Register now to get rid of these ads!

Are the HAMB Drag National rules posted here somewhere?

Discussion in 'H.A.M.B. Drag Nationals' started by wetskier2000, Jan 3, 2023.

1. I would truly like to attend the HAMB Drags, but I understand that several items installed on my 1941 COE will not pass muster for the track. Are the rules here somewhere? Are there parking areas for misfits like me? Thanks!

2. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Carl, the fella that owns the track still does a traditional styled event on the same weekend we used to do the HAMB Drags. The rules are pretty simple for a street driven car. Basic safety stuff like helmet, seat belts, neutral safety switch, coolant recovery tank, stuff like that. The faster you go, the more rules your car has to meet which pretty much align with current NHRA rules.

I'll save you a beer in the host hotel parking lot.

-Abone.

3. Jeff.....you goin? What the date? Staying at the LaQuinta?

4. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yep. I haven't missed a single year. Not sure of the date yet, it is usually the second or third week in August, same weekend as the Springfield Swap. Most likely staying at the LaQuinta. They have been pretty cool to us since we promised to quit doing burnouts in the lobby.

I'll save you a Diet Dr. Pepper.

-Abone.

5. It's posted on the Mo-Kan Fb page as Saturday, August 19, 2023. I mentioned this to a buddy of mine and his reply? "You have to go!".... The biggest challenge for us is the timing cuz I'm semi-retired but my wife is still working full time... I don't see us doing more than 500 miles per day and it's 1500 each way. 1700 if we stop to see friends in TN.

How far ahead would LaQuinta reservations be recommended?

6. So, bringing the new 34?

7. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Most likely bringing the '40. I haven't started either one of the '34 projects yet and the '36 will have a new home by then.

See you there?????

-Abone.

8. Buddha Doll

Buddha Doll

Hey Ryan,
    Any thoughts on doing the final H.A.M.B. DRAGS this year as you discussed last year? The turnout is so good when it’s HAMB and not SPAM. Looking forward to it, which ever way it rolls.

9. so install a seat-belt, and a recovery tank and it'll be good to go if my car is stock for everything other than exhausst?
    sounds shockingly simple... other than the neutral safety switch, does that only apply to automatics or manuals aswell?

Last edited: Mar 21, 2023
  10. THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER

THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER
    from FRENCHTOWN

Every car should have seat belts. Use the drag race as motivation to get it done.

SS327 and The_Cat_Of_Ages like this.
  11. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

yes if it’s a manual a clutch switch is required I know I know nhra doesn’t require one but the track does since they had someone get hit by a being started in gear without the clutch pushed in this has been a issue in the past with others but Carl requires them as a safety measure

The_Cat_Of_Ages likes this.