Register now to get rid of these ads!

For you Edsel lovers

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hivolt5.0, May 23, 2011.

1. Wow! These Edsels look great! Thanks for posting the pics!

Spooky likes this.
  2. M.Edell

M.Edell

retractable top on an Edsel? really?

3. M.Edell

M.Edell

4. wombat barf

wombat barf
    from oklahoma

5. jmh

jmh

ccc... That is bad ass!! John

6. I have always wanted to do an Edsel Retractable. The all white one above is close for me, but I would have eliminated the '57 top fin and have strictly Edsel style quarters. I just don't like the old fin, it breaks up the correct lines for the rear of the Edsel Corsair style body.

7. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

Made it to Santa Maria and back without one mechanical problem. 3 hr cruise on Friday Night without any over heating. Pulled all the long grades, no problems.

But when I get there I notice the trunk wont close correctly. One of the torsion bars for the lift assist bent. It was so bound it fatigued the metal on the hinge and bent it. Of all the weird ass things to go wrong at a carshow. How do you drive a car home almost 200 miles with the trunk not close and sticking up and inch in the front like a giant sail?

Anyone got extra trunk hinges? Any idea what other parts cross?

8. M.Edell

M.Edell

Man Drew, that really sucks.I was thinking about you when I was driving my Edsel yesterday hopin you got the trunk issue resolved..guess not...

9. hanginlow58

hanginlow58

dang it! i miss my old edsel

Attached Files:

10. hemifarris

hemifarris

Several years ago I owned a restored '58 Edsel Pacer convertible. It was gray metallic with a white cove. They're excellent drivers with plenty of power. Back then they were very reasonably priced.....The only problem I had was finding mint "Edsel only" dog dish hub caps for it. As you guys know, I'm queer for dog dish caps. I bought 2 N.O.S. caps for $100.00 and a used pair for $50.00. It cost $150.00 to get the dents removed from the used ones and have them re-chromed. Go figure.

I had grandious plans to lay it on the ground but a buddy made me an offer I couldn't refuse.................Mike

11. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

God Bless the HAMB. Tail Fins in PA hit me up within an hour and sounds like he has what I need. Seems like the hard part now will be spotting in the paint where it chipped from being misaligned.

I've seen some cool pics from the cruise at WCK of my car, I'll have to see if I can post them up. My car did very well. No issues other than that damn hinge.

12. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Those retractables are killer. I agree on the '57 fin CCC. That '58 with the '59 grille is a damn good idea.

13. Dakota

Dakota
    from Beulah, ND

see i think the 59 Grilles are FUGLY..... the 58 is much better looking..

14. Django

Django
    from Chicago

I definitely prefer the '58 front end to the '59, but I think it was an interesting marriage of the two.

Spooky likes this.
  15. Dakota

Dakota
    from Beulah, ND

OH! your talking about the custom 58 with the 59 Insert in the miiddle! that i liked.... i thought you meant the WHOLE 59 front..

16. Dakota

Dakota
    from Beulah, ND

See that red custom is also a Corsair or Citation.... the big one based on the mercury.. i love the roof overhang on the rear window of those cars...

17. M.Edell

M.Edell

Got my restored,spray chromed, factory hooded Edsel mirrors installed today.

Attached Files:

18. edsel.fi

edsel.fi

^ Looks so shiny, hope that shine stays!
    Here is my Elli Edsel pictured in rockauto magnet , try to get it if you order stuff from rockauto.com
    80.jpg

Last edited: Oct 12, 2014
  19. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

[​IMG]

The drive down to Santa Maria last weekend. The overdrive makes this a nice highway car.

20. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

A few from the cruise night, too.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This one is my favorite

[​IMG]

21. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

[​IMG]

Mine gets driven.

[​IMG]

Everyone loves the horsecollar, vagina, toilet seat,....whatever you want to call it. Show me another car, at any show, that everyone takes a picture of the grill? These young ladies were at VLV13 promoting a Vegas strip club and stopped for a quick photo.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2011
  22. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

[​IMG]

Sacramento bound for the Autorama. Caught a weird angle in the glass,....looks like a smashed HotWheels with the tires all bent out. This one is after the stock caps when I was running the 59 Lancers.

23. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

Stock, how I found it.... with a "blown motor". Dizzy sheered the roll pin, it was running in a few hours.

<TABLE cellPadding=6 width=400><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle>[​IMG]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

After I lowered it with Aerostars.

[​IMG]

With a cap change to 59 Lancers....

[​IMG]

And now with the chrome and spider caps.....

[​IMG]

Spooky likes this.
  24. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

Drama at Santa Maria..... trunk hinge fatigued and wouldnt close properly. Ended up doing some paint damage and alot of cussing.

[​IMG]

Luckily I had a few good friends nearby that didnt mind holding that heavy SOB up while I "fixed" it.

[​IMG]

25. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

Found an old one at a local BBQ. I think this was the "first trip" in the car after we got it running. Still a nosebleed stocker.....

[​IMG]

26. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

[​IMG]

One Night Stand 2010.

Dont mean to overload page 6 but I dont have access to a real computer very often.... do alot of my surfing on the smartphone.

Spooky likes this.
  27. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

Ledfords Roadster

<TABLE cellPadding=6 width=735><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle>[​IMG]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE cellPadding=6 width=750><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle>[​IMG]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

The centered dash is actually a pretty cool idea on an over the top kustom.<TABLE cellPadding=6 width=750><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle>[​IMG]

[​IMG]

<TABLE cellPadding=6 width=750><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle>[​IMG]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

The Roadster is for sale if anyone is interested.... shoot me a PM and I can get you the info.

28. dragsta

dragsta
    BANNED

29. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

^^ Thats a huge investment. Just goes to show that different strokes make the world go 'round. I'd like a little more go out of mine but for me that might be too much. I'd get in trouble fast.