Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rod Seat Frames~Model A Rollpans~Bengels Hot Rod Prod.

Discussion in 'The H.A.M.B. O'Dex' started by Metaltwister, Aug 8, 2011.

1. AKGrouch

AKGrouch

I just received my roll pan for my 31 Ford Coupe. All I can say is "WOW!" Although it isn't installed yet, a simple glance shows that it is top notch quality, very well designed, reasonably priced, and that it will enhance my coupe without any question. I also found Bob to be an easy individual to work with, very friendly, and very knowledgeable. Can't wait to get it installed so I can show it off this Spring when the snow melts. If you need a roll pan for your coupe, Metaltwister is your man.

2. Metaltwister

Metaltwister
    Member Emeritus

We are going nuts with the seat orders and we really appreciate it guys! Thanks for all the kind words and referrals. !

BTW... Were moving!
    Good bye San Diego
    January 1, 2019 we will me working out of our new to us facility at :

Bengels Hot Rod Seats

12449 Stow Dr.
    Licking. Missouri 65442
    Phone is the same as always.
    619-461-3502

Last edited: Oct 25, 2018
  3. Metaltwister

Metaltwister
    Member Emeritus

Early Thirty Down and Dirty
    SEAT FRAME SALE​

Fits Model A through 32... Ford, Chevy, and Plymouth Too!

We have been ultra busy with the seat frame building portion of our business. So much so I haven't been able to come up for air for quite a while now. We have been asked to run the Early Thirty Down and Dirty seat promo again by quite a few of you. So this time we will run it for the first few weeks in April and see how it goes. So if you missed it go back to post 22 and check it out. Its the best price you will ever find on a nice fitting seat frame for your early 30 ride. Give us a call and see what we can do for you... 619-461-3502

4. Metaltwister

Metaltwister
    Member Emeritus

SHIPPING & HANDLING... FYI
    As most of you know shipping costs have been creeping up! Not only has the cost of the actual shipping increased, but the packaging materials and labor to stuff the boxes has leap frog'ed as well.

All this to say that Shipping and Handling is not included in our prices here on the Hamb O'Dex. As you know weight, size of the container, and where it is shipped to all play a part in the cost of shipping. While we would love to absorb the shipping cost for you we just cant afford to do that. Especially with our product being so competitively priced and reasonable to start with!

If you would like to know what our shipping rates are please let us know your mail to zip code so we can calculate an accurate shipping cost for you. Thanks again

Last edited: Jun 2, 2015
  5. Metaltwister

Metaltwister
    Member Emeritus

MODEL "A" COUPE AND ROADSTER ROLL PANS... Just an F.Y.I.

I know a lot of you have been requesting I do another run of Model A Roll Pans. As many of you know I only build a few runs of roll pans a year which means these pans may or may not be available right when you want them... I have a big box of corners formed, Five 10 foot sheets of beautiful 18 gauge sheet metal, And few cases of shipping boxes stacked and ready to be assembled and used. I guess that means it is the time to Get Ur Done! I have a few pending orders to fill right now. So if your interested in a 28 through 31 Ford Coupe or Roadster Roll Pan, now might be a good time to throw your name in hat for one. I'm still extending the long Hamb Discount so give me a holler if it is something your needing to finish off your ride. For pics and prices go back to the 12th post here on this thread and check them out. Thanks once again guys for all your support over the years! It is appreciated.
    Bob

Last edited: Jun 5, 2015
  6. Hanke

Hanke
    from washington

M.T. sign me up for a Roadster roll pan.
    Thanks!

7. Metaltwister

Metaltwister
    Member Emeritus

Did you spend countless hours and thousands of dollars building the perfect ride only to discover
    something was lacking...

Maybe Something like your Rides Ride?

seat.jpg
    We specialize in fixing those issue for our customers. If your early into your build or going back and fine tuning, the rides comfort is one of the most over looked aspects of the build. Nothing is more impressive than sitting in a modified car and feeling like you are supposed to be there.

