Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods A Two-For-One On Tuesday

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Apr 24, 2024.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Ryan submitted a new blog post:

A Two-For-One On Tuesday

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

Ziggster, Sharpone, 54reno and 9 others like this.
  2. Ford continued this effort for years in their Ford Times magazine. CCI04242024_0001.jpg

Attached Files:

3. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

And before that, Ford news IMG_9295.jpeg

4. AmishMike

AmishMike

On Helminen’s build - you picture the engine mount. I thought his tranny mount was cast until he explained how he put it together & polished into one beautiful piece. Great build

Ziggster, Sharpone, mad mikey and 2 others like this.
  5. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Helminen's welds man......friggin’ good.

6. alchemy

alchemy

Maybe the recipes called for soybeans, so Ford would have more use for them after his failed attempts to make plastic cars out of them. I think he owned a lot of land producing things to innovate into cars.

7. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

The ford time cookbook
    A travelers guide to good eating at home and on the road. Enjoy image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Last edited: Apr 24, 2024
    Ziggster, Sharpone, Nominal and 6 others like this.
  8. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Paging Julia Child!

9. What? No exhaust manifold burritos?

10. tractorguy

tractorguy

OMG.......the Ford Cookbook listed the Roundup Room in Dyersville Iowa as one of the three best restaurants for the State of Iowa........My dad was the chef there at the time and my mother worked with him on Fri and Sat nights to help prep for the weekend crowds !! One of my sometimes job on Fri and Sat afternoons was to shell cooked shrimp for the evenings shrimp cocktails. Best meal ever......shrimp cocktail......salads from the salad bar......Iowa top sirloin with side of harsh browns with cheese......and a huge grasshopper ice cream drink for dessert !!

11. ..Sounds like a fun childhood.

Sharpone and tractorguy like this.
  12. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Checked E-Bay and there quite a few different versions available, priced from $8 to around $50.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  13. Gahrajmahal

Gahrajmahal

Can you imagine any of the modern car manufacturers courting todays customers in the same way as Ford magazine and cookbooks?

Anyways, my dad and mom worked at a competitor to the Maisonette as continentaljohns restaurant page mentions. My dad, a pastry chef made the Sheraton Gibson’s version of crepes, crepes Suzette. He always liked when there was an order for them as he got to work table side and flambé the cherries making a show that ended with applause.

Just last month I taught my 9 year old granddaughter to make crepes. No flambé though!

14. ....C'mon man, it's just not the same. Just keep one of these handy!:eek: beb01b07-0a13-4abd-95a2-e7d0c719dde0_2.f0b3867ee315502c3956413996ea3e1c.jpeg

Sharpone likes this.
  15. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

that’s awesome and sounds like a great time but have to ask what’s a grasshopper ice cream drink