Register now to get rid of these ads!

D&D PERFORMANCE CENTER BRISTOL CT.

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by phil duhaime, Feb 16, 2016.

1. phil duhaime

phil duhaime

IF ANYONE WANTS INFO OR PIC FROM THE PAST CONTACT ME

2. Rick_S

Rick_S

Great memories of D and D, both the Collins Road and Riverside Avenue locations. Followed your Corvette at Connecticut Dragway from 1969 on, would love any pics you have of it. Hope you are doing well!

3. melzer51

melzer51

Phil,

You probably don't remember me, but back when you and your brother Jerry operated D&D Performance on Collins Road in Bristol, I became interested in the '56 or '57 Corvette (I can't remember the year, it's been so long) with the big white fender-well headers, black vinyl hardtop and 427 'rat motor' with the huge hood scoop. Anyway Jerry and I talked one day at the shop and he agreed to sell me the car minus the motor and transmission, but with the custom made headers. It's been so long now I can't remember what price we agreed on, so I left Jerry a deposit and agreed to pickup the car after I paid off the balance owed in a few months. Long story short, something happened and I was not able to complete paying off the balance and was unable to consummate our deal.

I learned a lesson the hard way as a kid and chalked it up to experience. I would sure love to see some photos of the car I hoped to own 'back in the day' if you still have some. Hope this finds you in good health and spirits.....Bristol 'gear heads' really had a special place to hang out at the Bristol Plaza, I miss those good old days.

Mel

4. NH Gearhead

NH Gearhead

Hi Phil,I have fond childhood memories of D and D in Bristol.I used to ride my bike across town to hang around staring at the stars and stripes Vette.I credit you and your brother for my life long obsession with cars.I've been searching for any pictures of the drag cars,delivery trucks,store front anything remotely related the Performance Center for years.I don't know what you might have but I'd love to see them or get copies.
    One of my prized possessions is my unused original D and D sticker.
    I hope you see this,Thanks so much!

5. Slammedf100

Slammedf100

Phil I'd love to hear the history and see photos of D&D. My names Jamie Couture and I run the New England Hotrod & Kustom Historical society. I live and grew up in Plainville and I remember seeing D&D stickers everywhere as a kid.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  6. The op hasn't been back on here since Feb. of 2016. Hope he's OK.

lothianwilly71 likes this.
  7. Tyrell

Tyrell
    from 203

I have tons of D&D stuff including a t shirt I may have some original stickers I also have some performance products stickers

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  8. ...Post up some pics.