We build modern style seat frames with the Ole School look. Yep, a lot of headway has been made in the Jalopy seat building business over the last 70 plus years, So why settle?
    Is your ride all it should be? Do you have a unique vehicle that requires a custom seat frame?
    Maybe you just discovered that that second row mini van seat was designed for 8 year olds and when built the comfort wasn't a priority? Yeah but it was cheap and fits ok... RIGHT?
    It's pretty safe to say if it's hot rod seating related, "We Have Been There & Done That"
    Shoot us a P.M. or a call to find out how we can help you with your seating needs.
    We have some killer deals going on right now so give us a call...

Thanks, and ask for Bob @ 619-461-3502

Give it some thought. ;)

Last edited: Dec 23, 2019
  8. AKGrouch

AKGrouch

Hey Bob,

Here is a pic of the roll pan on the 31 coupe. Haven't put the side pieces on yet, but it sure enhanced the finish of the rear end. Nice statement rather than just having the bottom of the rear end looking like it was chopped off. I love the way it looks. We'll see what kind of reception it gets next Sunday when I take the coupe to the annual car show n shine on the park strip here in Anchorage. Will be between 300 and 400 cars there if the weather is good.

Enjoyed chatting with you the other day.

Pat

Attached Files:

9. agshelby

agshelby

My finished seat - ready to install. A great product; ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1440554511.116883.jpg

DeLuxe 32 likes this.
  10. agshelby

agshelby

In the car: ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1440602334.927910.jpg

catdad49 and DeLuxe 32 like this.
  11. Metaltwister

Metaltwister
    Member Emeritus

Hey guys I wanted to let you know what was going on here...
    We were literally over whelmed with seat orders over the last 2 months. unfortunately we are a small shop and only have one speed... Fast. Just not fast enough to keep up. :oops: As a result we needed to get more done in the same amount of time. So we started with our biggest annoyance and time robber. Due to the outrageous number of automated phone calls we receive daily we are only taking messages at this time. As soon as we determine it is not a garbage call we will give you a ring back asap. Or if we are within ear shot leave a message and we will pick up as soon as we realize it not a recording. We receive in excess of 50 automated calls a day which equates to a giant rip off of our valuable seat building time!!! So with that said we really appreciate your understanding for our poor telephone etiquette.

Secondly we are just about caught up with all the back orders and should back on track by Monday or so. We appreciate your patients especially those who have been waiting a bit longer than we quoted. We apologies for this and will take steps to ensure this does not happen again in the future. I just didn't want folks to think we were having issues and they couldn't get ahold of us for some reason. We are here working very long days, we are very busy even in this heat, and we are working our tails off in our effort to get your new Bengels seat frame to you A.S.A.P.!
    Thanks again, Bob Engel

Last edited: Sep 1, 2015
  12. Metaltwister

Metaltwister
    Member Emeritus

CUSTOM BUILT SEAT FRAMES... Word is getting out! Many of you have heard by now that we are one of only a few company's that will actually build you a Custom Seat Frames to your specs. Over half of our seat sales are custom built seat frames and usually at or around our standard seat prices. When you visit our site at www.hotrodseats.com then click on the Custom Seat tab on the header, or click here: http://www.hotrodseats.com/custom-frames/order/ you will find the easiest way to get exactly what you need. No Mystery here! No having to buy extra wide foam kits to fill in the gaps. Make it fit correctly the first time.

If you have a modified ride with a replaced floor, chopped roof, channeled body, sectioned body, or even a shifter now sitting in your lap, we can help you. A few easy measurements will insure the perfect fit for your unique ride. Full buckets, Full bench, Split back bench, or Split bases are doable. Obviously this pertains to any early vehicle not just Fords.
    If your serious about finishing off your build the correct way give us a call today.

(619) 461-3502
    9:00am to 5:00pm
    Monday - Friday
    [email protected]

More picks sent to us recently from another happy customer. This seat has a custom back height and flip up base. It finished off this custom built f100 perfectly. 002.JPG 001.JPG

And a few more... Beach Bum Jim of So. Carolina worked his upholstery magic on this Sweet 32 Roadster.
    015.JPG
    b005.JPG

Attached Files:

• 005.JPG
      005.JPG
      File size:
      170.3 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2018
    catdad49 likes this.
  13. Metaltwister

Metaltwister
    Member Emeritus

image.jpeg Original Style Suburban Seat Frames
    1941-46 2nd Generation

You have been asking for them so we decided to give it a try...

