Register now to get rid of these ads!

HAMB "Conversation" Link Ignorance

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by andydodge, Dec 31, 2023.

1. Dunno whether I'm getting dumber with age but for some reason I had either forgotten or grown dumber with age and had not checked or realised what the flagged thing on the right with the envelope in it was..................I have just spent a little while going thru a number of "conversations" that others had started with me that I had not replied to and I offer my sincere apologies to anyone who may have thought that I was an ignorant Aussie for not replying earlier..............some of these were 4 or 5 years old and as stated I apologise..............I now know what a red flagged conversation thing means........Happy New Year.....Andy Douglas

Thor1, Max Gearhead, Woogeroo and 6 others like this.
  2. fastcar1953

fastcar1953

You realize now everyone will send you a message. :D:)
    I know I just did. :p Hopefully won't take 5 years to get back to me.:eek:

3. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

@andydodge...and you thought membership here was without luxuries...look what you've been missing...:D

Happy New Year...get back to your messages now eh!

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  4. swifty

swifty

Do you also realise that when the "thing" with the lightning bolt in it is red that someone has flagged your name in a post, as Stogy has done above or someone has quoted you in a post or liked your post So that section on the header is the "Alerts", alongside the "Conversations" which used to be called "PM's or Private Message.
    Now go and look at the one with the "body" in it . That will keep you busy for hours.

Thor1, lothiandon1940 and Stogy like this.

5. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Cheers @swifty...just keeping those alerts functioning...have a great one...

swifty and lothiandon1940 like this.
  6. This thread is funny in a sad kinda way.:D:D:)...:D:D...:(

Thor1, Algoma56 and guthriesmith like this.
  7. lostn51

lostn51
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Tennessee

You mean this thing comes with options?!?o_O

lothiandon1940, Woogeroo and loudbang like this.
  8. Why, because we're discussing electronic alerts and notifications on a computerized device, on the "traditional hot rods" forum? Haha
    Happy New Year!

lothiandon1940 and LOST ANGEL like this.
  9. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

The Lighting bolt on the far right is a alert that a post you created or have posted on someone else has also posted on it.
    You can Un- Watch it if you want to and it won't alert you to someone else posting on the post you created or posted on.

BUT - if you un-watch it - IF someone likes your post you will still get a Alert on it even if you Un-Watched it.

10. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

A Bigger HAHA - ok stop with the electronics then and start writing your replies down and send them to fellow HAMB'rs by the Postal Mail Service and see how long and how far that takes you. :D

Ain't technology great !:)

11. Tow Truck Tom

Tow Truck Tom
    from Clayton DE

I'm dumb if I don't ask... How is the alert made?
    Thank You

12. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Or print out photos and put them in photo albums and invite people over to see em, actually I would prefer that...

Sancho, Algoma56 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  13. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

also, I am moving this from traditional hot rods to Q and Suggestions

14. Woogeroo

Woogeroo
    from USA

hit the lighting bolt icon/graphic - a window pops up, should be 'alert preferences'.

click on that, a page loads up.

Then there is a whole slew of check boxes you can check or un check as you prefer.

Then remember to hit the blue and white 'save changes' button at the very bottom when you are done.

-Woogeroo

15. When I receive a conversation, I get the red flag above, AND I also get an email from the HAMB that links to the conversation, just in case I am away from the HAMB.

16. .......Same here, Phil. Happy 2024!