Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Holy Cow!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kripfink, Feb 16, 2010.

1. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

With apologies in advance if this offends anyone or is not considered suitable I just couldn't help myself. I stole these shots off of the UK Kustoms website over here in England and have posted them on here cos quite frankly they dropped my jaw when I saw them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have absolutely no information other than that it was built in the UK from a..... (wait for it) ........

A 1989 CITROEN!!!! :eek:

The letter G pre-fix on the license plate gives it away as 1989 because according to law over here, you can put a older license plate on a newer car but you can't put a newer plate on an old one.

I will fully understand if you wanna close this thread but shit man, how much work has gone into that.
    Paul

2. Needs some dental work.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2010
  3. greazy john

greazy john

wtf????
    what does a stock citroen look like ?
    not my style but must have taken a lot of effort

4. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

Im not totally sure, sum proportion's missing....the front lights are HUGE!
    Rear bumper (Jag?) needs chrome, thena few more "corrections" and i would drive it!
    Its kinda kool, very Andy Sounders style (pre-tv whore i mean :D), when he used
    to do stuf like his Volvo and the 57 retractable.
    I bet they used the Citroen for the adjustable suspension!
    I'd love to c more, now i'll go look at the UKK site.
    Thanx Paul, if nothing else, it brought back some good memories!

5. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ummm........errrrr..........................ummmm...........................

There is a shit-tin of work in that......ratcustom......one of those things you wonder WHY they even bothered??
    I appreciate the work though I mean its an 89 Citroen??

Doc.

6. It is a hell of a lot better lookin' than a stock Citroen

7. borntoolate

borntoolate

Really great for two vampires on along trip with a lot of luggage.

8. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Umm, I just did a search. What type of 89 Citroen?
    2CV
    CX25
    XM

I mean they are all fucking ugly and need crushing but I just want to know now.
    See what you have done to me? reduced to looking at Citroen's by choice on the net.
    Oh the humanity........

Doc.

9. I'm thinking, Batmobile, Green Hornet car, and a 59' Chev, compilation. A lot of work, for sure..I agree Citroen's are ugly..but.

10. Almost identical, except for the grille teeth.;)

Possibly one of these...

[​IMG]

11. You may find it odd, but we´re a little short on 57 Lincoln project cars over here. Can´t knock the guy for making use if what he had.

12. Aaaaaahhh! my eyes!

13. I'd roll it.

14. I gotta agree use what you have. At least it is not standard. At least with a citroen you have the advantage of being able to drop it in the weeds thanks to the hydradoodamatic suspension.

The comment about my eyes was directed at the standard one. Different size lights, different grill teeth and lose the small continental kit might help. Maybe chromed bumpers would help as well.

15. powdercoater46

powdercoater46

Looks to me like part 57 Lincoln and part 59 chevy; but wtf ? Too unique to crush but should not allowed to ever happen again in this century.

16. Direct from the Bat Cave to a custom car show near you. Be afraid....be very afraid!!!!

BTW. Since when was an over the top custom a bad thing? If one of the legends of the US custom world had built it, you guys would be on your knees praising the brilliant design and craftsmanship.

17. Sometime you just gotta ask "why?"

18. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

Just look at it as revenge for the list of regiment rules you posted on a thread last year that nearly killed me laughing.I mean I'm a kripple godammit,couldn't wipe my eyes,my nose,just had to sit here covered in tears & snot. . . . .

19. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

Geez, I cant even imagine the work that went into that. Its freakish, but cool too.
    I'd drive the crap outa it! Its got a kinda Buck Rogers/Batman vibe.

20. chevsotolac

chevsotolac

It doesn't matter if you like it OR you hate it.....you have to appreciate the work that went into it.....stan

21. SHRUM

SHRUM

I would drive it, and on somedays I would dress up like a superhero and drive it.

22. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ahhh, yes. Rules, the Regiment and common sense are things that seldom come together with any degree of intellect, kinda like the design work on this car.....

Doc.

23. Picture won't open here at work- I just hope I can get home to see this before the thread gets closed!

24. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I don't hate it at all. Considering what he started with iut turned out very kool!! I'm
    not a big fan of the front end but I love the rest of it. Thanks for posting the pics.

Happy Trails,

Mick

25. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

I neither love it nor hate it,I'm just stunned that it exists,particularly given what it started out as.I mean how the hell did the guys mind turn A into B:confused:
    Paul

26. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

I went to the UKK site but its very, and mean very, plain.
    No pictures of anything! just a couple of background ones, and they have
    some rather brilliant rides! Koppa K is one of'em in case you guys are wondering
    who the hell are the UK Kustoms.
    Anyway, couldnt find shit about it.
    Any British rodder offering his knowledge to the masses. Im really curious, and now
    i also wanna see what else the UKK are up to.
    Koppa?

27. Totally agree - its quite a leap isn´t it!

28. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

I suppse he used the platform and sold body/interior/accessories and stuff to fund
    the project. I know i would have done it.

29. James427

James427
    BANNED

Sorry, but there is not a single Citroen body part on that car. I think they probably used the driveline in it (which was a Maseratti engine on some years) and some suspension stuff and they had a title for the donor car so that's the title they used.