Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hello From Coastal Georgia

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by CoastalCrestline, Apr 7, 2024.

1. Hello,
    Just doing what I see recommended as a first step and write an introduction...
    I've lurked for a while but didn't actually own anything that I could post about. I now have a reason.
    My father and baby brother gifted me their 1953 Ford Crestline Victoria. We help each other out and they made a very surprising a gracious gift.
    The Crestline is a California car (Pasadena service sticker on the door) and very sound. Very little rust that I can see although I fully expect to find 70 year's worth of wear and tear. It has the original flathead and runs. The car looks to have been partially restored over the years and was in the middle of another round when my brother traded for it last year.
    My plans are to fully disassemble, and bring back to a vehicle that will see me through retirement for my wife and family to enjoy. I plan to upgrade all systems and modernize where appropriate but want to leave most systems alone. My goal would be to have a nice, dependable and usable car that could stand on its own at local shows and allow us a stylish ride if we wanted to travel.
    I tend do all tasks myself... paint, weld and fabricate which is the fun of it for me.
    I plan to keep the flathead (which runs well) if I don't find something disappointing when inspecting the block. If it does check out, I will invest the dollars and upgrade this as the powerplant.
    Personally... I am married with grand girls. Love my dog and have an engineering job with a construction background. Spent a lifetime with horses and building boats and furniture as a pastime and recently became very interested in the automotive scene. Youngest brother is the car guy and we now share this together. I enjoy building and rebuilding all things.
    Thanks
    Mike crestline2.jpg

Last edited: Apr 7, 2024
  2. Welcome to the HAMB from Illinois.

Very nice Victoria.

3. Thanks. A gift from a great Dad and brother.

lothiandon1940 and pprather like this.

4. e1956v

e1956v
    Alliance Vendor

Nice looking Ford, welcome from Colorado

5. alanp561

alanp561
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sweet! Welcome from East Tennessee:)