Register now to get rid of these ads!

2016 Hamb Drag date?

Discussion in 'H.A.M.B. Drag Nationals' started by tlowe, Feb 17, 2016.

1. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

have they really said one way or another weather they are going to be on the salt this year? Not to push this post off course just thinking if I was planing on a trip to America for the drags or the salt that the likely hood of one of them being called off would weigh in my decision

2. WZ JUNK

WZ JUNK
    from Neosho, MO

Bonneville is never a sure thing. The event is scheduled for this year but it can be canceled at any time in any year. Since it has been canceled the last two years, there is a chance it could be canceled this year. I would keep this in mind if I was scheduling a trip to the salt as part of another itinerary. Have a back up plan in the event Speedweek is canceled. We are making plans to run at Speedweek and we will continue to prepare the car and crew until we hear that the event is canceled.

John

3. Kind of bummed that we won't be making it to the drags this year. Once we started coming in 2010 we've been every year since. We just recently moved so all of my hot rodding will be local this summer. Should be back next year.

Sent from my A520L using H.A.M.B. mobile app

4. Canceled or not, I 'll go anyway ;) !!!

jangleguy likes this.
  5. Don Martin

Don Martin
    from West Tenn

I'm with WZ JUNK- do both. We do. My Studebaker (Scaaty) has been waiting for her turn on the salt. It does take longer to recoup but you can rest when your dead. 709 C/GCC It's all fun.

6. Was hoping to have my comet there but will be moving my son to college. Maybe next year.

7. Roothawg

Roothawg

So how many years does this make?

8. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

'03 was the OG. There was like ten of us and it was 157 degrees. Fun as hell.

-Abone.

9. Hey, what nitrous skateboard incident? Are you sure about it? You may have been drinking.;)

10. I miss one year and you guys get outta control? ;-)

03 was one for the books. Crazy hot but great times!

The digger is still broken but the coupe will make a return appearance this year. 2nd gear syncro is toast so I have a trans swap in the near future. Skipping the slicks but am gonna make a bigger lower pulley for the blower. More boost couldn't hurt, right?

11. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Bring the digger, bring the coupe, bring the wagon, it doesn't matter. You are gonna have fun, I promise.

-Abone.

zman and Malcolm like this.
  12. hi guys, I'm in U.S.A. and go through Bonneville and now we go to Joplin! see you Saturday!

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

jangleguy, badvolvo and ryno like this.
  13. silverdome

silverdome

Welcome to America. Did you bring a hot rod to drive?