Register now to get rid of these ads!

Got the 47 cab home

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bloodyknucklehill, May 30, 2009.

1. well i got the cab and hood for my project home the other day.. it's in great shape.. the doors open and close windows roll most of the way up, and its only got minor surface rust.. no cancer.. picked up a couple of motors too.. let the chaos begin:eek:

Attached Files:

2. Belchfire8

Belchfire8

Nice cab, what's the plan?

3. couver

couver

No shit! Good start..

4. really nice!

5. well the plan so far (may change on a whim, but you know how that goes) is a 3 to 4 inch chop, and about a three inch channel as far as the cab goes. i got the hood as well because i want to graft a grill to the front of it and make the grill/hood one piece.. but who knows.. I picked up those Y-blocks for next to nothing and am gonna rebuild the blue one (292) with a 30 over bore and maybe a 312 crank..

6. I'm gonna use the original floor for the channel, as much of it as i can anyways.. I was out cleaning it up a bit more today and did find a small cancer spot in the floor.. also it has some, what i assume to be, home made access holes cut in the floor.. this cab was on a farm truck

7. a slight update.. haven't got a ton of work on it but made some progress.. i've been mostly gathering up parts i'll need but i got alot of the surface rust cleaned up finally and shaved the driprails.. waiting on my pal with a welder to come help me weld up the seam that was left after i cut them off..

Attached Files: