Register now to get rid of these ads!

Homemade Show trophy pics ... Antitrophies?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fryguy, Jan 13, 2008.

1. fryguy

fryguy

Just wanted to start a thread to showcase one of the cooler aspects associated with the traditional car shows, that is the homemade trophies. These are sometimes supplied by the hosting car club or usually made by other talented individuals. I am not talking about the faux gold plastic on top of the marble-like bases. I am talking about the wanton camshafts, pistons, rods, hood ornaments, etc welded together in a flowing, auto part Taj Mahal. I know trophies are not what its all about and I want to showcase them out of context. I am not really concerned with the meaning behind them only the thought process and imagination.

So if anybody has any pics of cool homemade trophy's or anti-trophies from over the past car shows feel free to post them in this thread.

Fryguy

2. Pontiac Slim

Pontiac Slim
    Member Emeritus

Hey..
    Each year we (family) give a homemade award in memory of our daughter. Seems to go over well. Each year is different.
    Pontiac Slim

Attached Files:

3. mongo51

mongo51

I'll try and get some pics. of one I won a couple years ago up. It was the slick shifter award .

4. i got four of these last year at a show i was thinking about making some wheel covers for my four wheeler with them..

[​IMG]

and i also recieved these last year i like the one in the middle i think it kinda cool , it has a nice eagle up top ..

[​IMG]

5. HotrodTrash

HotrodTrash
    from Hanford,ca

Here's one I got from a little show in vegas. Bunch of good guys down there.

Attached Files:

6. skooch

skooch

Gambino pick Viva 07. I'm pretty damn proud of it![​IMG][/IMG]

7. fryguy

fryguy

Slim, I love the idea of the trophies made in the memory of your daughter. The celebration of life or great memories of life is what its all about. May your daughters memory live on forever!

Skooch an Hotrod trash, you hit the nail on the head with those trophies. Those things are very cool.

Trash, can you can a closer pic of that trophy to post?

Fryguy

8. GlenC

GlenC

I don't have a picture of it, but in the 60's our car club ran a D/A Fiat coupe at the drags with an inline 6 GMH Holden 149ci engine. OK, the engine wasn't that big, but the car ran 13's so it was pretty powerful.

The gearboxes were a major reliablity problem, and every meet, we'd arrive with up to half a dozen spares in the trailer. Usually we'd go home with the last box in the car. One of our designated drivers was vicious on the shfter, and he blew up most of the boxes, so we made him a trophy...

We dropped the bottom plate off a realy badly smashed box, but left the pile of broken syncro cones, mashed gears etc on the bottom plate. We washed it down with petrol, then poured fibreglass resin over it until it was all stuck solid. We presented it to him at the AGM, he was not impressed!

Cheers, Glen.

9. I made these for the best and worst hand at the annual "World Famous Swindlers Poker Run"...

They were not quite finished yet here...

[​IMG]

10. HotrodTrash

HotrodTrash
    from Hanford,ca

Here you go. This thing is heavy!

Attached Files:

11. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

12. 28 chevy

28 chevy
    from NE Pa

I own a trophy shop (jandcawards.com) and I think these homemade awards are just awesome. I see some pretty cool things and often wonder why I wasn't smart enough to think of them myself!
    Jim

13. 29 sedanman

29 sedanman
    from Indy

I have a very cool trophy made by Kulture pimp here on the HAMB. I will take a picture of it tonight and post some particulars about it. Not your typical handmade trophy, it is even cooler.

14. EmilyBelle

EmilyBelle

Oh man I wish I had some Heavy Rebel Weekend trophy photos....

15. fryguy

fryguy

These things are getting cool. Thanks for the old thread. I did do a search, but didn't come up with that particular thread.

HRtrash, love that trophy, that is so very cool.

Keep 'em coming if you have them. These things are so often looked at for a couple of days after a show and then sit on a shelf collecting dust never to see the light of day.

I say we have a HambAuction with somebody's Antitrophy. If we could get a volunteer, heck, I'll even send people parts of paypal money to get started. I think we could do a really good auction here.

Any takers?

Fryguy

16. I won best costume at the Highway Horrors C.C. Halloween Party.
    [​IMG]

17. Eightydeuce

Eightydeuce

18. fryguy

fryguy

Thats just plain wrong, hillarious but still wrong, LOL

19. henryj429

henryj429

20. John B

John B

Yeah, what he said. In the summer time I do a lot of car show trophies and nothing makes me happier then being allowed to do something creative. I like working car parts and tools into specialty awards and once in awhile I'll stick a paint can or oil can in a trophy. Even used oil filters a time or two.

21. McKee

McKee

Not so "homemade"!

Attached Files:

22. fryguy

fryguy

They are definitely cool looking in my eye. A little right of this thread but awesome trophies non the less. Very cool, thanks for posting.

fryguy

23. senior fried

senior fried

Those Lone Star Round-Up trophys are some of the most creative I have ever seen. Don't have one ,but maybe somebody will post a few pics.

24. Acme Speed Shop

Acme Speed Shop
    from so cal

A few I've made...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

25. FleetlineFan

FleetlineFan
    from Girard, KS

For our annual PSU Society of Automotive Engineers (S.A.E.) car show, we always build our own trophies. They seem to go over really well, here's some pics.

Attached Files:

26. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Last year's Billetproof.

Attached Files:

27. MCINK

MCINK
    from EASTRIVER

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

the "trophy" and the "car"

THunder Valley Dragways
    Marion, SD

28. Reds 29

Reds 29

These were downstairs at the 2007 Detroit Autorama. I don't know who made them, but they were pretty well done. I've thought about making some similar and taking them to car shows and giving them out to cars I like, regardless of what the show gives out.
    Red

Attached Files:

29. Few from The Strangers BBQ

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The entire top section spins & the wrenches are spring mounted & spin also!
    [​IMG]

30. FATT STRIPES

FATT STRIPES

few from one of our local shows

[​IMG]