Register now to get rid of these ads!

Vintage shots from days gone by!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dog427435, Dec 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chrisbcritter

Chrisbcritter

My mother's gonna get me for that one - she's from Gulfport and probably took the photo!

2. Chrisbcritter

Chrisbcritter

3. Rocky Famoso

Rocky Famoso
    BANNED

4. Rocky Famoso

Rocky Famoso
    BANNED

[​IMG]
    Oh geez, I hope not.

5. Rocky Famoso

Rocky Famoso
    BANNED

6. Rocky Famoso

Rocky Famoso
    BANNED

[​IMG]
    Bob Ashlock’s ’53 Starlight taken around 1956. The Stude had milled heads, cam, dual carbs, tube headers, and a pick up top loader trans with overdrive.
    via: thehotrodsofdearborn

7. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

8. dad-bud

dad-bud

Sophia is just proving that no one can not look at cleavage - one of god's best creations.
    I just wanna say "Thank you!"

9. Rocky Famoso

Rocky Famoso
    BANNED

10. Rocky Famoso

Rocky Famoso
    BANNED

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Ac7G7xOG2Ag" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    The Turbo Encabulator was nothing new &#8211; it had lived only on paper in some obscure
    student technical manuals from the Forties.
    Finally brought to film, and explained in the 70s.

11. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

"MINE ARE BIGGER":rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

12. jimi'shemi291

jimi'shemi291

13. Rocky Famoso

Rocky Famoso
    BANNED

If you had trouble with the first film explaining the Turbo Encabulator,
    I think you will find this 1984 film much simpler to understand.
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2fjcJp_Nwvk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

14. nwbhotrod

nwbhotrod
    from wash state

Prove it

15. Rocky Famoso

Rocky Famoso
    BANNED

[​IMG]
    Mel’s Drive-In out on Mission Street in San Francisco’s Excelsior District.
    From the 1967 movie, “Guess Who’s Coming To Dinner”.

16. Rocky Famoso

Rocky Famoso
    BANNED

[​IMG]
    The "Tinhorn" taken at LaPlace Dragway '67.

17. [​IMG]

Maybe this boat would go if they put some motor in it!
    Miss America- don't know what year.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2012
  18. Rocky Famoso

Rocky Famoso
    BANNED

Miss America X - 1933

19. Bud Reynolds

Bud Reynolds

20. Chevy48

Chevy48

Perhaps this might interest those in the Boston Area who remember a time before Craig's list. When people would use a weekly-rag called the Want Advertiser. "New England's Biggest and Best Classified Ad Magazine"

A WANT AD, a dial-telephone, pencil, paper, and folded-map was how people did it before the internet and GPS. This one still survives today.

[​IMG][​IMG]

21. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

everybody likes cleavage

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

22. K-88 ghost

K-88 ghost
    from Nevada

I do beleve that is a TE 440 :cool:

23. I think they were thinking 2 different things

24. jimi'shemi291

jimi'shemi291

RatFink, I have to hand it to ya. :D THAT is the best comment
    on the oft-posted Loren/Mansfield photo that I've seen!
    LMAO! :rolleyes:

25. farmer12

farmer12

Just as I thought that this thread couldn't get any better! Brilliant.

26. [​IMG]

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--> Gun barrels for the Royal Navy fill a machine shop in Coventry, circa 1902. Even before the advent of the dreadnoughts juiced up the pace of production, supplying the ordnance for the predreadnought navies was a major source of employment and profit for the huge armaments industries in participating countries. Then as now, armaments workers and owners exercised considerable political clout, not least in securing their jobs and profits. Concerns that arms spending could lead to a disastrous war were brushed off as the naïve prattlings of well-intentioned but ill-informed sissies.

Check out that shop! Are those lathes? Jeeez louise!<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if !mso]><object classid="clsid:38481807-CA0E-42D2-BF39-B33AF135CC4D" id=ieooui></object> <style> st1\:*{behavior:url(#ieooui) } </style> <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Anybody know?

27. [​IMG]

From "Stumptown Blogger"
    <!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--> When I was a kid it was one of the best and most fun places to eat while pulling into Lincoln City Oregon. The Pixie opened in the 1930's at Oceanlake, Oregon, which is now Lincoln City. Along with the restaurant came "Pixieland" which was opened in 1967. It was a 57 acre "fairytale Story Of Oregon" complete with a frontier village, canoe docks, children's zoo, tree-house, Indian Village, merry-go-round and Ferris wheel.....Oh and the famous log flume thrill ride! Cost was estimated at two million dollars and the owner, Jerry Parks hired two former Disneyland creators to help design the park.
    Pixieland closed within four years. The rides and buildings were all torn down. The Log Flume Ride was sold to Lagoon Amusement park in Farmington Utah where it still amazes kids to this day. Over the years The Pixieland Kitchen changed hands several times and it operated for over 60 years. In the late 80's it vanished with its funny mirrors and all. It was truly a wonderful place and filled with the best memories.

You ARE NOT an Oregonian if you don't know the Pixie Kitchen.
    Sad, but places like this are replaced with generic Denny's, Applebee's, etc !
    <!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if !mso]><object classid="clsid:38481807-CA0E-42D2-BF39-B33AF135CC4D" id=ieooui></object> <style> st1\:*{behavior:url(#ieooui) } </style> <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->

28. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

HA!-----One picture is worth 1000 words!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D

29. Rocky Famoso

Rocky Famoso
    BANNED

[​IMG]
    Yes, you ARE correct (and you should know). Just went with the caption under the picture when I found it on the web. Good to hear from 'ya again K-88 Ghost!

30. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.