Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage The YAY-HOO Cup has a new custodian and RollCall

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by porknbeaner, Jul 15, 2016.

1. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

@SamIyam I'm super happy you are making the trek to MoKan! I'm curious - what class are you registered in? Because I sure don't want to run against you - ha! (I'm in 'Gas Roadster')

2. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

shit Raven I'm tempted to run if you are, your dang car can't even keep all four tires on the ground how fast could you really be going.

3. @Malcolm I'll be in the street roadster class... whatever that may be. Gas? Sure! I'll be unloading it in Stroud Ok and driving it in.
    Epic I tell ya... this is going to be epic.
    Sam

volvobrynk, Drewfus, zman and 3 others like this.
  4. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

5. Blakmerk

Blakmerk
    from St.Joe MO

volvobrynk and Tim like this.
  6. Well there are really only two colors for a hotrod, black or ugly.

You fellas are aware that if someone is driving a roof car and wants to hook up with a topless car it can be arranged, right? I wouldn't want to stir anything mind you.

volvobrynk likes this.
  7. daschaefer

daschaefer

image.jpeg Looks like my old blower needs a total overhaul.... I'm thinking about just cruising up as a spectator.....
    My mechanics have assured me that I can kick any pontiacs ass but I guess there's just not enough smack talking to inspire me to get off my butt and put another motor tegether,,,,hahaha
    What chu got????

volvobrynk and saltflats like this.
  8. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You have three weeks. You could build five of those in that amount of time. Get on it.

-Abone.

9. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

I'm in, I don't have a snowballs chance but what the hell I'm in anyway. I'm bringing my '40 coupe. I will go ahead and enter my Cometkazi truck too just in case I can get it put back together in time but as it sits now I need to go through the Muncie and do a valve job and new valve springs in the motor. But just in case I get super motivated and get it done I will have a friend drive it the 400 miles to Joplin and I'll run it too.

image.jpg

volvobrynk likes this.
  10. Phttttttt :p transmission and heads is nothing, its not like it needs the tires rotated or anything difficult like that. :D

See you in Joplin.;)

Russco likes this.
  11. flatout51

flatout51

I wish I could make it I would show you fellers what a flathead can really do! (grenade a trans) 1469722528106.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900P using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

12. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Shit David let Ben drive it down I'm sure he'd be happy to try and blow it up for you in front of everyone

13. Well I generally don't drive, leave it to the glory hounds. :D:D

I'd still drive it down and make a pass. Or at least drive it down. I'm afraid that I won't be running for the cup until it changes hands again.

14. sunbeam

sunbeam

I live 4 miles from Rago PM me

15. flatout51

flatout51

Haha!! With the vibration I have at 60 mph I'm not sure it would make before being ripped apart!!

16. So what you're saying is its not making "Good Vibrations" :D

flatout51 likes this.
  17. flatout51

flatout51

Turns out a low rear tire on a car with a torque tube and unboxed frame can make the cowl and steering wheel shake like a horrible front end problem.... whoda thunk?! All fingered out now!

Tim likes this.
  18. I'm in but don't stand a prayer. Not even bringing slicks.

Drewfus likes this.
  19. atch

atch

watcha bringin???

20. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh boy.This sounds like more fun than a barrel of drunk monkeys.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

21. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Can't do it this year but I think a road trip is due next year.

22. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

Of course it does once you have a car with a blower you won't want one without ever again trust me I have one on every car I own lol And by the way that little pickup is badass and better yet it has 3 pedals and a Bitchin 4speed

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

23. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

Well crap guess I need to scrape up some coin and get the willys entered and throw my hat in the ring I had decided to not run both the digger and the Willys but now I'm not sure I think it would be good times to run it against you clowns I probly won't win but at least I could put on a good show with some second gear wheelstands I will be late to the hotel on Friday cause I will have to drive to Springfield and back so I can get in my 150 miles after work on Friday sounds kinda dumb but outrunning all you would be well worth the trip

24. atch

atch

Randy,

Just skip work Friday and go to the swap meet. I'll be in Clarence at the swap and could haul stuff for you if you buy anything. And I imagine that there will be a couple of dozen hambers at the swap that could haul whatever won't fit into Clarence.

25. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

Haha sounds like a good plan there atch but I really don't have any vacation time and don't have any money to spend lol when you have a dragster and a Willys gasser both with supercharged engines you don't have any extra cash just laying around guess I better go dig through the couch or stand on the corner with a sign panhandling so I can afford this venture lmao if I were a smart guy I would forget the Willys drive the long 3 mile journey to mokan and save myself lots of work and money but we all know how this story will end lol

26. LOL I'll be in late too. I got to wait for the missus to get home from work. :(

@Kerry flamed A bone has never run slicks and won twice. ;)I think that is the glory of the cup, anyone who drives has a chance.

27. daschaefer

daschaefer

Looks like this year will be a record breaking year for the fastest ET ...... I can't wait to see someone raise the bar...
    But for now still debating on building my old blower motor back from last years Yay-Hoo...I would be done already but I'm having trouble finding enough JB Weld.... image.jpeg

34toddster likes this.
  28. Maybe we should try and not grenade one until the money run. :D

By the way that is a real mess, I can usually one up about anyone, but I can't even make anything up to top that one. ;)

29. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC