Register now to get rid of these ads!

53' Chevy panel truck

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by CJTNT, Oct 9, 2016.

1. CJTNT

CJTNT

Hi guys, I'm CJ and I'm from Alberta, Canada. This is my panel truck. I got it as a bunch of parts. Every part along with the body was skim coated with a 1/4" of bondo. After hand sanding every piece i found it was 99% rust free!!!! Wow. The floor had been patched so I replaced floor, kick panels and firewall. The firewall was fine but had too many unnecessary holes as I wanted a clean firewall. Long story short it now has a GM HT383 crate engine, TH400 with a lokar shifter, S-10 rear susp with cal-tracs, buick apollo front clip. I cleared the bare metal because I wanted to exploit the fact it is so clean. All the parts including the interior have been coated with bedliner. Auto meter speedo and tach fit right in the factory spots!! So many more little details and other things I have done too. If you guys have any questions about my truck or general AD panel truck knowledge let me know!! I will post a couple pics for now. I may have some questions in the future as well! I am building this as a driver!!!! No sitting in a shop collecting dust for this girl! Thanks!![​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. e1956v

e1956v
    Alliance Vendor

3. CJTNT

CJTNT

4. I'm "restoring" a '52 on the outside and "customizing" the interior, sbc/4-wheel disks/GM350 trans. I guess it will fall in the Street Rod pigeon hole with a part time job as a business promotion.
    Keep the updates coming, please.