter AA/Fuel Altered, both Cackling their cars on NITRO in front of the Hangar.
    10958704_801775269895464_3486741310935227837_n.jpg
    My friend Todd Miller just contacted me and has made it possible for Sonny Messner and his original Don Garlits Swamp Rat III to make an appearance at Eagle Field and "Cackle" the old girl for the fans! Pinch me I must be dreaming! Thank you Cacklefest.com for the photo
    sonny.jpg

Last edited: Feb 9, 2015
    tylercrawford likes this.
  2. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

3. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

4. Katuna

Katuna
    from Clovis,Ca.

AWESOME!!!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

5. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

6. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

7. deto

deto

Now I have a goal... Where can I look up tech inspection requirements for this?

8. The most fun you can have with your clothes on!!!!

9. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

deto, go to eaglefielddrags.com for our general rules.....if you have any questions PM me. Billetproof has rules for their race on their website.

10. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Here are the Billetproof rules off their website and before you think your car is too new (65 or 66 models) you want to PM "Choptop" here on the board or email [email protected]. I believe considerations will be made for cars that fit the "theme". http://billetproof.com/index.php/rules-f-a-q/ . This is your chance central California to have your own Traditional Drag Race, when I started the Eagle Field Drags we tried '65 and earlier ONLY but with the costs of these events it wasn't very profitable so I changed it to 73 and earlier and have heard some "Grumbles". SO DRAG 'EM OUT MAY 15TH and support your hobby! ;) Rocky billetproof.jpg

Last edited: Nov 20, 2014
  11. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Eagle Field General Rules.............. rules.jpg

12. no55mad

no55mad

Less than 6 months to go.

Toymaker likes this.
  13. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

25 weeks, 18 hours and 50 minutes :D

14. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

15. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

16. Katuna

Katuna
    from Clovis,Ca.

Hey Rocky, just saw the write up in Hot Rod Deluxe. Nice!

Love the crane shot of all the gassers on the runway. Where the heck can I get a print of that?!?

17. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Kleet is going to try and have some printed up by May, goes by Neglected Steel here on the HAMB. Thanks Katuna, Rocky
    hrd1.jpg

18. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Talking to Bob Hansen about making an appearance @ Eagle Field to make a couple passes on NITRO May 16th. Bob is working on finding another car to run side by side with! Thank You Cacklefest.com for the photo
    WYNNS-SPOILER-72.jpg

19. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Jeff Ataimian's BEAST Jet Dragster will appear Friday Night @ the Billetproof Drags and Saturday for the Fresno Dragways Reunion!
    May 15th and 16th.
    Jeff Ataimian.jpg

20. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Come on out and see Chief Flag Start like he did in the '60s and much more Living Drag Race History!

Eagle Field-Fresno Drags (304).jpg

21. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

22. only 115 more getups, but whose counting...............................Yahoooooooooooooo

Toymaker likes this.
  23. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Billetproof Pre-Registration NOW Open ON LINE here..........http://billetproof.com/index.php/eagle-field-billetproof-drags-may-15-2015/
    Eagle Field adds Friday Night Billetproof Drags, Sat Top Fuel Cackle Car Drags, to it's May Line-up!
    Yes you read right..........Eagle Field Drags May event will be jam packed with excitement and cars you wont see race anywhere else in California!
    On Friday night May 15th the Billetproof Drags makes it's first appearance at Eagle Field featuring 1964 and earlier iron racing under portable lighting from 5-10PM. This event promises to take you back with Hot Rods being Flag Started like it's 1964 again. To top off the action Jeff Ataimian will make sure there isn't a dark spot on the premises with a pass in his "BEAST" Jet Dragster........an experience Eagle Field Fans will not soon forget.
    Saturday the 16th at 12pm we open the staging lanes for the 6th Annual Fresno Dragways Reunion '73 and earlier, Flag Start, Run Whatcha Brung, Drag Race Action that Eagle Field has become famous for. This year we have 2 Special Guests, Rich Heidt (originally from Turlock, CA area) and his Beautiful BLOWN 33 Willys Sedan, with his son Sheldon behind the wheel & wrench's and Les Gomes (originally from Gustine, CA) who now races in the HAMB Dragster category. Both terrorized California Drag Drag Strips in the 60's.......Rich with a Blown Altered and Les on a NITRO Triumph motorcycle.
    There's more Living Drag Race History on Saturday with Bob Hansen making 2 exhibition passes in the original Wynn's Spoiler AA/ FUEL Dragster (That's NITRO my friends) along side another to be announced NITRO Dragster all being Flag Started by the LEGEND Eves Tall Chief, the last Flag Starter at Fremont. All this PLUS The Beast Jet Dragster returns on Saturday to make 2 exciting passes and to cap off the day a Party in the Historic Eagle Field Hangar Saturday night with Live entertainment, Food and Refreshments and just maybe I can convince Bob to stick around to light the Wynn's Spoiler "candles" for the Saturday night party.
    Sunday the 17th the Eagle Field Family will be running on FUMES but it will all be worth it as we call cars to the Staging Lanes at 10am for the 5th Annual Dos Palos LIONS Drag Race welcoming ALL Year American and 1973 and earlier import vehicles. The Lions Drag Race features two QUICK 8 Heads Up Door Slammer Categories, the Estranged Car Club Traditional Gasser Shoot-out, and open "Run Whatcha Brung" Lanes, all racing and receiving ET slips from our new Porta Tree system.
    All this and MORE with great food, refreshments and unique vendors for Eagle Field Family, Friends, and Fans to enjoy so come and enjoy Drag Racing like it was.........FUN! Watch
    eaglefielddrags.com for more info before we open the gate to our BIGGEST event of the year! Rocky
    Gate opens @ 8am each day and camping is FREE with 3 Day paid admission.
    Discount Pre-Registration and tickets available soon on
    eaglefielddrags.com or purchase at the Gate
    View attachment 2813378

Jeff Ataimian's BEASTJet Dragster will appear Friday Night and Saturday May 15th and 16th!
    View attachment 2813379

Bob Hansen is making an appearance @ Eagle Field to make a couple passes on NITRO May 16th. Bob is working on finding another car to run side by side with! Thank You
    Cacklefest.com for the photo
    View attachment 2813380

24. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

deans poster.jpg Thank you Voxnut!

25. Katuna

Katuna
    from Clovis,Ca.

Holy crap, that's awesome!!!! I'll take a hundred and wall paper my computer room. Those will be available for purchase ( please,please,please)?

Between you and Carl, this is the best goodie rich event yet. Johnnie got me one of the Nomad posters. Sweet.

Toymaker likes this.
  26. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Yep, next time I go to the printer in Los Banos I'm printin some up. I'll post when I pick them up Katuna.

27. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

10958704_801775269895464_3486741310935227837_n.jpg

28. We'll be there. Comet WILL make at least one pass, at least that's the plan! I'll push it down the track if I have to.

Toymaker likes this.
  29. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Hahaha, See ya there Mike!

30. there, I said it, no going back now.

Toymaker likes this.