Register now to get rid of these ads!

Cool little hidden radio

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Justin Rousselot, Jan 30, 2015.

1. Justin Rousselot

Justin Rousselot

So I got this little guy on eBay for 15 bucks it's an FM USB AUX all in one stereo I didn't want to pay 300 bucks for the hidden audio ... Because I'm a poor white boy... so I thought this little gadget was pretty cool works real good too! It has an amp built into it so that's nice and its four channels by 40 watts 4x40 watts

Attached Files:

firstinsteele, gonzo and patmanta like this.
  2. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Nice, how big is your knife? Do they have any more?

3. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

yeah do the have anymore

4. cool - marked for future shopping.

5. for us nontechno guys......what does it do? is it just a cheap radio with only four channels?

6. Justin Rousselot

Justin Rousselot

Yeah they're all over Ebay Kentiger...or Kinter ( those are the brand names) some of them are only two channel but this particular one is a 4 channel it even comes with a cool little IR remote! And my pocket knife is just a regular size pocket knife I'm putting this in the glove box of my 62 Newport

7. Justin Rousselot

Justin Rousselot

The only thing I had to change on it is the antenna is permanently mounted and I just unsoldered that and put in a Motorola type antenna jack that you can get at Radio Shack

8. Justin Rousselot

Justin Rousselot

tb33anda3rd.... No it gets all the FM channels what it means by four channels is you can hook 4 speakers up to it... And you can also hook up a USB thumb drive with music on it or an iPod

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  9. Justin Rousselot

Justin Rousselot

And I'll tell you what if any of you non technical guys buy one I'll modify it to take a car antenna for you for shipping only

10. patmanta

patmanta
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Woburn, MA
    1. MASSACHUSETTS HAMB

NICE! Any idea if it will take a satellite radio?

11. Justin Rousselot

Justin Rousselot

Yes it will take a satellite radio the RCA's on the back are an input you can buy the adapter at RadioShack to do it ....I have it hooked up to my XM radio and it works awesome!

patmanta likes this.
  12. I just looked them up on amazon, cheap too, free shipping with amazon prime and fuel perks
    Not 15.00 but I hate ebay

turboroadster likes this.
  13. Justin Rousselot

Justin Rousselot

I think they're like 25 bucks on Amazon which still isn't that bad for a little radio like that.. . I do high end sound systems for a living in commercial buildings and I'll tell you what this little thing puts out good sound For being made in China!

14. OK, you've got my interest. I'm not a techy, so.. you change the antenna so a car antenna will connect , and you hook up the power, and listen? That's it? sounds too good to be.

15. Justin Rousselot

Justin Rousselot

You gotta hook the speakers up to it but yeah that's about it... I'm pretty snooty when it comes to products from China but I'll tell you what this little gadget is neat! I hooked up a little computer speaker t! it last night to test it out and the sound was really good!

16. BLUDICE

BLUDICE

Can the "4 channel" be wired into a single stock in dash factory speaker??

38mag likes this.
  17. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Is it the MA-200? I'm seeing $30 for those...

18. Amazon has several models of this type amp/tuner under the Lepai brand name. Some models come with a conventional antenna jack, some with or without tuners.

19. ..you call thet a noife?

20. brady1929

brady1929

21. .....I think you got Australia and New Zealand mixed up.....
    Those ccheap little amp gadgets work well, just try to steer clear of the ones which have the LED "disco display" which are very bright and very annoying at night.....unless you can disconnect them internally (fairly easy) or you like driving a clown car (very suited to new cars)

22. Justin Rousselot

Justin Rousselot

I specifically bought one without that stupid little led thing

23. O.k. I bought one. Can a slightly above average guy replace the antenna with the correct adapter for my car? Any secrets to doing this? Thanks

24. Justin Rousselot

Justin Rousselot

No it's a pretty easy thing to do its just a single wire that needs to be soldered in I'll take some pictures and show the steps

25. Awesome, thanks

26. Justin Rousselot

Justin Rousselot

Okay here's a little picture tutorial of how to do it.... So the first thing you do is remove the four Phillips screws on the bottom of the unit second find the long white wire that goes to the antenna (photo 2).. Unsolder said white wire then remove the 2 screws on the back where the antenna is then attach the Motorola connector(photo 3) PS you will need nuts to attach the connector to the radio... Then solder the wire to the solder tab / hole on the Motorola plug the Motorola plugs are available through American radio supply.com and they are 95 cents each

Attached Files:

seb fontana likes this.
  27. Justin Rousselot

Justin Rousselot

I haven't done mine yet but I'll post a photo of it when it's done..... Here is a photo of the circuit board the long single white wire is the antenna wire

Attached Files:

28. Justin Rousselot

Justin Rousselot

Sorry I forgot to add on American radio supply.com type in Motorola automobile radio antenna female jack connector the part number is OPEK AT-2651

29. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

Very interesting . It might be just the ticket for my "Penny Pincher" .

30. Brentphx

Brentphx

Do you ever encounter interference by not running a shielded wire for the antenna?