Register now to get rid of these ads!

Bodangora (Wellington-NSW) drags

Discussion in 'HA/GR' started by spanners, Oct 20, 2016.

1. spanners

spanners

Last Sunday was the Bodangora drags. I haven't raced here for a bit over 12 months but it still has that country race track feel.
    I won't use this as an excuse for not posting many videos but my wife/crew chief volunteered to help in the control tower so was not on the track to remind my to turn the camera on
    Mine was the only open wheel type car racing but who cares, I'll race anyone. Day was cool to start with but quickly warmed up with a howling head wind. When you've only got 92 horsepower to play with, you don't want to waste half of it pushing into the wind.
    Take note of the flags flapping on top of the tower.

That gave me 2 race round wins.

That gave me 3 wins and should of been automatic entry into the final because all my runs were very close to dial-in. There were 2 others with 3 wins but weren't as close to their dial. For some reason I had to run an elimination against one of them and got too much wheel spin and lost. Shit happens. I still had a good day's racing with no car damage.

Old6rodder and 64 DODGE 440 like this.
  2. Old6rodder

Old6rodder
    from SoCal
    1. HA/GR owners group

Great vids, Sir. You have that thing singing a nice song. :cool:
    And I could race there happily, what a neat strip.
    We'd be unable to get any insurance at all here, without a completely segregated return road.

3. spanners

spanners

I've got a video that my wife filmed from the tower but I have to work out how to get it from the phone to the HAMB.
    (I was hoping to be racing at Sydney this weekend but just got word it's been cancelled due to impending rain)

4. spanners

spanners

Please excuse the streaks on the tower glass as birds roost in there when it's not in use. The glass slopes inwards so gravity takes control of the (bird)crap. I've offered to squeegee it off the next time the crew chief volunteers to help out. Hope this works.