Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Found a Stash of Projects......

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by brett4christ, May 29, 2011.

1. I had known about an old truck in the front yard of a local resident for a while. I was in the area and had some time, so I stopped to ask about what he may have. The gentleman was very hospitable and took the next hour showing me around, He had the usual statements about most of the cars...."I'm going to do _______to this one one day." The gentleman is 70 years old, and may have plenty of time do complete SOME of these projects, but no way on all of them.

He stated that some were, in fact, for sale, but his prices were too rich for my blood. The Model T had a tag of $12K on it!

Enough words....now for the pics!

Attached Files:

2. ....More....

Attached Files:

3. ....some toys....

Attached Files:

4. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

I have a .45 Cal round and a note to my three sons, and my best friend. If I ever get that simple-minded about my stuff, they are to take me out in the woods, and insert that 220gr piece of lead right behind my right ear, and then just walk away.

Seeing that stuff and listening to the story is just aggravating. Hoarders are stupid

5. The37Kid

The37Kid

I bet he enjoyes looking at all that stuff every day, good for him. Glad he gave you the tour. Thanks for posting the photos.

6. I may try to get the 2 Morris'. The Vette rear clip was a grand.

7. Kreepea_1

Kreepea_1

It's good to see another stash close by. What make is that red truck?

8. Paul Y

Paul Y

Always seems strange seeing a couple of Moggie Minors, and a pick up to boot!, in someone's garden in the USA.

Sounds like an interesting character, hope you enjoyed your tour.

P.

9. Yes, but.....His story was that he never had anything growing up. Took an early buy-out retirement package, then started buying toys. He also has SEVERAL Mustangs and Skyliners also. And a '41 Ford panel van, and a '59 Lincoln 'vert....the list goes on.....

10. Cymro

Cymro

[​IMG]

This Morris 1000 (Minor) pick up looks a good starting point, four cyl transplant, add a five speed box you have a cool, practical and economical run about, parts chaser, although quite small it's amazing what they can carry.

11. Late '50's Morris Minor. Looks to be an old hot rod.....(evidence below)

Attached Files:

12. dragsta

dragsta
    BANNED

you have no choice but to wait the guy out..... ;)

13. RAY With

RAY With

The shoe box is a2 dr. vickie or looks to be and would I ever love to have it in my collection

14. Yep, good eye! '51 Victoria....first year! PM me on how much you think it's worth, and I'll ask him if it's for sale.

15. Glad to hear that you stopped and asked, before looking around. It was nice of him to take the time to share what is important to him. As far as his prices are concerned, they are his to do with what he will..even if he purposously prices them high, because he really just doesn't want to be rid of them yet. I'm sure it is theuropuedic to him, knowing he still possesses, and can dream about the what ifs they may hold.

16. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

some cool stuff in the stash , he must watch barrett jackson on the telly ,

17. 48Ratfink

48Ratfink
    from Opelika,Al

Hopefully those American Pickers don't get wind of it all!

18. True...he has a TON of other stuff...old signs, clocks, toys, wrapped WWW tires....See below

Attached Files:

19. 19Fordy

19Fordy

Good for him. Deep down he knows he'll never "get them done" but it brightens his day just to see them.

20. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sometimes cash won't buy anything from those guys but finding out what they need for a the project that they are actually working on right now and offering a trade might work.
    I can't pick on the guy as I am real close to being in the more projects than I'll ever be able to finish club right now.

21. The37Kid

The37Kid

That is one car you didn't post a photo of, maybe is is worth the money, what year is it? :)

22. chrisntx

chrisntx
    from Texas .

Thank god for hoarders. Without them, there would be nothing saved

23. I really thought I had taken a pic....it was a late Model T touring, completely stock and either restored or REALLY nice original.

The first is a '41 Caddy with 41K miles. Rare radiator louver option...Look thru the 6" holes for the louvers over the front of the radiator. Cool coolant tag, too!

Attached Files:

24. skoh73

skoh73

Cool stuff! No need for folks to be angry at the fella- he has had fun collecting and will pass it along when he's good and ready. He is the temporary curator of some pretty killer stuff; let's be glad it is in good hands.

25. wickedgoodracer

wickedgoodracer

what Mr 48 said...i only part w/ something if i can trade for labor.that way i know they are REALLY invested

26. greazy john

greazy john

don't have to worry about the American Pickers with that stuff they are too stupid to buy cars

27. retroridesbyrich

retroridesbyrich
    from Central NC

28. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

i dont think theyre too stupid to buy cars. they frequently buy them if they have someone they can flip it to fast. The hard part about buying cars for them is trying to turn a profit after having to transport it all the way back to Iowa. thanks to the old car community today; most hoarders think their cars are worth thousands...no matter how junk they are. Sp many times its hard for them to turn a profit when you factor it all in.

29. b-body-bob

b-body-bob

Stupid might not be the right word, but the episodes I've seen where they buy cars show they really don't know what they're getting into or what things are worth (IMO). They should stick to tin signs for hipsters to decorate with, that's their profit center.