Register now to get rid of these ads!

Its a Jimmy!

Discussion in 'HA/GR' started by GMC BUBBA, Nov 6, 2006.

1. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

Got to love this forum ! It has given me the push i need to get off my butt and make the HA/GR car start going together.
    Thought i would throw a couple pics out to begin with.

I have had this extra gmc 302 bored .125 on the stand going together for some time now.
    My model A has one in it and once you own one ya got to have two or more i guess.
    May get it in the frame this month yet. More pics to come.:)

Attached Files:

2. Lookin good dude. Should be a fun ride down the 1/4.

3. Wow.....that is a SWEET looking engine, even though I'm a ford nut, that's one hot looking unit......great to see it destined for a HA/GR......

Cheers,

Drewfus:D

4. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

Just so folks dont think i am partial, heres my Ford project from last year:

www.gasolinealleyshops.org

5. chuckspeed

chuckspeed

There's a cover of Hot Rod from '52 with that EXACT motor on it. Was mean as hell then - it's mean as hell now. Once you wind that sucker out, you're sure to trap over 110!

Nice work!

6. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

yes indeedy... thats a FINE lookin mill

7. 2b-banjo

2b-banjo

What is the engine about? What cam, pistons, etc.? Where can you get gaskets, etc. How do you full flow these puppy's?
    Any info would be appreciated.

8. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

The GMC engines came into the scene as a heavy duty truck engine in the early 50s. 53-56 it was available as a 302 cubic inch engine with a 4 inch bore and 4 inch stroke. This engine developed tons of torque at a relitively low rpm . If you were a die hard GM guy and wanted to compete with the flatheads then the "jimmy" was the engine of choice.
    Today there are still quite a few floating around from time to time and they are a great replacement for the early sixs in the 40s gm products.l
    I happen to have three of them, one in my 29 Model A , one is built for my HA/GR car we are presently building, and a third unit with roller cam shaft and two afb four barrells ( out of a pulling tractor).
    There are two books you need to get and read.
    One is California Bills Chevrolet,GMC and Buick (straight eight) Speed manual and the other is "How to hop up Chevrolet and GMC engines by Roger Huntington.
    Also mostly all aprts can be purchased thru Patricks Truck Parts

at : www.patricksantiquecars.com

Also read the posts on the www.inliners.org web site as well.

Attached Files:

9. THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER

THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER
    from FRENCHTOWN

What happened to these engines? Did any get into a HAGR after Bubba's passing?