Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Usernames

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Mine is simple (my company name) It is the same on all the forums I am on. I don't believe in hiding behind a bunch of alias's & since I don't do anything wrong, I don't have to!

2. Flatblack 31

Flatblack 31

Mine is kinda self explanatory
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1469832354.242306.jpg

3. J. A. Miller

J. A. Miller
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Central NY

It is what I is. I guess I wasn't feeling very creative that day.

4. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

My brother always called me joeycarpunk cause I was always working on cars and have a project or two in the works. Real name is Joel but family or relatives call me Joe or Joey.

HOTRODPRIMER and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  5. Flyinhillbilly

Flyinhillbilly

In 2005 I built my first diy turbo car. It looked bad with PVC charge piping, 18 wheeler turbo, Edelbrock carb, just didn't look like it should work. I took it to the track and the guys were all elbowing each other. I heard someone saying " look at that stupid hillbilly, that ain't going to work" then I got it working, it ran awful good and someone made the statement " you know, that stupid hillbilly is flying" and it stuck. They still call me flyinhillbilly on the PA no matter what I put on my tech card.

Attached Files:

6. papajohn

papajohn

When all of our friends started having kids, one of them told their kids to call me PapaJohn, and it stuck.

7. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

Mine is a long story I wont go in to, And no I wasn't a dungeons and dragons nerd.

8. RHRH3P

RHRH3P
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

RHRH3P = Real Hot Rods Have 3 Pedals

9. lonejacklarry

lonejacklarry
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My name is Larry and I live near Lone Jack, MO. Nothing too cosmic about it. What? You never heard of Lone Jack, MO?

10. No real cool story behind my username ... it's the personalized plate we run on our chopped & channeled, Chrysler HEMI powered, 1932 Ford 5-window Coupe

Yeah, yeah, I know ... personalized license plates are considered a bit cliché these days ... but I'll probably continue to run them on our coupe in honor of my late father ... and his best friend, the late Gary Meadors.

In the '70s, personalized licensed plates were all the rage with Street Rodders in California ... Gary ran "BEER T" plates on his T-bucket roadster ... and Dad ran "HEMI 32" on our Deuce coupe:

BEER T & HEMI 32 - NCEI car show @ Fremont Hub shopping center.jpg

When Gary bought a full-fendered, chopped Deuce Tudor sedan, he ran "CHOP 32" plates.

Throughout the '70s & early '80s, "HEMI 32" & "CHOP 32" traveled together to dozens of automotive events (rod runs, car shows, swap meets, drag races, etc., etc.) across the United States (mostly on the left coast, but as far east as Tennessee):

CHOP 32 & HEMI 32 (1980).JPG

On a side note: In 1983, the hiboy version of Gary's sedan became the Goodguy's Rod & Custom Association logo car ... and in the late '80s, Gary was able to purchase (from a private party) the "GOOD GUY" plates that the sedan still runs today.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2016
  11. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

Over 20 years ago a friend was dating a woman with 2 young boys and on a trip the youngest spotted a tractor junkyard and said that looks like a place I would live at so thats where I got the name.

12. 65pacecar

65pacecar
    from KY, AZ

1965 Plymouth Sport Fury Indy Pace Car. Ive owned since I was 16

Last edited: Jul 30, 2016
  13. ladyhrp

ladyhrp

I am a adult female & married to HOTRODPRIMER .

14. frdsuperduty

frdsuperduty
    from Lewes De

I sold ford trucks for quite a while.Ford Super Duty.

15. NHRANUT

NHRANUT
    from Western PA

Mine goes back to about 1999 when my daughter decided I needed a Hotmail address. She set the account up for me and decided I should be the NHRA Nut. Been using it as my login on bulletin boards and in groups ever since.

16. wsdad

wsdad

I'm Whitney and Sheila's dad. They are and will always be my biggest, most important accomplishments.

The avatar is an idea I had for a pin stripe down the side of an F.E.D. I'm planning. The words, "sling shot" in the shape of a sling shot at the front of the car -very small - about an inch high. A long red pin stripe down the side of the car to represent a rubber band. And, at the rear, a flailing silhouette of a man being slung.

17. Referred to a song name by the trash metal band "Sepultura" from Brazil!

Enviado desde mi XT1068 mediante Tapatalk

HOTRODPRIMER and pat59 like this.
  18. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

My nickname is Eli and I live on the island of Oahu in Hawaii. Because of the color on the bed of my avatar I was going to call myself hotrodprimer but it was already taken...okay, maybe not. :D

czuch and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  19. five-oh

five-oh
    from Arkansas
    1. HAMB Old Farts' Club

Was a police officer from 2001 until this year, when I transitioned into parole/probation, which is still law enforcement, just a different side of it.. I've used that username on numerous forums- I don't tend to change it because if I do, I'll forget what name goes to what forum.:)

20. slickhale

slickhale
    from Phoenix

Nickname + last name

My grandpa started calling me Slick when I was 12 or 13. Not because I'm smooth in any way, like slick with grease. I always manage to get twice as dirty as anyone else when I do anything. I was fixing a broken rocker arm on a 302 in my grandma's lincoln and was covered in grease, he said "damn you're slick". He literally never used my first name again for the next twenty years until he died.

Sent from my SM-G900V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

21. GasserTodd

GasserTodd

I got called Hot Rod Todd at my (then) hot rod club and it stuck. I use it on pretty much all forums to save remembering names. But I got here and HRT was already taken, so wanted something that reflected my nostalgia drag racing aspirations so "Gasser Todd" it was.

Dumb thing was that I have no real interest in gassers. Should have chosen AA/FA Todd, as AA/FA is the personalised plate that was on my blown BBC bucket.

And yes, like a wannabe fuel altered pilot, I snotted the bucket into the wall at the drag strip. Maybe I should be "Wallbanger Todd" At Meremere.jpg Impact 3.jpg

22. wutnxt

wutnxt

I was a Harley rider for quite a few years. I would get a new bike and immediately start putting doodads on it 'til the point of saturation. Eventually I got a personalized plate that read "WUTNXT"........meaning what am I going to add to the bike next. I had that plate on about 6 different motorcycles and now that I have hung up my handlebars, the plate hangs on my shop wall. 20160729_211923.jpeg

23. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

24. wutnxt

wutnxt

Hi Doug. Got that Deuce on the road yet? Do you know about the Lindsey Bros. "pileup"?

Ol Deuce and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  25. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Never been to it, but I've seen Marty Strode's coverage of it, looks like fun.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  26. ................You may be an "adult", Brenda, but being married to Danny for all of these years, I know you're still a "kid" at heart.:D;)

27. Legendlives

Legendlives

My nickname in the UK was 'Legend', but when I emigrated to NZ I'm sure a lot of people thought I'd died, hence 'legendlives'

28. Scott Mannion

Scott Mannion
    from Scotland

That's a really nice looking Ice Cream van, by the way. What happened to it? I assume you were outside the old Kelvin Hall transport museum. I see there's a Bedford HA Ice cream van there now (outside the new Riverside museum). Not quite as 'cool' as the old Austin!

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  29. Scott Mannion

Scott Mannion
    from Scotland

What is your clan? I'm just asking in case we shouldn't be speaking to each other;)

czuch, HOTRODPRIMER, Bugguts and 2 others like this.
  30. "That'll do it!"

HOTRODPRIMER and GasserTodd like this.