Register now to get rid of these ads!

Any Old California guys Know this car ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by carlos, May 11, 2009.

1. KUZTOM

KUZTOM

Some one go uplift it in the cover of darkness,yeah admit that its not the prettyest KUZTOM ,BUT it needs saving,to much history there ,im sure now if the guy really understands the historical value of this ,he may just move it into his shed,I hope;)

2. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Lets start a petition to have it placed in at least dry storage!!

3. kustomkat

kustomkat

I'm onboard with that.... Hate to see it get worse. Hell, I'll store it in my shop in California for free.

4. mazdaslam

mazdaslam

Awwww man!!!! It sucks that it is not really cared for. It NEEDS to be SAVED!!!!

5. nefareous

nefareous
    from maryland

Sue the guy for gross negligence ?

6. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

The owner is an ass to let it sit out. 20 feet behind the car is a shed. Clear all the crap out and roll it in!

7. owner needs to be shot in the foot and kicked in the nadds, he's un-American! To let a rod rot is un patriotic!

8. Super cool thread.... I want that Phaeton.... wow!

9. Bigdaddy

Bigdaddy
    BANNED

He doesnt want to tell the owner what he has...because then for sure he will never sell it... he will think he has GOLD and would want more!

10. alchemy

alchemy

There has got to be some smooth-talking, rich collector/restorer (Orosco, Meyer, Mumford, Zaragoza) reading this thread right now, and maybe he will be able to "convince" the owner it needs to be saved.

11. plodge55aqua

plodge55aqua
    from Alberta

You would almost think that the guy would know that an Old Ford Coupe with out the Custom appeal would be incentive enough to save.... all those added on panels are probably welded over top of the Originals.. Maybe he just likes the Attention, any way he can get it.. even when its rotting away..

12. carlos

carlos
    from ohio

I for one ,and my friend are not the owners of it and what I understand the owner is a little eccentric and probably just dont know as I have found more about the car and jimmy summers my self,he doesnt know I am sure its relvelance to custom car history but I think that is all about to change.Thanks for all the input and I am sure this car will be rescued.

13. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

even the most eccentric person would come around with the proper amount of cash waved in front of his face.

14. cleatus

cleatus
    from Sacramento

Please Carlos...do all you can to get that car out of the hands of that idiot - it is a very significant part of custom car history.

15. I hate this The guy knows what he has and treats it like shit. this car needs to be saved. the summers fade aways might not be for everyone but its a car with a pedagree and there for should be saved or stole from the guy till he can treat her with the respect she should be givein

16. 38zephyr

38zephyr

Treating that car , like that , is a crime .

17. showrod

showrod

post's like this one are why I keep coming here! please keep us posted on this one.

18. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

$ure i$ a huge find. $ummer$ cu$tom....holy $hit.

19. Squablow

Squablow

I really hope so. As has been said, at least get it up out of the dirt, up on blocks a foot in the air would help, inside would be a lot better.

I don't see any seams or evidence of lead work on those fadeaways, impressive metal work, especially for the era.

20. ruquik

ruquik

Any word???

-Brad

21. rodncustom

rodncustom

Wow! That is incerdible! I wonder why he has kept it outside. It looks like he has some inside room.

This car NEEDS to be restored.

22. JOEHOODS

JOEHOODS

Wow,save it.....

23. 52style

52style

most things that arent "FOR SALE" suddenly become for sale when instead of asking
    "DO YOU WANT TO SELL IT" just whip out an envelope full of money and be like ill give you this (whatever amount) right now take it now or never

doesnt give em much time to think about it sort of like an impuse buy only a sale

24. bonesy

bonesy

What a waste. That's a guy that would let it rot away then let anyone else touch it. F him.

25. Rikster

Rikster

Any news about this car, and its sad situation?

A few weeks ago I talked to the guy who has the car on his property (not the owner of the car) we had a very nice conversation about how it got there etc.

He told me that after this posting appeared on the HAMB there had been many people from all over the USA, but mostly from California informing about the car. He was also going to talk to the owner again to see if he was willing to sell it if any of these people would make a good offer for it.
    I have not heard back from him...
    Hopefully in the meantime the owner has decided its best for the car to let it go... and even gets a good amount of money for it most likely.

This car needs to be saved! if not restored... it needs to be put inside to stop the rotting.

26. cretin

cretin

Hopefully it will be saved.
    So what's the deal on how it got there Rik?

27. Silhouettes 57

Silhouettes 57

Hey! I've been wanting to get back out to Cali I'll get a trailer and haul it to your shop for safe keeping.:cool:

28. Bigdaddy

Bigdaddy
    BANNED

Anymore news..

29. SuperFleye

SuperFleye
    Alliance Vendor

So is there any news on this car?