Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1934 Tudor Build

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by stubbsrodandcustom, Jul 20, 2023.

1. stubbsrodandcustom

stubbsrodandcustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Spring tx

Few updates.

So the gas charged shocks out back were way too stiff.
    So I got some Pete and Jakes hydraulic shocks. Amazing transformation.

We rolled 4 deep around Austin Thursday evening at the Roundup.

Despite smoking like a steam locomotive on a grade under acceleration, cruise it barely smokes now. She did great driving around ATX this last weekend. Rolled 75 mph on the freeway leaving alot of my group behind at one time with 4 people in there. I can only imagine the extra HP from a good bumpstick will really make her even more fun.

I didn't shoot but 2 photos of my stuff this weekend, I shot other folks more. But here are the pics that others and myself shot of her.

Thanks for the love @Ryan
    34-54.jpg

The only 2 I shot that had my stuff in it...

34-55.jpg

34-58.jpg

So my body smooth wore out after 2 days in ATX, as some know I have some lasting injuries in my quad, it really hampers walking around sometimes when it flares up. And I made it 3 miles before that happened, So Friday evening was brutal after the show, so Saturday morning it wasn't better, we decided to outrun the rain and head back down to Houston area. In total I had 2 cars I have built there at the show that I know of, and both of those are bringing their owners alot of joy still, and are picture heavy rides. Then there is my 34... Some folks get it and understand the vision I have had since buying this car. Some don't, and its not for everyone staying traditional. It seems everyone loves the flathead under the hood.

There was a beautiful 32 tudor on the hill this year. Fenderless car, and was stunning all around. It had me thinking about pulling my fenders off. Or maybe Ill save that for its next rendition, Who knows.

Next up will be starting to gather parts for motor refresh.

brEad, Thor1, ModelAMitch and 9 others like this.
  2. Jacksmith

Jacksmith
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Aridzona

I vote leave the body be and move on to mechanicals... that thing looks really good!

brEad and stubbsrodandcustom like this.
  3. I really love the look with the fenders. I think you nailed it.

4. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

Great looking hotrod and perfect stance with the fenders