We will be releasing our new original styled Burb seat frame in the very near future. We have the first set of all 3 rows in the works now and should be available in the next week or so. The front original 60/40 seat configuration as well as the center jump seat and the full size back seat frame will be offered. The front passenger seat will be the original fold and flip design. We are in the process of figuring out the best shipping process as these babies are not small! We are very excited about this project and wanted to give you guys a heads up. Keep and eye open for our Early Burb special that we will be offering exclusively to you guys here on the HAMB!

41-46burb seating.JPG

Last edited: Sep 4, 2016
  14. jeepjoint

jeepjoint

We purchased our seat last year and have been very pleased with it during the build. Finished in time for the 2016 Starbird Show in Tulsa. Out of 1000 cars we finished in the top Fifty. More than pleased and received many compliments on the interior. You asked for photos of the results and here is what we have to show for our labors.
    DSCN1391.JPG DSCN1390.JPG DSCN1395.JPG DSCN1393.JPG

catdad49 likes this.
  15. That's my 32 in post #43 with the plaid interior. A big thanks to Bob At Bengels for a quality product, and thanks to Beach Bum Jim for the upholstery job. The seat looks right, fits right and feels right.

catdad49 likes this.
  16. Metaltwister

Metaltwister
    Member Emeritus

A few pics of the finished deuce page one. The top hoop was removed and shortened so that the back insert is all that flips forward now. The dark over stuffed top and sides stay in place. It is a neat way to access his battery and stuff in the front portion of his trunk. It always amazes me what your upholstery Gurus can do with a little creativity. Thanks for the props, for the pics, and the feed back.

CIMG3742.JPG CIMG3743.JPG CIMG3741.JPG

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 20, 2016
    catdad49 likes this.
  17. Metaltwister

Metaltwister
    Member Emeritus

35D05D6A-F622-44BA-9E94-B27CF5EEAC77.png View attachment 3307181 image.jpeg

Our New

Retro Style Seat Frames

Well Guys and Gals here we go again. Something new and unique just for the HAMB!

We receive dozens of seat inquires every day and as always we try our hardest to listen and act on the needs of our customers. As of late we have been noticing that the HAMB members are asking for a simple basic old school styled seat frames. You guys are telling us you don't want plastic handles and covers sticking out the side of your retro Hot Rod seats. For the most part you are liking the flip up base option, and that makes perfect since as you don't have anywhere else to put things. Interesting enough about half of you want seat slider adjusters, but a growing number of you are setting up the car just for you! Who wants someone else driving your car anyway! We get it.

This made us step back and re evaluate just what the heck we were doing. In retrospect we kind of evolved away from our original goals and got sucked into one up's manship with the competition.
    Our original goal was to make the best retro style seat frame available at a price that a entry level Rod builder could afford. It is our belief that the cost of this sport is quickly leaving the beginner Rodder frustrated and in the dust. Actually that is true for most of us!

So this is what we are doing to get back to our original goals. We have gone backwards and studied the seat frames of the late 30's, 40's, and 50's. The retro seat frames were very basic in there design and were very functional. No plastic handles or covers, No bulky hinge assemblies, For the most part they were either fixed back bench seats or the back could flip forward. The down side to the early designs were those crappy coil springs, wood frames, and rivets in place of welding. By design they were good but the technology of the day was passed up in just a few decades. As far as the modern Retro Style frames go we have improved on them them considerably. They are now built with square and round steel tubing and are fully welded. All of the weak points have been designed engineered out of the frames. The weak coil springs have been replaced with heavy duty Zig Zag springs so that high density foam can be used in place of upholstery batting.

Henry Ford decided early on that a 28 degree ride angle was just about right and standardized all his seats to that position, magically so did most of the other manufactures of the day. So we are continuing to follow his lead. Our seat frames backs land on a pair of adjustable stops allowing the seat back angle to be set at 0 to approx. 30 degrees lay back making these seat frames perfect for pick up trucks and cars alike. When these frames are installed they give the old school look but with the feel of a modern seat.

