Register now to get rid of these ads!

another one saved

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hot Rod Ron, Apr 9, 2008.

1. http://jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=173656

Well after talking to So-AZ I went down last week and scouted this car out and decides that with a little help from Adam at Industrial Chassis and ElPalcko's trailer that we could save this car. Armed with a map of the area and permission to remove the car with Mr Post who is in the backho we used 100 feet of chain and dragged this up the mountain side and the build we start very soon. Here are some pics of the mission. Car was located at the Arizona-New Mexico border way out the beaten path. Enjoy

2. oilslinger53

oilslinger53
    from covina CA

damn!!! good job!

3. FoMoCoPower

FoMoCoPower

4. chaddilac

chaddilac

That is tooooo freakin cool!

5. Glen

Glen

Cool pictures....make sure you keep those for later.

6. Nice! Plans??

7. toddc

toddc

I'd kill for a 35/36 coupe:rolleyes: How did you find it???

8. Jackbolt

Jackbolt

Great find!!!! If I found something like that here and tried to pull it out with a chain or strap, I'm sure all I'd have would be a piece of the front cross member. Rust is very unforgiving here.

9. Insane 1

Insane 1
    from Ennis TX

Thumbs up to you!

10. Brian W

Brian W

Very cool Ron! Glad to see you ended up making it out there to retrieve it!
    Congrats on the great find!

11. slddnmatt

slddnmatt

other than the dents that metal looks perfect!!!

12. Toddc= see the link at the begining of the post and you can see what we started with.

Chris= plans call for cross between Time Bomb Johns vert and the car that Cole Foster built.

13. You pulled a 5w out of the bush, that is definitely worth it :eek::eek::eek::eek::cool: Cool score, look forward to the build.

14. Robert gilbert

Robert gilbert
    from boston

thats cool as hell .

15. Nice grab. I want to know how the heck it got down there? Were there any skeleton pieces laying around?

16. The people in the area said that it has been there as long as they can remember. No bones that I could find since we did look around for any other pieces of the car that may have been taken off or ripped off the car when it was put there.

17. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40

Diamond in the rough. I loves it! Just goes to show that there's still good stuff out there...It's kinda funny that that stuff wasn't good 15-20 years ago! Now we crap our pants when we find it!

18. HAHA! Thats sweet brother, sounds like a cool adventure.

19. L110Mike

L110Mike
    from North OC

out of curiousity, when that car is finished, how is it titled? if one were to find an abandoned car like that, what's the process for licensing it?

20. Noice! I'm surprised nobody has asked the obvious question, but I'm not going to open that possible can of worms. Interesting green and white paint job; I wonder if it was some sort of service/goverment vehicle.

Thanks,
    Kurt

21. Burny

Burny

Very cool. Looks to be in remarkably solid condition. Congrats!

22. beernut

beernut
    from solvang

its probly not in the dmv computer so if the vin # are readable go to aaa or dmv and file for a lost title,(since you have owned the car for a long time and just had it stored in the brush,but lost the title)then a vin verafication is done by a cop and your good to go

23. Shoprag

Shoprag

I'm with pinstriper, stuff you wouldn't take a second look at because it had a little bit of cancer is stuff you think hmmm they sale patch panels for that. LOL

Great find and a bitchen story to tell when it's on the road!!!

24. PunkAssGearhead88

PunkAssGearhead88
    from So Cal

Unbelievable! This is why I wouldnt mind living in a dry mostly humid free desert climate, Ive seen cars 40, 50+ years newer than that with worst rust issues! I thought guys finding cars like this was a thing of the past...... I wont keep my hopes up though.

25. that has to be the coolest save yet!! cool pictures