Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration The Photoshop thread to end all Photoshop Threads!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pair O' Dice, Oct 10, 2008.

1. LarsL

LarsL
    from Norway

Looks good. Maybe it needs fender skirts.

2. Stan Back

Stan Back
    from California

To me, it just needs to unload the trunk.

51504bat likes this.
  3. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

Here are two front end mods: bar grille echoing to top bar and a 59 Buick grille.
    59 Merc Front 07.jpg 59 Merc Front 06.jpg

4. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

And a treatment for the tail: frenched the upper lights. I replaced the bottoms with '59 Bonneville lights on a mesh background with a chrome bar to tie them them together.
    1959 Merc Tail 03.jpg

5. LarsL

LarsL
    from Norway

I cant decide if i like the roof line. The Long roof/Short trunk.

6. LarsL

LarsL
    from Norway

It come across as a stretched fairlane/galaxie.
    Are there different models? This one dont look like that, but probably the photo angle:

Attached Files:

jimmy six, Peanut 1959 and Squablow like this.
  7. Not going to be easy to do much about that. I figured you wouldn't want to get involved with a chop or anything.

Is the different looking car maybe a Canadian Mercury?

8. LarsL

LarsL
    from Norway

Could just be the Angle.
    But keep the photoshop ideas comming. Would like to see black with gold or red flake roof and scallops. Think mexican blackbird gibbons treatment.

9. Oh Watson style? You should've said.

10. LarsL

LarsL
    from Norway

Im just thinkin all posibilities. And Im a sucker for Larry W style. If this Works here i dont know.

11. Here it is with a custom paint scheme with a metal flake top and wide whites with wire wheels.. Could be a real eye catcher.

Custom.jpg

12. Unclebrad

Unclebrad

Just to play with the top, here's it is with a 59 Monterey top on it, with a continental kit just to balance that short rear.

1959-mercury-monterey1b.jpg

13. jnaki

jnaki

upload_2024-4-22_2-56-52.png
    Hello,

Many years ago, I drew this Mercury Turnpike race car. It was based on a Mercury race car for Daytona Beach timed races.
    upload_2024-4-22_2-57-27.png
    Then, over the years, we had seen plenty of Mercury customs. It must have been that cool roll down window in the back of the roofline, that kept the memory going. Speaking of the roofline, the front top area was lowered to make a smoother entry style, instead of the large window “up in the air” look of the original roofline.

Jnaki

The old Mercury Sedan was not the most popular with our local teenage group. It was just that the roll down window was a great idea for our surfboards to have an access to placing the long surfboards in the opening without using the lift up trunk lid area. YRMV
    upload_2024-4-22_2-58-19.png
    I drew some pinstripe flames and then another early scallop flames. Both bit the dust, as it did not belong on this old cool, cruiser. Or at least they did not improved the overall look. The color could have been changed, but it still remains a nice custom sedan for all seasons.
    upload_2024-4-22_2-58-59.png lowered
    or with a lowered rake

upload_2024-4-22_2-59-42.png

Attached Files:

Unclebrad and themoose like this.
  14. Not sure you'd want to go this far, but if you wanted more of a coupe look, you could remove the wrap around rear screen and pur a smaller window in. This would let you shorten up the roof. I reshaped the rear quarter windows too, to make it look right. It's not chopped, so you get to keep that cool front screen. 1959-mercury-monterey2.jpg

15. Peanut 1959

Peanut 1959

Even without the roof mods, this black and green one is my favorite version!

LarsL and James D like this.
  16. nrgwizard

nrgwizard
    from Minn. uSA

from post#28532;
    I kinda like the wrap-around f&r glass. But the proportions aren't correct in either the front(too short) or the rear(appears too long). Not a long front/short rear; vice-versa, nor balanced look - to me anyways. Following work would be expensive, but illustrations, not so much... :D .
    Not sure I like the skirts, due to the extra visual mass, but I think the rear wheel CL needs to come back at least a few inches & that'd include the wheel lip. Also I'm thinking the front fenders need more length, like ~ 4" maybe more & the front wheels move along that much too. & while I'm at it, looks odd to have the tail lower than the front - that always appears, to me, to have something broken in the back. It's not a "BelchFire12", but I do appreciate the long front hood, short trunk concept.
    Marcus...

17. LarsL

LarsL
    from Norway

This is so rad! Wonder if the same paint would work on the stock roof/windows. And with skirts. With some lancer caps/whitewalls.

Squablow likes this.
  18. Can someone swap the red paint to black on the spear and back of cab, then if you're so inclined some patina white steel rims, Thank You

FB_IMG_1713966224472.jpg

19. Stan Back

Stan Back
    from California

Too bad you don't live nearby -- I could do it with a spray can.

20. It's not even my truck but I had one just like it (except the black) back in the 80's, no photos survived but when I seen that one I instantly thought of my old truck.

21. Unclebrad

Unclebrad

59 fleetside 01b.jpg

themoose, Squablow and swade41 like this.
  22. Thank you, now that looks like my old girl

23. Flamed48

Flamed48

I’m curious as to what an ol metro would look like as a fast back(something along the lines of a 50s Chevy or Henry j vide)

Attached Files:

24. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

Here's a quickie with a Henry J roof, scaled to fit:
    Met Fastback Final.jpg

25. southerncad

southerncad

Needs a chop....

26. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

OK, but if this were a real car,you'd need to cut a hole in the roof for your head!

Met Fastback chop 01.jpg

southerncad likes this.
  27. Stan Back

Stan Back
    from California

Oh -- it's kinda like an MGB-GT -- yeah, what's it underneath?

28. southerncad

southerncad

Nah, just lower the seats, and put in a tilt wheel!

Rot 'n Kustom likes this.
  29. crf500

crf500

i need help choosing a color between shiny black -bright white and fire engine red . can you guys please paint this up for me! thanks in advance. 1934 a.jpg

Jim Bouchard likes this.