Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Mike Tomforde's '34 Roadster

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Ryan, Mar 30, 2015.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Ryan submitted a new blog post:

Mike Tomforde's '34 Roadster

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

HEMI32 likes this.
  2. Lynn Pew will love this one, just as I do. It is a very simple but quite effective treatment to an already hotroddy type car. Tim

3. Boy you sure pick some nice hot rods to post up. Don't think I have ever seen this one before.
    Thanks Boss

4. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Very nice mild hot rod! I dig that oil filler. I might copy that!

5. Silva

Silva

6. flamingokid

flamingokid

Kinmonts were a direct bolt on to Ford running gear with zero mods,which A.) Gave them great stopping ability and B.) one less thing to have to modify and think out.....Kind of keeping with the spirit of hot rodding in general and this hot rod specifically.Smooth,sexy, simple,and to the point.A direct hit.

7. Wow what a great car! I do not think I have ever seen that one. Timeless

8. Rolleiflex

Rolleiflex

Very nice! There is a Mike and Judy Tomforde pictured with a customized '66 or 67' Pontiac listed on the Fredericksburg Vintage Car Club website. He looks to be about the right age. I wonder...?[​IMG]

HEMI32 likes this.
  9. Rolleiflex

Rolleiflex

It also appears that he has a vintage car collection according to some other info that I found.

HEMI32 likes this.
  10. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Just a classic look - perfect!

11. 50Fraud

50Fraud

Outstanding, just beautiful. I've never heard of 91 carbs; am I the only one?

12. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

Ryan, you made my day. I love that roadster and have never seen that issue of Hot Rod that I recall. I will work harder on mine now. Thanks.

13. Shamus

Shamus
    from NC

14. von Dyck

von Dyck

I like the grill surround treatment. It visually lengthens the hood and ties in well with the subtle top chop.

15. MRpants

MRpants
    from pea ridge

16. Great car. Funny how it has allot in common with @Chris car. Good taste lasts forever.

17. There are a number of 33/34 roadsters in the 50's I borrowed ideas from...bumpers, top, lights, stance. It's hard to argue with a car that looks like some in that time period. I just added a station wagon rear bumper on the back of my roadster yesterday

Rocket's Hot Rod Garage and Ryan like this.
  18. Chandler-Grove (later Holley) 91-99, also known as the AA-1 or 94.

19. 50Fraud

50Fraud

Ah. 94 I know, but I'd never heard of a 91. Thanks!

HEMI32 likes this.
  20. I'm with you...never heard them referred to as a "91"...usually just Chandler-Grove, AA-1, or 94. I believe the early (39-40 ish) carbs had 91-99 on the side, perhaps in '52 calling them "91's" was accepted nomenclature.

HEMI32 likes this.
  21. Take that 34 and improve it and you've got your car... been following it on Instagram... Neatest 34 roadster I've seen!

22. Hey thank you I really appreciate that. I'm giving that car my all!

23. Classy car for sure!

24. boo

boo
    from stuart,fl.

.great car, this is exactly what i am building , as soon as i finish my T, dont kno why i did the T and not the 34. body work is all done and all parts are there. chery body, rng bds , dpd axl, fenders ,55 cad eng 3/2's, 40 str col shift, hd ford od trans, old 9'' rear, merc 51/2 ft rim, 6'' linc rr rims, choping top 2'', 34 bucket seats from my 34 2dr, cad lasal dash. love those 41 bumpers, going to find me some. just a hi school custom that i would have built if i had had any money in 50's.

25. boo

boo
    from stuart,fl.

thought that car looked familiar, it was later owned by''robert/ texas'' [on ford barn], it later had an olds eng. fownd a 41 bumper today,one more piece for rdst.

26. I have a couple bumpers if you need another @boo

27. RussTee

RussTee

I love 33/ 34 roadsters in any form they have tripled in numbers here in NZ in the past 3 or so years.

28. Nobey

Nobey

You just don't see 34's with painted grills, and no radiator cap, nice clean look.
    No inside door handles, and I can't figure out where he put the E-brake. Lot
    of little subtle touches on this one. I'm glad we got to see this roadster.....