Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 56 Vicky build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tedley, Apr 6, 2014.

1. I think they make re-pop plastic Merc SW tail lights. Real ones are big $$$.

2. That's the ones i want 'KACHING'. I'm not sold on the dodge lights but your right ,they are wrong sideways. I might use them.

Off topic a bit.Interesting little item i found cleaning out the doors. Found a girls pendant with NADENA' etched on it. One of those cheap necklaces you buy your girlfriend at a town fair that is etched in at a booth. Made me pause and wonder. If the car could talk. It did a little i think. Wonder where Nadena is today. I don't name my cars but???

Attached Files:

3. SanDiegoHighwayman

SanDiegoHighwayman

I've got repoed lenses in mine from this fella --

www.classicmercury.com -- expensive as well, but, worth it

4. SanDiegoHighwayman

SanDiegoHighwayman

I've only named ONE of mine :)

Beulah, came from readin *this* story back in the 60s --

code three by rick raphael
    http://www.gutenberg.org/files/19111/19111-h/19111-h.htm

read the story to see why ;)

kinda inspired me I guess -- that, & bein pulled outta that snowbank by a samaritan -- wonder if his name was Francis? [ never got it ] but, St Francis is my travelin companion -- cept I call im Shela :)

yers [ car's ] oughter be "Nadine!" *why cantcha be true?* ;) :) was it Chuck Berry?

Last edited: Apr 18, 2014
  5. Thanks for the tip. Now all i need is the rest. I just put in a headlight for a new Mustang last week for the tune of 2000. So i guess it's all relative.

6. Another common custom taillight treatment is 59/60 Buick taillights.

7. SanDiegoHighwayman

SanDiegoHighwayman

WAAAAAAY Back -- in the 60s -- my first tail lite mod was to add 56 olds "bullets" to my 56 Ford oe tailites -- :rolleyes:

8. Picked up this giant c-6 today with heavy duty slip yoke. Hope there is room for it. Anyone know what the '23' on the bell housing means?

Attached Files:

9. 57Custom300

57Custom300
    from Arizona

The ones on ebay went for 234.95 Still needed lens for both.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2014
  10. I had a a'56 Vicky in 1966. I painted it the same color green.

I want to get another some day

11. I'm probably going with those lights but i have time while the rest is being built. Really like that look.

12. I ran into an old friend last weekend and he sent me a pic of his orange 56 from i think 68-69. I was just a punk ass kid at the time but remember it clearly. He told me he just recently sold off his stache. I almost fainted when he told me what he let go. Notice the Starliner behind the sunliner.

Attached Files:

13. 57Custom300

57Custom300
    from Arizona

Back in 68 in Detroit when I had my CV my buddy had an orange 56 Vicky just like the one pictured. Don't recall what he did with it but he didn't have it when I got out of the service.

14. Spent the evening sliding the motor and trans in. Just makes it. Just sitting on blocks right now and have to come up with some motor mounts. It's close to where it has to be. I don't have manifolds yet to see where i'm at with that. I do have a set of long tube headers which may or may not fit. The motor and headers came out of a 67 Mustang so since the Mustang engine bay is just as tight, they may work. So far the big fat c-6 looks like i'm ok for clearance to.

Attached Files:

15. Bought some mid 70's f-150 mounts. Have to use a spacer with these as they are short. May try the late 80's mustang in the end but really need the exhaust manifolds first. Getting hard to find. For the trans i just modified the original x member and stock c-6 mount.

Attached Files:

16. Remember when stock exhaust manifolds where thrown away? Man try finding them today. Got ripped for 140.00. Take em or leave em.
    Anyway i got them and turns out i have more room than i thought and just makes the steering box. So the motor is where it has to be. Fits good.
    I'm posting lots of pics for referance.

Attached Files:

17. Since all i have is a body and no interior i thought i might go with these seats from a 64 XL. Covers are reasonable and i can do it myself. Got to make some mods to fit but it's close.

Attached Files:

18. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

Right on, on the XL buckets. I think I have seen the Xl package tray trimmed and used in the back also.

19. Yes i didn't get that panel. The seats actually came out of a 58. I'll have to get that panel to finish it off correctly

20. 62rebel

62rebel

damn i'm glad you brought this thread forward; my "search" gave me nada, and the social groups access seems "down"... love that interior and wondering how that T-bird bumper looks on the car...
    btw EMS sheetmetal makes that lower trunk panel even though yours looks fine.

21. Well it's not an original idea. Actually i'm on the fence about it.But it looks something like this? Only my car will not be a big dollar car like this one

Attached Files:

22. 62rebel

62rebel

i like that.... then again, i'm weird. can you tell if the sheetmetal contours had to be changed greatly, if at all, in the hood area?

23. I have no idea at this point. I'm miles away from even trying a fit. Might have to find some ratched fenders to experiment with since they have to be cut. Just eye balling the bumper and hood i'd say it's a go with no mods. But we'll see.
    Anyone have pics of this swap on other cars i'd love to see them. I can't find any thou i know many have been done.

24. Got these skirts off a fellow hamber. I think they will be perfect for what i'm after. The car has been at the blaster all summer which is ok since i don't work in the summer cruising time. At least till end of october.

Attached Files:

25. Well , the vicky is at home finally and clean a a whistle from a wet blast, Cat is actually better than i expected. Front xmember is perfect and rust is minimal. It's such a treat to satart with a clean car for a change. More pics to follow as i get things sorted out

Attached Files:

26. Can't tell what a treat this is to start with a clean car. Cost was 1800 inside and out on a rotistery.

Attached Files:

27. a few more....sorry i,m excited!!!!

Attached Files:

28. hotroddonnie

hotroddonnie

You cant complain about the shape of that one! Great shape, and I love 55,56 and of course the 57's.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2014
  29. Robert Crosse

Robert Crosse
    from WNY

We are watching too...

Bob BERTHA-BY THE LAKE.jpg

30. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

Man tedley, I'll add one more, that thing is nice!