Register now to get rid of these ads!

For you Edsel lovers

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hivolt5.0, May 23, 2011.

1. I really like your Edsels Drugasm. The stance is perfect.

2. farmer12

farmer12

These pics are brilliant, thank you guys for posting!

3. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

Thanks HiVolt. I want to see more of how that T Bird interior fits in Shainermans...

Last edited: Jun 5, 2011
  4. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

[​IMG]

Action Shot of the Day from the Los Boulevardos website. I am so in love with this car.

Spooky likes this.
  5. mlagusis

mlagusis

Drugasm,
    What tranny do you have in your Edsel...you mentioned O.D. earlier on in the thread.

6. M.Edell

M.Edell

Drews Edsel is Gay like he is...LOL!!! Kiddin...Its a kick ass ride for sure...

7. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

I have a 3 speed column shift with an automatic overdrive. It shifts 1 2 3 like a normal manual transmission. If the OD is engaged you simply lift off the gas pedal and wait for the OD to click..... just like shifting into 4th gear but without the clutch. Once its engaged it drives like a normal trans until you put the clutch in or until you drop under 30MPH. Also if you put the pedal all the way to the floor for "passing" it will drop back into third until you lift.

I believe its almost a 25% underdrive?? Its very similar final drive ratio to a 700R4. Its really nice on the highway. I am unsure what rear gears I have in the rearend but my car will reach its "comfort" point on the highway right about 72/75 MPH. It will run there all day long as long as you keep it fed. I dont know what kind of gas mileage it gets.... guage half ass works and I dont really care.

I dont drive a big block 4 speed car for gas mileage.

Ha ha. My muscle car buddies all cringe when I remind them my Edsel is big block 4 speed car so its better than their 396/auto blah blah or 327/auto blah.

8. Nother coupla days and the engine should be back from the machine shop.

Pardon it not being compleat.

Oldmics

Attached Files:

9. ecode ragtop

ecode ragtop
    from illinois

Who dosen't like to see a nice big E

10. [​IMG]

'Nuther truck conversion.....

11. Bitchin' pic. Cars got a good vibe. I'm lovin' it!

12. Last edited: Jun 8, 2011
  13. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

That sedan delivery always made me wonder if I had enough skill to put it together. And that last Edsel/Ranchero is pretty sweet. I don't think I have ever seen a 59 done that way. Usually it's 58s unless I missed some in this thread earlier.... Either way that 59 really stands out.

14. Anyone has the skills to do it...All of the front sheetmetal just bolts on. Change the dash, taillights and some wiring and you got an Edsel sedan delivery. You certianly don't have to cut one in half.

I don't like the '59 Edsels so much, but that ranchero above sure is killer!

15. shainerman

shainerman

Ive been working on ruining mine with "Mexican paint"

[​IMG]

16. M.Edell

M.Edell

Had the red painted on my valve covers by Keri (Steel Phoenyx) at the Goodguys show over the Weekend.

Attached Files:

17. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

Shane I wish I had the balls to do some of the stuff you have done. I don't care what they say in the mid west, that car is the KING SHIT. When you come to California we are cruising together.

18. looks good shane

wha happened to the shoebox?

19. mlagusis

mlagusis

Drugasm, did yours come with the 3spd OD or did you add it?

Also, what size wheels and tires are you running?

I think your car sets perfect.

20. mammyjammer

mammyjammer
    from Area 51

Not sure exactly what it is about Drugasm's Edsel...but I like it...a lot!!

21. mlagusis

mlagusis

[QUOTE
    <HR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #e5e5e5; COLOR: #e5e5e5" SIZE=1> <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
    Not sure exactly what it is about Drugasm's Edsel...but I like it...a lot!!
    ][/QUOTE]

I think it everything working well together. The wheel and tire combo, the stance (not too low or too high), the colors and all of the great lines of a 58 Edsel 2 door HT. I would not do anything different on his car.

22. I sure like the 70's yellow washout in this pic. Maybe I'll drop it in PS and give it a white border. Cool Shaine!
    [​IMG]

23. shainerman

shainerman

Ill tell ya what John, photobuckets editing KILLS photoshop in terms of aging photos. The cross process is dead on. The edging sucks though, haha.

24. shainerman

shainerman

When I come to California you're going to have a permanent room mate, haha. Also, we are taping out your car, sitting back with a few cervazas, and getting the moxi to pull the trigger.

25. You obviously know more than I do about that. I restore cars....that is all I know how to do.....:D I try to keep it simple. I got enough shit to memorize.

26. M.Edell

M.Edell

Damn..Edsels look Bad Ass as Kustoms...

27. shainerman

shainerman

Secret time. Thats the exact opposite of what its going. Body will be lavender and top and spear will be dark. Im still waiting for someone to photoshop that for me. I dont know how to flip colors.

28. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

The PhotoShops of paint on his car had me DROOLING! I was showing anyone I knew who paints and asking what they thought and if they could do it to mine.....

As far as tires and wheels on mine they are G78R14 Coker Classics from Hector at Coker in Fresno. If you ever get a chance to do business with the Fresno distributor ask for Hector..... he is the man and flat knows his stuff. He talked to me about what I wanted for the car and talked me out of a wider white wall to stay "period correct". The end look was spot on and I apprecitate him taking that little extra time to help guide this car.

The wheels are actually just the factory wheels. 14x6? 14x7? They are the factory deep dish wheels, like alot of the Mercs, so they kinda have a reversed look to them. In fact you really have to look to see if they are reversed. Hector had to mount the tires on them like they are a reversed wheel. I sent them to (WheelKid) Jimmy and had them chromed. He split the wheels and they were polished to death before chroming. They came out pretty damn good.

Other than that its an Aerostar coil in the front and a 2 inch block in the back. Those cruise photos are a little lower than normal,..... I had two extra passengers, a full tank, a full size jack and jackstand, and a ton of tools for the roadtrip. I think I am gonna switch out to a 3in block sometime in the future.

The trans is what came stock in that car as far as I know.

Shane you come out and we will have a crew of cars lined up for tape and paint. Ill even hit all the thrift/consignment shops to get some good lace. I'm still hunting for a "Last Supper" pattern for the inserts...... hmmmmm. Now that would be a "Mexican Paint" job. And I say that with all respect and no insult, I have a ton of love and respect for the early custom lowrider paint jobs. Shane and I have vented before that people, espectially old cracker-ass white people, say that we are "Mexican-ing" our cars by lowering and changing things.

Also Bro, you can stay as long as you want. You know the difference between you are (you're) and your.

Marcus --- DROP IT! Its a simple swap man and it can all go back to stock in a short time. I can have mine back to Grandpa's church ride in about 3 hours. Keep the stock springs and its just a block in the back. Think about it,......TRI TONE on the low.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2011