Register now to get rid of these ads!

Star Stamp - think VIN...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Vance, Jul 11, 2006.

1. Vance

Vance
    from N/A

Below is a screen shot of the McMaster-Carr website where you can order a star stamp. The part number is 1574T31 and specify item M1. These are damn near spot on copies of what was used in the factory. It fit into the impression on my chassis. I've heard that at Model A swapmeets, these little gems sell for upwards of $80. I bought one here for a mere $11 plus shipping. I got is the 1/4” piece.

[​IMG]

http://www.mcmaster.com/ Do a search fo STAMPS and then LETTERING.

I'm not telling anyone to start renumbering chassis, use this tool more in your hobby endevors...

Hope this helps someone.

Vance

2. You just let their cat out of the bag!! :eek: Where do you think they get them.

A buddy of mine was selling them on epay and making a killing. People are often just too lazy to look a little harder for items and think ebay is the be all end all for buying stuff. Thank goodness for for "buy it now"!

Thanks for the post. Mcmaster Carr is way easier than ebay. It always buy it now and then they just ship it to you...:cool: Now find the diamond stamp for a Ford N tractor....

Stu

3. Vance

Vance
    from N/A

McMaster-Carr does list a diamond, A-4. These stamps are outline stamps too, so keep that in mind.

Vance