Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Winter is here!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dwollam, Dec 8, 2016.

1. willumbilt

willumbilt

2. dwollam

dwollam

It is still snowing here. Better than 8-9 inches so far. Here is Madras Oregon, BTW. If you have ever driven north or south on Hwy 97 through Madras you know were I live. I am right on the hwy. I'll post another snow pic tomorrow. It is nasty enough the chickens will not come out of their house but the ducks are outside sitting in the snow and don't care. They can go in if they want, they usually do at night.

Dave

Last edited: Dec 9, 2016
  3. PoRodder

PoRodder
    from St. Louis

I can think of a couple dozen people who would get a kick out of receiving a Christmas card like that.

Hotdoggin DaddyO likes this.
  4. trollst

trollst

Yes, it is here, this week it went from warm, wet, to friggin cold, it'll be -20 celcius tonite, a little snow, but man that cold front moved in fast. More wood in the shop stove, time to get building.

5. willumbilt

willumbilt

6. Ron Brown

Ron Brown
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Boy, no kidding...winter IS here. Had to use my winshield wipers today....sucked!

7. dwollam

dwollam

8. AULIZ

AULIZ

we have had 4 times 2-10cm snow few days.
    My coupe "enjoyed" fresh winter weather one week while I rebuilt my 1940 panel delivery 6V heater and make some another tune up.

Now Panel Delivery is outside and coupe in warm garage.

I use panel delivery all winter. That is my only daily car (M+S tires) from 1st of Dec to 31th of March, when we have here wintertire time.

Attached Files:

biggeorge, Speedys Garage and oldsjoe like this.
  9. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

Ha have you all beat! Been in the minus 20's with the wind chill all week here! Some snow on the ground not much but supposed to get more this weekend. The worst thing though... dark by 3:30! That's what blows! Good thing the shop heater works well!

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

kbgreen, Bruce Fischer and oldsjoe like this.
  10. 56shoebox

56shoebox

You can't bring an outside dog in.

11. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Cold and windy yesterday. Supposed to snow this weekend. Can't wait!!

oldsjoe likes this.
  12. Gary, just sitting out the range of the camara on the table next to my recliner.LOL.Bruce.

oldsjoe likes this.
  13. 20 deegrees in SW VA this morn, with flakes in the air if you look REAL close,,,

14. I hate winter, I hate snow, I hate cold, ok I feel better now.

15. jnaki

jnaki

Hey Mikey,
    Our neighbors bought a 12 acre property with a house in PA. back in April. They moved there to be closer to their East Coast families. Culture shock and weather shock is going to be hard for them. His daily attire was shorts, sandals and tennis outfits. But now, it is jackets and boots. What a change...So Cal is in the 60's, looks threatening, but the only snow is 2 hours away in the local mountains from the last arctic storm a few weeks ago.
    Jnaki

16. I hate winter, snow and cold ass temps. But it is time to stoke up the old wood burner in the shop and do some work on my hot rods. I now understand why you guys in Cal. have all these projects in your garages that seem to set forever.....You need some SNOW

tb33anda3rd, oldsjoe and mad mikey like this.
  17. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

A couple VERY COOL Christmas cards on this thread! can we send them along? Joe

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. dwollam

dwollam

As far a my pic he turned into a Christmas card, help yourself! I would be honored!
    Dave

19. dwollam

dwollam

As promised, here are some more from today with a little more daylight. 20161209_110246.jpg 20161209_110348.jpg 20161209_110429.jpg

Finally quit snowing today. Now it is freezing rain.

20. AULIZ

AULIZ

Thanks.
    Of course can use my pic, if You want.

I start to make over week ago Christmas card and now Saturday my Oskar -son (5y) need to write his own name in it, when he is has waked up.

Attached Files:

oldsjoe likes this.
  21. Jet96

Jet96
    from WY

IMG_3160.JPG Might hafta put the roadster away...

22. metalinker

metalinker

image.jpg MERRY CHRISTMAS

edcodesign, biggeorge, Jet96 and 9 others like this.
  23. dwollam

dwollam

Nice lineup of trucks!

24. southcross2631

southcross2631

It's really cold here ! Its 43 and only going to get to 70 by this afternoon. I pressure washed the outside of my shop yesterday. Got tired of the green patina.
    There is a nice piece of property for sale next door to me and your neighbor would not complain if you
    had a shop and a car or two setting outside if you are sick of the cold like I was.
    Transplanted Yooper from northern Mi. Summer used to be one month of bad ice fishing.
    Now the only ice I see is in the bottom of a Glass.

oldsjoe and Speedwrench like this.
  25. MidwestOldie

MidwestOldie

December is a bit early for this arctic crap. First significant snow tonite. Looking at the map for that spot that claims to have global warming.

26. 102_7169.JPG

Here is a picture from my window 10 minutes ago. It started snowing 2 days ago, been going non-stop.That is my heated work shop, just have 50 feet to get there, to work on my projects

27. Speedwrench

Speedwrench

All this time I thought summer in the UP was three days of bad snowmobiling.

Lived in Pensacola for a while and you could tell the natives. When the temperature got down to fifty they broke out the down filled coats.

28. -30 C here feels like -38 C with the wind, only good thing is it's to cold to snow much! Went out to the barn earlier and almost chipped a nipple so staying holed up in the house for now!

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

29. joburnsjo

joburnsjo

IMG_0445.jpg Same here in western NY I have to move my 57 out of the shop in to the snow to work on my buddy's 32 chevy [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 11, 2016
    biggeorge, clem, rp087756 and 3 others like this.