Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

Champion Cylinder Heads

Discussion in 'What's It Worth?' started by slowoldguy, Apr 26, 2024.

1. slowoldguy

slowoldguy

I am hoping you guys can tell me what these heads are worth. A friend of mine passed away recently and I am helping to clean out his machine shop. This pair of Champion heads were in progress as he had nickel-bronze brazed some material around the top of some of the head bolt holes to fill in some grooves. I machined off the brazing which required carbide tooling because it is so hard. They look to be in good shape to me, but I am not an expert. One of the heads has "020" stamped on the lower surface, which I am guessing means someone took .020" off the sealing surfaces, but I have no reference to measure that. I could cc the chambers if someone knows what the original volume is supposed to be. I need to sell them, so I am hoping you can help me figure out a fair price.

Rob

IMG_6741.JPG IMG_6744.JPG IMG_6742.JPG IMG_6743.JPG IMG_6745.JPG IMG_6746.JPG IMG_6747.JPG

2. slowoldguy

slowoldguy

More info on the Champion heads. Looks like they were built by Fenton and available in 7.5 or 8.5 compression. I assume the 8.5 heads were just decked before they sent them out. champion head price.jpg Champion heads.jpg