Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rear Axle on my T Model Ford

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by blackjack, Sep 15, 2013.

1. This is the rear axle to my 1921 Modified. It's an oddball 7 3/4" Ford axle - basically an 8" in a 7" case. Not the nicest looking axle in the world but, hey, over here on the Welsh border American car parts are not exactly thick on the ground so I'm using what I can get....

I've spent about 40 hours getting it clean and tidy after fitting fender brackets. The brackets all had a wipe of bondo, not to hide the welds but to make things look a little smoother - the rear axle is entirely on show on a Modified without a pickup bed or a turtle deck.

I've drilled and smoothed the brake backing plates and had them powder coated. The buggy spring has had some leaves removed, been tapered, smoothed and powder coated. I've made a bracket for the Panhard rod and that will go on soon. The wishbones have been smoothed and blasted.

It will all be primed this week and put together using polished hex head stainless fasteners (except for the stressed ones which will be Grade 10).

The axle, and the rest of the car including the body panels, will eventually be brush painted using Craftsmaster Tekaloid.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]