Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods How about some love for the T-Bucket?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, May 9, 2021.

1. 40ragtopdown

40ragtopdown

2. Blake 27

Blake 27

3. 40ragtopdown

40ragtopdown

4. Jay McDonald

Jay McDonald

that is a super cool little T roadster, the full hood really adds to the look. anyone know more about it? And yes, I realize there is a chick in the picture and dont need to hear a bunch of the usual dumb comments.

bschwoeble and deadbeat like this.
  5. nrgwizard

nrgwizard
    from Minn. uSA

Andy Brizio's VolksRod for his wife, iirc. ACVW engine/trans. Tube frame. Featherweight car, = fun & quick. The "look" comes from a stock(ish) height w/s, short stock(ish) length hood, & a little bit longer than normal bed.
    The VolksRod was popularized by Tom Medley of R&C, as one of R&C's magazine projects(his personal hotrod), did a long(ish) build/write-up on it. Kent Fuller's was probably the 1st one, also *very* nice, still gets used, last I heard. There were ~ 6 very well known captains-of-industry that ran these things. One of the big drawbacks back then, ~'67->late70's, was that the technology for the acvw to get big everyday power wasn't widely available, much less cheap. Better today, but I still wouldn't call it cheap or inexpensive. All relative, I suppose.
    IIRC, Andy's wife & one daughter(sadly at the moment I can't remember their names) posed w/this car, along w/his other InstantT's regularly. Always in good taste. I never got to meet any of the 3, but was always told/heard they all were gracious.
    One of the nicer proportioned VolksRods. BTW, the term volksrod as used today, has been co-opted to mean any hacked acvw, ;( .
    One of my favorites.
    Marcus...

69thumper, brad2v, bschwoeble and 6 others like this.
  6. KevKo

KevKo
    from Motown

I believe Andy’s wife is Sue, don’t know about the daughter.

7. Jay McDonald

Jay McDonald

than
    thanks much for the info!

8. deadbeat

deadbeat

9. RodStRace

RodStRace

10. RodStRace

RodStRace

11. Deuces

Deuces

12. denis4x4

denis4x4
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Colorado

Dragmaster also built a Volks T frame and kit. Speedy Bill bought the plans and some parts from either Fuller or Brazio think that those might be the next big thing. Didn’t happen! I had a one off body from Kellison that was a copy of a R&C rendering by Harry Bradley combining a Manx and ‘23 T roadster pickup. Power was a Bill Thomas Convair. A street legal wheelstander!

40ragtopdown likes this.
  13. nrgwizard

nrgwizard
    from Minn. uSA

Yes, Dragmaster (Dode Martin) did offer VRod chassis kits &/or associated parts & a set of detailed/dimensioned plans. Toms' VRod design, chassis, n parts, was the Dragmaster proto-type. Often mentioned in the articles. Brizio used Dragmasters' frame, iirc. It was Kents' chassis jig & patterns that Speedway bought, which they tried to market as the V23. Epic fail(typical) on Speedway's part. On another forum, a member claimed to have acquired that tooling/jigs/patterns material from Speedway for little or nothing, but disappeared quickly after posting, & didn't make any new components up. Scam or not, idk. Over the years, there were a number of homebuilt VRods that got a small or partial feature in magazines.
    Marcus...

14. RodStRace

RodStRace

Last edited: Apr 21, 2024
  15. "someone" appears to be Wild West Rods and Customs".

16. RodStRace

RodStRace

Yeah, I grabbed the picture and flipped it so that could be read.
    I assume that they are the sellers on the first 2 ads, since the pics look like the same place.
    I went to their website and it doesn't show bodies as a product, so didn't include it.
    The third may not be them but I included it as another project from the area.
    Having both bed and turtle deck, plus the door covered with a sheet of metal hints at the same mold, but the location looks different and the Cal Automotive reference is not in the other ads.

17. 40ragtopdown

40ragtopdown

18. 40ragtopdown

40ragtopdown

19. 40ragtopdown

40ragtopdown

20. 40ragtopdown

40ragtopdown

21. 40ragtopdown

40ragtopdown

22. Nothing looks worse on a T Bucket than an out of proportion radiator shells, i see al lot of it in NZ. JW

23. 40ragtopdown

40ragtopdown

24. 40ragtopdown

40ragtopdown

25. 40ragtopdown

40ragtopdown

26. redo32

redo32

27. flatheadgary

flatheadgary
    from boron,ca

here's a ? for you all. why don't people put doors in glass t bodies? when i built mine i was in my late 20's and 30's so i was limber enough to jump on the tire and get in. not so much now when i am in my mid 70's. maybe just a lack of knowledge or talent. we all know you can build them low enough to get a leg up and over to get in but some are not that low.

Jim Bouchard and deadbeat like this.