Register now to get rid of these ads!

4th annual Washington State E vs W Flathead reliability run Sept 14th 2013!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chris, Feb 8, 2013.

1. fordman1

fordman1

Can't wait! Gotta get the flathead tuned up, not running great right now, but will be going unless everything goes to hell in the next two weeks.

2. MrModelT

MrModelT

I'm on the Westside (Vancouver, WA) and my wife and I are planning to drive up Friday night and stay in Seattle. I just want to confirm that the West side group is meeting in Monroe at 7:00am?

I have never been and for the last 3 years Chris has been heckling me to be there with the T.....this year I'm sticking to that! :D

The reason I am wanting to get with a group to roll with is i really don't want to get bulldozed over on the highway. The T cruises comfortable at 55 mph....as long as I have some cars to cruise with, I'm okay.

3. Dirty Dug

Dirty Dug

Yep, 7:00 AM at the McDonalds in Monroe. See you there.

4. Thee Emperors had a meeting last night- anyone who wants to leave from Spokane, we are leaving Saturday morning at 6:30 at the McDonald's in Airway Heights

5. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Just get a buddy with a pickup with a big rear bumper to follow you up Mr Model T. It would take a couple of hours longer but you could two lane it up a good part of the way on what's left old old 99.

6. MrModelT

MrModelT

Where is the McDonald's in Monroe....never been there :)

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

7. MrModelT

MrModelT

I may do that....see if my dad will tag along and follow us up there.

8. Dirty Dug

Dirty Dug

It's on the left side of the road right on the main drag, highway two, about half way through town., about a mile past the fairgrounds. You can't miss it.

9. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Out of your route unless you just want to go another 30 miles North of Seattle and go over Steven's pass rather than meeting up with the Seattle guys who will be going over 90 and Snoqualmie pass. It also depends on where in the Seattle area you plan to stay Friday night.

10. MrModelT

MrModelT

Where are the Seattle guys meeting? Haven't really found anything for a definate meeting point there...

Sent from my SGH-T699 using H.A.M.B. mobile app

11. MrModelT

MrModelT

Thanks Dug :)

12. F91

F91

I'm not sure where the "Seattle" guys are meeting up, but I'm picking my buddy up in Enumclaw and we are headed out over Snoqualm
    ie pass.

13. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Vancouver to Monroe and Vantage:
    https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=...tSPZ-ClHVn3Am5iZVDFwoTkeLj2rJg&t=h&mra=ls&z=7

Vancouver, Seattle, Vantage:
    https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=...lHVn3Am5iZVDFwoTkeLj2rJg&t=h&mra=ls&z=8&via=1

Vancouver through Goldendale, over Satus and past my house, up through Yakima to Vantage: This is dropping down on 84 on the Oregon side to Biggs.

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=...Am5iZVDFwoTkeLj2rJg&oq=Vantage&t=h&mra=ls&z=8
    Obviously some stops along the way would change the route a bit and you can cut off on 18 from Auburn to North Bend and miss the whole Seattle metro area altogether. Actually the Vancouver, Seattle, Vantage route does show going across on 18 and missing the Seattle area.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2013
  14. MrModelT

MrModelT

Thanks! There are some good routes there....just have to pick one I guess. The main point that I am understanding is...I can take whatever route I want....even straight from vanvouver to vantage via Hwy-14 and 97. I would prefer not to drive all the way there by myself though, would like to roll with some vintage rides and fellow HAMBers.....wouldn't be as fun if I didn't :)

We haven't decided where to stay yet....the route will decide that I guess.

15. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Go up the west side and back down on the East side. Take the canyon road between Ellensberg and Yakima and it has a 45 mph speed limit and you don't have to climb the long grades that US 82 has in that area.

16. MrModelT

MrModelT

I was under the impression that the Westsiders were meeting somewhere in Seattle and heading out together and Eastsiders were doing the same. I am getting the feeling it is sort of a "free for all" ....which ever has more cars in vantage by noon wins, not really important where you start from.

17. A all four banger group was coming together, We were planning on breakfast at Beths cafe in seattle at 6 am, about 4-5 of us. But three of the cars have broken or wont make it. Im still wrenching on mine. Plan is to go over with the monroe group at this point.

18. 48FordFanatic

48FordFanatic
    from Maine

Flathead Reliability.......now that's funny !!

19. A broken flathead is still cooler than a sbc anyday...

20. MrModelT

MrModelT

Okay. I'm still wrenching on mine a bit too. My new alternator kicked the bucket and started coming apart. Sent it back to have it fixed. Also looking for a Vertex VW magneto so that I'm covered :)

We may meet you guys in Monroe, or just head straight to vantage from Vancouver.....the wife and I need to decide :)

21. Go West Side !!!! Always a great selection of cars show up for this.. It's a must if you haven't been to one.

22. jimbanner

jimbanner

Agreed!!!!!!!

23. F91

F91

A flathead water pump is cooler than a SBC....

24. Barn Find

Barn Find
    from Missouri

So, how do you determine the winner in this competition? Is it the side who shows up with the most cars or the most miles driven?

Mu dad's banger clud has an annual miles driven contest. The leading contenders this year are pushing over 2,000 miles with 4 more months to go.

25. Side with the most cars wins.

26. Yep, the side with the most cars wins. The main goal is to collect a lot of neat vintage cars with the people who enjoy them

27. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

Sweet.....I guess I'll stay home.....lol

28. F91

F91

Unless your SBC has a flathead, you'd just be a spectator anyway....

29. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

I figured it'd just be a fun roadtrip in my streetrod....surely there will be a few overhead powered "chase" vehicles for when a flatty breaks down.
    But I digress.