Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects The Southern Employment Special, Insanity101

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by porknbeaner, Dec 15, 2015.

1. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

Cool,Keep banging along. I still love sedans. This is my 74 year old butt when much much younger back in early 1960s,Steve an I had just completed putting Ford V8 y-block in his "A" sedan "Scarlet Fever" Image-20.JPG

2. loudbang

loudbang

now we know why women are always chasing you................ you were a babe magnet in your "younger years" :rolleyes:

3. Cool, finally a build thread on this ol Ford.
    I'll do the watching, and let you do the humour.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  4. I know you are talking to @dana barlow I have always been as homely as a mud fence myself.

I gots me a trophy wife though. :D

5. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

I just want to say....YAY!!!!

6. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

When I bought my roadster it had a stack injection blow through. No stacks though. Just a pressure box bolted to the top of the throttle bodies. And hair dryers doing the blowing. But kind of the same thing.

7. Looks great Ben! Let me know if you need anything!

Mike

8. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

The first 40 years are free, the second 40 years you pay for it. Unfortunatey too true but perhaps wiser. No?:D

Model T1 and loudbang like this.
  9. I thought it would work, I wonder if you want the nozzles above or below the butterflies. It would be nice if you could find one of those old Pete Jackson setups with the butterflies way above the ports so they were not effected by engine heat as much. Less tinkering to run one that way.

scoob, still with us. man I am glad you jumped in here. Long time no speak man. :)

Mike I have most of the big pieces but I'll let you know if I get lost on a part. You could come by and play if you want, there is always room for one more. ;)

I was born in '54 almost one year to the day before Saulk's vaccine. There is not a step in all those years that I haven't paid for, but most of them were well worth the price of admission. I learned one thing a few years back that maybe counts as wisdom or maybe its just an excuse. its not a race and even if it was finishing is winning.

I suppose excuse or wisdom is in the eye of the beholder. I personally like my version. ;)

Tony, Model T1 and loudbang like this.
  10. luckythirteenagogo

luckythirteenagogo
    from Selma, NC

I hate to admit that I'd never heard of a potvin blower, but I just looked it up and MAN! That would be cool, and you've got the engine sitting back far enough already. Just saying......

porknbeaner and volvobrynk like this.
  11. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

Beaner I like where you are headed a potvin would be kool but I'm not sure the motor is quite far enough back lol maybe with a 4-71 but not a 6-71 I will say that with a potvin setup it will have a bit of a lag on the bottom end vs just a top mounted setup but there are many ways around that I have a few tricks up my sleeve for sure on that one lol keep up the good work man

porknbeaner, loudbang and volvobrynk like this.
  12. That is why we were considering blow through, that cuts drag considerably. Once you got your box pressurized you should be golden. You are correct there is not room for a 671, I think you could get a 471 in there though and in theory you could do an intercooler to fight the heat that the smaller blower makes. Not totally trad but you could tell everyone that it is a transmission cooler. :D

At this point it is just bench racing, the old heap is just for driving around in anyway, its my bad weather vehicle. LOL. Perhaps skimming the front runners for 60 ft or so at MOKAN once a year.

Nothing is going to happen if I don't knuckle down and get working I suppose.

LOU WELLS and loudbang like this.
  13. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

I say you crank mount a great big pro charger! ~ centrifugal super charger for those of you not familiar with them

Big boost, same potivin style front mount and routing, but should be able to fit better in your space

loudbang likes this.
  14. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Front and back assembly photos image.jpeg image.jpeg small block with a throttle body and no ducting, I see these with blow threw carbs pretty regularly though image.jpeg

Fuck it lets put a big one in front of an injected hemi :) image.jpeg

15. 4 Paxton turbos converted to gear drive. If one will feed a Corvair 4 ought to feed an SBC just fine. :D

[​IMG]

16. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Sounds warm lol Bugatti style

17. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

Hey beaner what CID are you planning on running in this thing I have a couple really Bitchin ideas that would work real good but it would depend on how big you are planning on going

18. Right now I am going with 355, I may eventually go smaller like the 301 range but for now it is going to be about 355. I am using the engine that we have in the roadster. If I huff it in any fashion it will need the compression lowered considerably, the 11.5:1 won't lend itself very well to pump gas with any boost at all.

Actually the thought of a pair of hair driers has crossed my mind, but I would really want to score a pair off of a vair and run them draw through, I would have to deal with the lag that way but it wouldn't be the end of the world.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2015
  19. Very cool I also didn't know what you guys were talking about. Looked it up here on the hamb and wow. I just can't believe all the shows I've been to to never seen one. That is something you don't walk past without stopping.

20. Probably better post a Potvin setup for those who are confused by out bench racing. LOL :D

here's one on a motor

[​IMG]

and here is on in a deuce sedan

[​IMG]

21. stubbsrodandcustom

stubbsrodandcustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Spring tx

Beaner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where is some updated pics... We know your doing SOMETHING...
    Let me re phrase this... SOMETHING TO THE CAR.... NOT ON IT...

22. I should have metal right after the first of the year then I am going to pull the body and get busy.

I have been farting around more than anything else lately. :oops:

23. stubbsrodandcustom

stubbsrodandcustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Spring tx

Good deal man... Look forward to seeing some work pics.

24. stubbsrodandcustom

stubbsrodandcustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Spring tx

The fella sitting down looking at that bottle...Has that look like someone gave him light beer...

25. mcmopar

mcmopar
    from Strum, wi

Its after the first of the year, quit dreaming about how you are going to make the HAMB tag topper faster, and get on that car.

26. Just saw this. Looks fun Beaner.

27. pumpman

pumpman

OK Beaner, 8 days into the new year, tick tock, tick tock.

28. OK fellas I should be taking the sawzall to the tank this weekend, so with a little luck next week I should have a pic or two. A major cutting and a minor filling? Well we'll see how it goes.

Going to have to hustle incase I can find a ride to the coast for this stuff this month. ;)

Oh @mcmopar all that blower stuff is just someday pie in the sky stuff. There is room theway that it is set and if I am rich enough someday . . . pretty sure that the tag topper will be fast enough as it is. Well not with the empty block but you know. :D

Model T1 likes this.
  29. Model T1

Model T1

Just read and reread this build. Don't unnerstand most of it. I'm here for the educational and humor value of it all.
    Wouldn't it been better to just start with a GM V-6 rather than hide part of it under the cowl and dash?

kidcampbell71 and leadfootloon like this.
  30. It would be easier to put a V-6 in it. Not Beaner thats how you make a sleeper. Hide 2 cylinders it's brilliant really.:D:p:D

Model T1 likes this.