Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Gas Tank Brand

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by seb fontana, Jan 27, 2017.

1. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

I currently have a 68' 16 gallon Mustang gas tank in my shoebox..I want to increase gallons and a 69 Mustang tank will get me to 20 gal and a 70' will get me to 22 gal and bolt right in..I looked in Tanks and they are $130 and then looked in ebay and about $80/90 [free ship] for the same part number, Rock Auto was about the same..Is quality from Tanks that much better or are there others as good?

2. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

I don't know about other brands, but the four or so Tanks brand I have purchased have been very good quality. The most recent was purchased in early 2016.

Ray

3. Król

Król

Seb I have a Tanks brand in my 56 so far so good. Bought it directly from Tanks. I bought a plastic Tanks tank for my 36 Chevy pickup project, which was cheaper thru bay dealer.

4. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Hi Fred..I decided to get one from a place on ebay almost $60 less than Tanks, we will see if I shot myself in the foot or not..o_O

5. metalman

metalman

I just bought one of those cheap tanks for a Nova I'm flipping, flip = budget. Looked just as good as most replacement tanks, does what I want it to. Can not say it was as nice as Tank's, I use them in my higher end stuff.

6. My RA tank for my '59 Ford was made by Spectra. So far so good, installed with ease and was very well made.

7. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Up date..Tank pretty good and should hold up fine..From
    autofunparts..