Prices start as low as $595.00 no bells or whistles, just a great seat frame for a great price. Give us a call and we can fill you in on all the specifics. Options include the Bengels Seat Wings, Flip Up Base, and Seat Slider Adjusters. Custom sized seats are no problem and usually just a few bucks more if anything. Typical lead time is 3.5 to 4 weeks. ARO

Last edited: Nov 3, 2018
  18. Metaltwister

Metaltwister
    Member Emeritus

Have Fabrication Skills and would like to use them to save yourself a few BUCKS?
    Do you have an Early Truck and your out of leg room?
    The H.A.M.B. O'Dex Trucking Deal from Bengels

Lets face it, seat frames are a weird thing. They look really simple, but there is much more to them than most realize. We have been approached by several guys that have trucks from the early thirty's that are realizing for the first time that there is no room in that cab! Seating all of a sudden becomes a very real and critical concern! Then the sequence of events starts and it goes something like this...

Most come to a quick realization that they need their seats backs in a straight up vertical position to gain leg room. They then typically opt to solid mount the seat base as there is no need to ever slide it forward. Then they do a Google search and freak out when they see our competition charge almost $800.00 for a seat frame! Quickly they search around for a better deal and that is how most likley how you got here. Then more research on the HAMB and you go through the whole 2nd row seat in the mini van thing only to discover, when all the work is done that the second row seat in the mini van was built for 80 pounder's and for occasional use, and to top it all off kids don't really care how comfortable a seat is! Finally
    you visit our web site and wonder if these prices are old out dated prices? Then you wonder why such a difference in price? Once looking them over you notice they really are noticably built better. Thats when you get our phone number and typically is when we start the process of making you into another happy customer!

We have been making a basic base panel (Seat Base) as well as a basic back panel (Seat Back) to the dimensions for the trucks for many years now but for our complete seat frame assembles. With these frames they come to you in two separate panels and you make and install the mounts to your truck how you see fit. Some use tabs and bolt them down, while others get more sophisticated and peg and slot them to the frame work of the cab so they can be easily removed. If a seat riser is involved tabs can be welded from the bottom of the seat frame and bolted directly to the riser. If this is how you plan to install your seat frame please insure the riser metal is thick enough to secure the seat encase of an accident. If mounting to the flat floor we can build the seat frame base with floor stand off brackets for easy mounting.

Because the there is such limited space in the early pick up cabs this style of seat frames is ideal. The seat back is ultra thin (about 3" thick with springs) gaining that valuable leg room. Due to the lack of room we still offer the optional hinged flip up base. This provides additional storage and mounting for hardware, electronics, jacks and lug wrenchs or what ever. Prices vary but the typical two panel seat frame starts right at $385.00. Nice thing about these seat frames... They are very affordable, Brand new, way more comfortable than that 2nd row mini van seat, and you had your hands on it making it exactly what you wanted.

Feel free to contact us with any questions you may have. Custom sizes at no additional charge.

image_zpsrhcynf3g.jpeg image_zpslfzofmsc.jpeg

Last edited: Mar 23, 2018
  19. Metaltwister

Metaltwister
    Member Emeritus

Hey guys just wanted to let you know everything is all right! This last week we got hammered with rain and everything and everybody went bazooks out here in So Cal. Unfortunately we have folks that don't know what water does to traction, so as a result we have had phone junction boxes mowed over and electrical poles splintered leaving us with very un stable phone and electrical service the past few days. More than anything I just wanted to let you guys who are waiting for your seats know that we haven't skipped town on ya or anything like that. If you try calling and get a dead line try again in a few hours! They are telling us that the latest phone issues should be rectified and back in service tomorrow. Jan 24 (Tuesday) Thanks for understanding.
    View attachment 3434561

Last edited: Jan 24, 2017
  20. Metaltwister

Metaltwister
    Member Emeritus

THE HAMB's
    Tax Time... Early Thirty, Down & Dirty Seat Frame Offer!
    Retro Style seat frames
    Expires May 31, 2017
    [​IMG]

For those of you that have been following us here on the Hamb for the past few years you know that we are all about keeping it as real as we can for the H.A.M.B. members. At Bengels we do all that we can to keep our hobby as affordable as possible! We have heard those of you that are forced to build your Hot Rods on a much tighter budget due to the economic climate. Lets face it, things are tight for a lot of us right now . In many cases the projects in the garage have to take a back seat to more pressing priority's. (Pun Intended) While our business has taken a big up turn the past few quarters we are optimistic that this will be the trend that everyone will experience shortly. To help you gets back up to wrenching speed we have decided to do a few things to lighten your load and help you out! All you need to do is act on this incredible offer!

