Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects '62 Ford Unibody LSR Truck

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mctim64, Mar 23, 2011.

1. Yes! That's the one I drug out to Bonneville last summer, you probably didn't see it as you were too busy breaking records. ;)

Got the hydrolics working on the clutch tonight, the way things are going I should be able to fire this engine on the weekend. Most of Sat. will be spent at Famoso though, Elwood needs equal time. :D

2. It's official the Uni Jake will be #416. :)

3. He came to life yesterday.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/EEWbDNNLRLc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

4. 2NDCHANCE

2NDCHANCE

Awesome build, thanks for posting.

5. Awesome...but I know that was just a tease:D

6. Don't let the women drive.

[​IMG]

7. 41 Dave

41 Dave

Tim, You never know. She may go faster than you . . . . It sure will be neat to see the Uni making the Dirty Two Club !

Dave

8. Spent most of Saturday running fuel lines. Glad to have that out of the way.

[​IMG]

Fuel tank in the bed with electric pump and regulator on the return line.

[​IMG]

Pressure line and return line exiting the boxed frame, inside the aluminum line is inside rubber hose to prevent rubbing a hole in the line.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

725 Road Demon with pressure and return line.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2011
  9. Time to wake the neighbors, Tim!!

10. I believe there may be video tonight of the Uni driving down the street. ;)

11. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Really cool to see this come together, Tim... Good luck!!

Malcolm

12. You are a busy beaver!

13. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Great project. Fantastic!

14. Hope to have it on the salt this year. :)

Think your Roadster will be there?

15. A sort of automotive resurrection of sorts...it is Easter Sunday...

that may be a touch blasphemous, but not deliberately:eek:

Last edited: Apr 24, 2011
  16. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

I caught the Trumpet TRW too! Cool! I have to ask though, what is that slave cylinder? That could solve some problems in my world...

17. The whole set up is from a '57-'60 F-100, I bought the slave new from NAPA for $28, the master was $70 but I rebuilt mine for $22.

18. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Cool! Good to know! Thanks

19. It Drives!!!

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/a5xQMh0RI3Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

20. Bad Ass Tim!!!

BTW, there are threaded limiters on the spindles that can probably be adjusted to help with the turning radius, but the added caster I built in will prevent it from turning as tight as a typical I-beam...

Sounds really good...gears are turning in my head already!!!

21. resqd37Zep

resqd37Zep
    from Nor Cal

Awesome truck. Best of luck on your quest for speed. Remember to keep the shiney side up.

22. Stone

Stone

awesome build.

23. Hotrod1959

Hotrod1959

That is one healthy sounding Y-block.

24. One thing more I'd like to add. As much as I have always liked BG carbs their quality control must have been non existant towards the end. The carb I bought before this one for a customers engine had the wrong gasket on the power valve and was dumping way too much fuel till I found the problem. This carb was purchased the day they shut their doors (although I'm sure it was sitting on a shelf at Jegs for a while) it was jetted so lean that it would almost not run, watch the first run video and see how I have to feather the throttle to keep it going. Runs great now with 72's, it had 58's out of the box.

Point is they are good carbs but not right out of the box so if you have one don't be ready to through it away just cause it doesn't run right.

25. ynottayblock

ynottayblock

Tim,

I love what you do with a y-block. Sounds bloody fantastic.

26. 57J2

57J2

It's going to be fun watching your progress on this one. Very Tuff looking Unibody, and a great sounding Y-block.

27. <TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=9 width="100%"><TBODY><TR id=ctl02_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater_ctl15_trRow2><TD id=ctl02_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater_ctl15_tdPostCell3 class=TableCell_Light vAlign=top width="24%" nowarp=""></TD><TD id=ctl02_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater_ctl15_tdPostCell4 class=TableCell_Light vAlign=top width="76%"><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=smalltxt vAlign=top>A little bit of header work this weekend. [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

28. fiveohnick2932

fiveohnick2932
    from Napa, Ca.

Not looking forward to having to spend money on this stuff with my Yblock LSR roadster... 8 bills, ouch. better safe than sorry though...

29. fiveohnick2932

fiveohnick2932
    from Napa, Ca.

Tim,
    Bitchin headers! what made you stay inside the frame rails and not do some fenderwell headers?

I should finish my tunnel ram and let you use it!!