Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage 2014 AMBR Contender Sneak Peek

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 39ChevyBob, Dec 30, 2013.

1. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

looks like it should be one of the contenders from the pics. Now that it is not about being the most Hi Tech or all about points, cars like this have a chance. Beauty and style now go into the equation as has been seen the last two yrs.

I look forward to seeing it on the main floor.

2. Get a hold of that guy Terry Stoker (maybe thru 39ChevyBob) mentioned in the first post. He built that green car. I saw it first a few yrs back and was floored when I looked inside. Very tasteful

3. Rad! Regardless of how it competes on the level that the AMBR is, I think it will continue to do what has been happening in the last few years and rattle the cage. It looks like a beautiful car and I can't wait to see it in a few weeks. Good luck!

4. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

Yeah I don't get it. Lots of nice on this car.

Ala Kart will always be the king to me. I wish crazy show rods would be as accepted as the dime-a-dozen vanilla flavored cars, but then again I like being the only guy anywhere explaining why there's upholstery on my engine. People just don't get it. It kinda rules.

5. PKap

PKap
    from Alberta

I love the fact that the owner and builder are building what they want first and not trying to fill the wish list of what they think will win. I think many of the past contenders ( and some winners) look confused in their design trying to fill in all the required boxes. Many of them are not comfortable or drivable. Essentially just a piece of art trying to look like a car. This car is the best built and most highly detailed example of what the owner thinks is the most roadster. Regardless of the shows outcome, I hope he enjoys this car for thousands of miles. I dig it

6. BONNEVILLE BOB 95

BONNEVILLE BOB 95

AMEN!!! Preach on Danny. It'd have my vote too!

7. ford495051

ford495051

AMBR, great show! I enjoy seeing what the guys with the mega bucks are building, but I relate to the low buck builds. You can learn something from both. To me it's all about the quality of the build, not the amount of money it cost. This 32 roadster looks very high quality to me. Here's hoping it'll be a contender.

8. That car is a breath of fresh air in the middle of the billetted, candied mega$$ contenders for this trophy that seem to garner the big share of the media attention at that show.

I like cheering for the underdog - I would have loved to see Russ Freund's purple T win, and I cheer for the Ottawa Senators - so I guess that makes me a little whacky. Good luck in the big show!!

9. low-n-slo54

low-n-slo54

Horizon blue? Love the car and good luck!

10. Rich Wright

Rich Wright

I like it.
    Subtle is good and hopefully last years winner represents a change toward more traditionally styled cars.

Good luck.

11. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

Send a PM to Stoker32 here on the hamb or call him after GNRS. I'm sure he's a little busy at the moment.

Terry Stoker's Hot Rod Factory
    1777 west Arrow Route #501
    Upland, CA. 91786
    909-920-6797

12. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Try SMS Auto Fabrics website.

13. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

One D in Ridler. :D

14. Denise,where have you been? :confused: HRP

15. HAHA yup I nkow but the autocorrect on my phone clearly doesn't and I didn't catch it. :D

16. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

X2 Well said

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App

17. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

X2 well said

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App

18. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

this guy would disagree..

[​IMG]

19. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

I love it, awesome car, great idea and build!!!!!!!!!!!

But ALAS, it will not even get a sniff as a AMBR contender, In recent years cars like this have been swept under the carpet and that is a shame.:(:(

20. Landmule

Landmule
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

22. 66tintop

66tintop
    from Canada

23. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Thats cuz his names not Don Ridler, whom the award is named after.;)

Been around, more on FB then here I guess. It's so much easier to post photos on FB then on Photobucket/here. I might try more of a whole year long blog/thread on the HAMB with event coverage. Maybe that will make it easier/less time consuming for me to post.

Also staying off the forums during work hours as I'm super busy at my new job at Autoweek Magazine.

No sweat, just giving ya a hard time.:D

24. Erwin

Erwin

Chrome underneath sure look so fine. Master cylinders too.

25. Hoptup Jalop

Hoptup Jalop

really like it in person!

26. ..I like that car; remember, trophies are just someone elses opinion of your car.

27. Man, that thing's nice in person! Good job

28. Stoker32

Stoker32
    from so cal

Hey Guys. This car is in the current issues of The Rodder's Journal (#63) if anybody would like to see more of it. I know some of you seen it at the GNRS, but the images in TRJ, really turned out great.

Rodders-Journal-Issue-63-Cover-B-Deuce-Roadster.jpg Rodders-Journal-Issue-63-Stoker-Deuce-Roadster.jpg