We recently have retooled our fixtures and streamlined our production capabilities. We have negotiated better pricing from all of our suppliers, and have committed to larger quantities purchases. We have also made some subtle design changes in the seat frames that have saved us time and money in the manufacturing process. This has been accomplished while keeping the superior quality of our seat frames intact. And finally, we are manufacture direct to you here on the H.A.M.B.. This means cutting out the price raising commission of the distribution level of sales.

Yeah, so what?... You might ask? Sounds like you made some good business decisions and will be making more profit on your products... We probably could, and would, but we're not! We have decided to do more production runs of what we call the"Early Thirty Down and Dirty Seat Frames". These seat frames will be only offered on the Hamb and they will be based on the Model A & 32 Ford Bench Seat Frame measurements. It should be noted that they will also fit nicely in a wide variety of vehicle of the early 30's era.o

42" across the top of the back panel
    36.5" across the front of the bottom panel
    18.5" deep on the bottom panel
    25" from floor to top of the seat back. (In straight the up position)
    5" Thick ride height at front of the lower panel
    *** Add 1" to over all height if seat sliders are used

These will be a standard size frame with the adjustable back, Fully welded tube frames with no open exposed tube ends, Fully laced with Zig Zag No Sag springs, Fixed mounting brackets, and Fully painted in gloss black paint. Perfect fit for that open, mild to heavy chopped car or truck. Just add high density foam for a taller seat ride position. These frames will be built in production runs of 10 or more at a time so we can keep the production costs ultra competitive. Delivery time is still 3 to 4 weeks after receipt of order but could be sooner if in stock. (Call to confirm) We think the extreme cost savings will make the short build time worth the wait. As mentioned this is a HAMB Discount only! If your not a member forget this offer, or it might be a good reason to sign up and become a Hamb member?

The bottom line is this... These seat frames will be sold for ——- plus shipping and handling... Shop this price and be amazed. Then shoot us your mailing zip code for a S&H Quote. Bolt in seat slider adjusters are available with this offer for —— for the pair. May we strongly suggest that if you are in need of a seat frame now or will be in the near future that you make this a priority. Don't let this offer get away from you! It is the best value on the market today... Feel free to contact us with any questions seat related and let us know your interested in the "Down and Dirty Early Thirty" offer.

As always we reserve the right to terminate this offer at anytime without notice
    www.hotrodseats.com
    www.hotrodseatframes.com
    [email protected]
    (619) 461-3502
    Now more than ever
    COMPARE PRICES then glide past the others and let Bengels save your ass!​

Last edited: Oct 7, 2018
    Bam.inc likes this.
  21. RichS_tx

RichS_tx

Bob,

Seat arrived today and it looks great, good job. The roll pan has turned many heads at the body shop. Most often question is where did you get that roll pan it looks killer (It is just hanging on with a couple of hidden vice grips). Thanks for all your help. The chop is coming along, so it will be a little while before we get to rear fenders and roll pan. Will send pictures when it is painted, and upholstery is complete. Thanks again. Great work on both products.

22. Metaltwister

Metaltwister
    Member Emeritus

image.jpeg 591A0005-D990-43F3-A481-B0AB8E673425.png

Will needed a custom fit bench seat frame for his really sweet chopped and channeled Model A. His note to us...

Hey Bob, it took a few days after getting out of the hospital to slide the frame into the 31. It went in without any trouble and the fit is absolutely perfect. I will most likely remove the oak angle brackets on the back of the cab since they will no longer be needed and run without sliders. Several of the guys at my local Rod Club stopped by for a look and were amazed at the fit and quality as well. Two of these guys were a little upset after
    just having their A's shipped out to a shop in California for interiors and after several months and over $20K each the seats as they put it are "junk".

