Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My '50 Buick special build

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by PraiseDLowrd, Jul 20, 2014.

1. oldwood

oldwood
    from arkansas

The oil pan was from my 1st '50 Buick. I cleaned the Oil pan getting ready to paint it when I noticed light coning thru the bottom. I bought a used OP for cheap on ebay

2. i love your work buddy and I'll follow your treat :);):)
    [​IMG]

PraiseDLowrd likes this.
  3. PraiseDLowrd

PraiseDLowrd
    from Texas

Well after a few more tweaks It moved off the lift under its own power. I'm happy to say she is running well and the test ride was sweet!!! I'll take her to the alignment shop mon or tues, that will be the real test getting to the shop. It was all over the road on the short test run but otherwise she drove great! I'm still waiting on the window sweep kit to put the new door glass in(pain in the ass).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

There is a pretty decent oil leak from around the fuel pump so I'll have to seal that up this weekend. I covered most of the wires with flexbraid and threw in some trunk lining to tidy up a bit.

[​IMG]

Here's a before (first day I had it) and after (today). Doesn't look like much of a difference but it's what you can't see that counts
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 13, 2015
  4. jocktherock

jocktherock
    from Sweden

You have done a great job on that beuty so please continue because it's enjoying to see the updates! Bottom up!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

5. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

As a kid my family had a few 50/52 Buicks, that's what attracted me to your build.
    You've done a great job on attention to detail and now have a very cool Buick. More please.

PraiseDLowrd likes this.
  6. PraiseDLowrd

PraiseDLowrd
    from Texas

Thanks fellas.. I took her out for a short drive down the block today. And don't mind the rattle that will be gone when the door glass is back in!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Anyone happen to have a Fulton visor they would part with?

Last edited: Feb 16, 2015
  7. PraiseDLowrd

PraiseDLowrd
    from Texas

I trailered her to the alignment shop this morning and drove home. She runs and drives great! It's by no means 'finished' but I feel like all the time labor and cash invested over the past 7 months has definitely paid off.
    Oh yea, I now know why they call em dynaslows! Usually traffic here is crazy and people road rage behind slow cars but several people slowed down just to check her out and take pics.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

ausbuick, Waldoz, LONG and 2 others like this.
  8. Bruce A Lyke

Bruce A Lyke

good work, nice to see it out on the street. what's next?

9. SUPER NICE

PraiseDLowrd likes this.
  10. PraiseDLowrd

PraiseDLowrd
    from Texas

That 59 is nice!
    Right now It's window regulators, door glass, window sweeps, glass channels, seals, and a lot of weather stripping. The split windshield and rear glass seals are shot but I'm gonna let a pro handle those. Next is a header and dual exhaust. I can't decide between lake pipes or run it out the back thru the bumperettes where the backup lights would have been (as suggested earlier in the thread). After i get some miles on it and save up some money I want to repaint the car and finish the interior. But like your sig says, just get back on the road!

11. Bruce A Lyke

Bruce A Lyke

sounds like a good plan, looking forward to the updates as the story continues.

12. customizer2024

customizer2024
    from niles, mi.

Very Sweeet, Be proud

13. woodstocker

woodstocker

Thanks for sharing ! I'm working on a major drivelineswap with a 88 Camaro iroc-z donor. I also have the fatman dropped uprights and discbrake kit from scarebird. The brakecaliper hits the upper pin (shocks) when steering, not good. I should have bought the wilwood kit instead.

14. PraiseDLowrd

PraiseDLowrd
    from Texas

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Unfortunately the weather has been bad lately so this weekend was the first opportunity I've had to take the car out for a decent cruise. It ran great and got alot of looks. I found an electronic windshield wiper conversion but my wipers are out of sync. The drivers side operates as it should but the passenger side sweeps down toward the cowl like the wiper transmission is upside-down. Anyone run into this before?

Now That sounds like alot of fun! How are you setting up the rear end? that sucks about the brakes. the willwood seemed like a better deal because it was a complete direct bolt in kit. It was pricey but good ain't cheap and cheap ain't good.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2015
    Waldoz likes this.
  15. EBW

EBW

She's a beauty !! Damn looks good at full height and layed out !! Of course you got you looks, who wouldn't check that Sedanette out ?? Good job, now the list of small things that you can get done as you see fit, ( or until the bug the crap out of you into fixing ) have fun driving !!

PraiseDLowrd likes this.
  16. oldwood

oldwood
    from arkansas

I know about the Dynaslow, Ha!!! Both of my '5o's had it. I'm trying to buy another '50 right now but the owner is having sellers remorse and will probably back out. I did secure the '50 that has a std tranny for a future swap if I get another Dynaslow car. Nothing touches a '50 Bucktooth. You did good with your Bucky!!! Grats.

PraiseDLowrd likes this.
  17. 1950_Buick

1950_Buick

it's looking great!

PraiseDLowrd likes this.
  18. Inked Monkey

Inked Monkey

On the wiper issue, if it is like my 54 then the cable is supposed to twist. Maybe your cable is on incorrectly which is causing it to sweep the wrong way?

19. Awesome! It's as big as a boat. It's as heavy as a tank. I'd say you just about got it covered!

PraiseDLowrd likes this.
  20. remi-as-wremss

remi-as-wremss

Beautiful car....

PraiseDLowrd likes this.
  21. PraiseDLowrd

PraiseDLowrd
    from Texas

Thanks For the reply. it took me a couple minutes hangin upsideown under the dash but once i understood how they operated i just switched the cables around and got em goin the right direction now.

22. PraiseDLowrd

PraiseDLowrd
    from Texas

Some new scenery! Ran great around town but started to run a bit hot sitting in the drive thru. when I got moving again she cooled down pretty quick. I might hook up an electric fan for the stop and go traffic and 100 degree summer days.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

331 and jocktherock like this.
  23. hacknwhack

hacknwhack
    from mass

Badass with class.

PraiseDLowrd likes this.
  24. PraiseDLowrd

PraiseDLowrd
    from Texas

Kennedy Kits model no 1018 box $36 on eBay + $30 assorted tools from an estate sale = Buick first aid kit

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

25. PraiseDLowrd

PraiseDLowrd
    from Texas

It took alot of searching but I got a lil something extra for the LSRU

[​IMG]
    OG Fulton 808 visor with rare "EE" brackets courtesy of Loupeestuff Classic car parts. Also found a set of fender skirts from fender skirt depo

26. jocktherock

jocktherock
    from Sweden

Very,very nice visor find and please PDL.... Show us the skirts please!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

27. mcnally351

mcnally351
    from boston

Love this buick. Great job with it. Keep it going

28. EBW

EBW

Nice score !!!
    I have been looking for a BUICK one for awhile now. One that will allow the antenna to swivel. I have only seen one at a show, what are your plans with the antenna ?

29. Terraizer

Terraizer

Nice looking Buick.

30. PraiseDLowrd

PraiseDLowrd
    from Texas

I'll take many pics when they get here!

Thanks!

Man, get ahold of Pat or Karen @ Loupeestuff.com they probably have what you're looking for or can at least point you in the right direction. Very knowledgeable & helpful folks. They said the antenna should have enough room to be turned up or down with the visor installed. I'll post some pics of the install and antenna clearance

EBW likes this.