Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 1950 Chevy and a box of parts

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by BoxOfParts, Feb 4, 2024.

1. BoxOfParts

BoxOfParts

I had to grinded down the nose of the starter to make it fit the 216 bellhousing ,but its on now
    Going to get the manifolds on this week and it should be ready to go in.
    IMG_2322.jpg IMG_2324.jpg

2. BoxOfParts

BoxOfParts

Had to order the intake rings and intake gaskets ,but its all on IMG_2358.jpg

Going to install the fuel pump,dist and the breather tube this Sunday.
    It should be ready to go in.

Any advice where to attach the chain for the engine hoist?
    IMG_2360.jpg

3. BoxOfParts

BoxOfParts

Oh one more thing , i will be heading out to the lonestar roundup in Austin hope to see some of you out there. Wont be there with my car but next year is my goal

4. to lift those engines I made a plate that bolts to the two holes where the coil would mount. the bracket extends up and has a hole for a chain to hook/bolt to. the other end of the chain either wraps around the manifold or if the manifold is removed bolts to an intake bolt. this will lift the engine nice and even.

5. BoxOfParts

BoxOfParts

I got axle straps and put one where the starter mounts and the other i will wrap around the manifold, Thank you for that idea
    IMG_2454.jpg
    IMG_2455.jpg

squirrel likes this.
  6. squirrel

squirrel

watch the balance...lifting an engine below it's center of gravity can result in it flipping over....

I've attached a chain to the rear intake bolt and the opposite side thermostat housing bolt on the head, iirc

or remove the rocker assembly and use two of those bolt holes