Now I am searching even harder for an upholster that can do your frames justice.
    Once it is upholstered and in the car for good I will send you some pictures to show future customers.
    Regards
    Will

And another note on a Deuce Seat shipped not long ago...

Got the seat today (actually received it yesterday but I was out of town). Perfect! Good thing you put Fragile stickers on the box, looked like it had been run over by a bull dozer but everything inside was in perfect condition. Great job packaging the whole thing, very well done.

Thanks again and I will highly recommend you to others.

Steve

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 16, 2020
    catdad49 likes this.
  23. Metaltwister

Metaltwister
    Member Emeritus

AF9AF3E8-4630-4829-8CE0-8831AFC860CD.jpeg
    Is that a new Bengels seat? Sweet!

Last edited: Jun 16, 2020
  24. Metaltwister

Metaltwister
    Member Emeritus

1D455267-0FE3-460C-A32D-29830468F9DD.jpeg Holidays are here again... Are you shopping smart?
    Wow, I just spent some time looking at what our two main competitors are offering for the Holidays and what a suprise! Now I must admit we've been so busy we are just keeping up with the work load and not a lot of time to linger. Much less think about what the competition was up to!

So at lunch time had the opportunity check out their sites to see some nicely done things. They have spent considerable time cleaning up there cluttered sites and now are offering flip up bases on almost all their seat frames. Unlike us were we offer flip up bases on all our frames as we have always done! But what really got my attention was the Holiday discounts. Wonder why they would feel the need to lower their prices for the holidays? Upon closer inspection I then saw why... As an example one of our competitors sells there Bolt to Floor Model A seat frame with flip up base for $782.00 discount their 15% sale and the holiday discount brings the price all the way down to $664.00. Well humm... Our every day price for Hamb members for our better built Model A flip up seat frame is $595.00. Their seat slider assembly sells for $138.00 we sell the same thing for $75.00! Heck even for non Hamb members our every day prices are substancially lower than their Holiday special prices. Im just saying this Holiday Season a sale might not be all that its cracked up to be. Look closely before pulling that trigger. Check us out and your savings can go towards something you can see, like your upholstery!

Pictured above... custom 2nd row seat for a Willy’s Wagon

Last edited: Apr 11, 2018
    Joemama likes this.
  25. Metaltwister

Metaltwister
    Member Emeritus

Thanx to all who took advantage of this offer!

Early Thirty Down and Dirty Freezing Cold Offer

MODEL A’s and DUECE SEAT FRAMES
    OFFER ENDS —- FEB. 1, 2018

We have decided to do another production run to kick off the new year. We have done this a few times now, but this time changing what we call to the

"Early Thirty Down and Dirty Freezing Cold Seat Frames Offer”

These seat frames will be only offered on the Hamb O dex and they will be based on the Model A & 32 Ford Bench Seat Frame measurements. It should be noted that they will also fit nicely in a wide variety of vehicle of the early 30's era.

Our standard Model A measurements:
    37.5" across the front of the bottom panel

Also avaliable in 1932 Ford standard sizes... see web site standard seat page for 32 measurements.

These will be a standard size frame with the flip forward adjustable back by way of adjustable stops, Fully welded tube frames with no open exposed tube ends, Fully laced with Zig Zag No Sag springs, Fixed mounting brackets, and Fully painted in gloss black paint. Perfect fit for that open, mild to heavy chopped car or truck. Just add high density foam for a taller seat ride position. These frames will be built in production runs of 10 or more at a time so we can keep the production costs ultra competitive. Delivery time is still 3 to 4 weeks after receipt of order but could be sooner if in stock. (Call to confirm) We think the extreme cost savings will make the short build time worth the wait.

As mentioned this is a HAMB Discount only! If your not a member forget this offer, or it might be a good reason to sign up and become a Hamb member? You must ASK for this discount at the time of purchase... it will not be extended past that point and we are not going to volunteer it to you. This is our way of giving members that read the Hamb O Dex a true discount.

The bottom line is this... These seat frames will be sold for xxx plus shipping and handling... Shop this price and be amazed.
    Then shoot us your mailing zip code for a S&H Quote. Bolt in seat slider adjusters are available with this offer for Xx for the pair. May we strongly suggest that if you are in need of a seat frame now or will be in the near future that you make this a priority. Don't let this offer get away from you! It is the best value on the market today... Feel free to contact us with any questions seat related and let us know your interested in the "Down and Dirty Early Thirty Freezing Cold Seat Offer”.

*** If there is a price listed in the above paragraph this offer is still active. But wont last long so dont procrastinate!
    Now more than ever COMPARE PRICES then glide past the others and let Bengels save your ass!

Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
  26. Metaltwister

Metaltwister
    Member Emeritus

80B2354B-277A-40CB-B9A9-35445160F5E0.jpeg

Just a heads up...

If you are in the need for something unique or special like a second row or rear seat frame keep us in mind. In most cases we can build you a custom shaped seat frame at a lower price than the competition’s cookie cutter seat frames. We strongly encourage you to shop and compare prices and quality. Once you do we are confidant that Bengels will be the last call you will make. Take a minute to notice the differences in how we add metal for seat strength. While it is quick and easy, we refuse to weaken the metal by poking holes in our tubing to suspend springs. We add solid steel truss rod for spring mounting and additional seat frame strengthening. By doing this we eliminate any possibility of spring clicking or squeaking. We will not leave jagged tube ends open and only tack welded, even if it does get covered up! Take a minute to look over the FAQ page on our web site as to why we refuse to sell foam kits... Why we dont powder coat... We dont have nothing to hide. Give us a call and let us explane why our seat frames are superior.

Pictured above: custom built Model “T” Ford Coupe seat and riser.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
    AHotRod likes this.
  27. Metaltwister

Metaltwister
    Member Emeritus

F0B62966-DBD3-40DC-8BEA-1E32AB4B10F7.jpeg 2C450BF1-D767-442E-89B5-B6425412328B.jpeg

1935 / 36 Ford Tudor Front Bucket replacements springs
    in
    Original Frames...

F4CDFC75-4ED6-452D-A68A-786958D65B68.jpeg
    Yep yet again something new from the inovative minds at Bengels Seats. We have received many requests for a way to improve the 35 / 36 Ford bucket seats while when done they look as original as possible. So we blew apart a set to see what we could do. This is what we came up with and as soon as we get some new skin on them we will be posting up the pics of the finished seats. Still trying to figure out the pricng structue and best way to supply them but thought you guy might like a peek at something brand new. Let us know what you think.
    These seats utlized all the original hardware for pivoting as well as the original seat slider adjusters. The rear stand-offs were made to adjust the height per Mr. Customers request.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2019
  28. Metaltwister

Metaltwister
    Member Emeritus

image.jpeg

Early Thirty Down and Dirty Blazing Hot Summer Offer

MODEL A’s and DUECE SEAT FRAMES
    OFFER Starts July 15, 2018
    We have decided to do another production run As its been six months since we last made this offer. We have done this a few times now, but this time changing what we call it to the

"Early Thirty Down and Dirty Blazing Hot Summer Offer”

These seat frames will be only offered on the Hamb O dex and they will be based on the Model A & 32 Ford Bench Seat Frame measurements. They are our Retro Style flip back bench seats only. It should be noted that they will also fit nicely in a wide variety of vehicle of the early 30's era.​

Our standard Model A measurements:
    37.5" across the front of the bottom panel

Also avaliable in 1932 Ford standard sizes... see web site standard seat page for our 32 measurements.

Our Retro Style standard size frame with the flip forward adjustable back by way of adjustable stops, Fully welded tube frames with no open exposed tube ends, Fully laced with Zig Zag No Sag springs, Fixed mounting brackets, and Fully painted in gloss black paint. Perfect fit for that open, mild to heavy chopped car or truck. Just add high density foam for a taller seat ride position. These frames will be built in production runs of 10 or more at a time so we can keep the production costs ultra competitive. Delivery time is still 3.5 to 4.5 weeks after receipt of order but could be sooner if in stock. (Call to confirm) We think the extreme cost savings will make the slightly longer build time worth the wait.

As mentioned this is a HAMB Discount only! If your not a member forget this offer, or it might be a good reason to sign up and become a Hamb member? You must ASK for this discount at the time of purchase... it will not be extended past the time of the of purchase and we are not going to volunteer it to you. This is our way of giving members that read the Hamb O Dex a true discount.

The bottom line is this... These seat frames will be sold for $495.00 plus shipping and handling... Shop this price and be amazed.
    Then shoot us your mailing zip code for a S&H Quote. Bolt on seat slider adjusters are available with this offer for an additional $75.00 for the pair and includes the cable interconnects and crimps. A flip up base for under the seat access is also being offered at an additional $50.00.
    May we strongly suggest that if you are in need of a seat frame now or will be in the next six months that you make this a priority. Don't let this offer get away from you! It is the best value on the market today... Feel free to contact us with any of your seat related questions and let us know your interested in the "Down and Dirty Early Thirty Blazing Hot Summer Offer”.

*** If there is a price listed in the above paragraph this offer is still active. But wont last long so dont procrastinate!
    Now more than ever COMPARE PRICES then glide past the others and let Bengels save your ass!

Last edited: Jul 21, 2018
  29. dmdeaton

dmdeaton

Bob,
    Just got a chance to mock the frames up in my 4 door 30 Model A. They look great, can't wait to get some leather on these.
    Thanks
    20180708_192951.jpg 20180708_192956.jpg

30. Metaltwister

Metaltwister
    Member Emeritus

It’s Smokin Hot Rollpan Season Once Again at Bengels
    We have been receiving an unusually high number of calls in reguards to when our next run of rollpans would be? As many of you know we only build these a few times a year and only when we can squeeze them into our work schedule. For all those who are already on the build list we will be confirming this to you in email form as well. For all you late comers we build only for orders placed. No extras sitting on the shelves! Our goal is to provide a unique, high quality, yet classic rollpan to finish off your ride. We designed this to look as if it should of been on the original Model A Ford. We like to point out that Henry was a cheap ole cuss and totally forgot to add it at the time to his prized Model A’s. If he had of we are certian he would of even been more successful in the number of cars sold! Ours are the only “A” rollpans the market with mirror bead lines and fully radiused corners, or any bead lines for that matter. Our reviews have been outstanding and reaching far outside of the states.

We will be taking orders on these for about 3 weeks. With the first orders leaving by the 10th of August. If you've been thinking rollpan at all now just might be the time to pull the trigger on one. I will link the prior post on the info. Here.

So this is what Bengels is offering the Hamb Members... And only the Hamb members!

Our 18 gage sheet metal roll pans are available in a Hot Rod Smooth finish, or with the body lines added for a more traditional look.

For fendered cars the wheel radius on the body is extended from the top to bottom of Roll pan end allowing the fender to match up nicely to the roll pan.

For fender-less cars an extended skirt finishes off the side view of the roll pan. Pan skirts extend from the front of the roll pan to just aft of the axle, and can be easily trimmed shorter if needed. The skirts are sold as a pair and are an option. Roll pan skirts need to be tack welded into place by the end user as all cars of this vintage are slightly different in fit.

We have close to a hundred of these roll pans now and we think we have them down pretty well. As always each pan is hand built to your order. We open up deposits for pre orders about 4 times a year depending on how busy we stay with the seats, this determines how and if we can bump up our roll pan production. Maybe, just maybe not flooding the market and keeping them unique and special is a good thing?

All pans have 3 each 1/4-20 nutserts installed on the top edge of the roll pan and a pre punched hole on each end for a mounting bolt. Matching holes will need to be drilled on the underside lip of your pan mounting surface. Mounting hardware is included. Or weld it on as many do for a permanent option.

Hamb-O-Dex Pricing is...
    Smooth pans run $___.00 plus Shipping and handling
    Bead lined pans run $___.00
    Side skirts run $___.00 for the set for fenderless rides.
    Plus Shipping and Handeling

Right now delivery for pre orders is two weeks and orders after today is about 4 weeks after receipt of order, but be sure to double check with us prior to ordering as these are only built as time allows. If interested contact me with your zip code and I can get shipping costs sent to you.
    Bob @ 619-461-3502. [email protected]

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019