Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects HOTROD HACK* GOW* YARD ART???

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by 2FORCEFULL, Mar 29, 2024.

1. 2FORCEFULL

2FORCEFULL

IMG_2062[8647].jpg Pretty crazy rig that's growing on me , but what to do...leave it alone... Utah yard art...

it's a 27... model a dual carb banger...40's trans juice brakes , redo the wood work??? put a body on it... or park it in the front yard...

2. henry29

henry29

3. 2FORCEFULL

2FORCEFULL

4. 2FORCEFULL

2FORCEFULL

5. Get it running and drive the Hot Rod Hack.

6. TCTND

TCTND

That's too nice to leave out in the weather (or to modify). Get it running properly and drive it around when the spirit moves you.

7. 2FORCEFULL

2FORCEFULL

it runs and drive, carbs need work and synced,... needs tires to drive around...

like to find some history on it, guy I got it from traded a 47 ford vert for it.... I think it came from the bay area???

Okie Pete likes this.
  8. 2FORCEFULL

2FORCEFULL

the wood need work.... but drive as is

9. 2FORCEFULL

2FORCEFULL

looks to be a 50's rebuild.. and changed along the way... it has an exhaust whistle

SS327 likes this.
  10. Dan from Oakland

Dan from Oakland

Ya better just love it as it is and have a good time- make it safe and runnin good, and don't look back.
    It's kinda different, so just let it be what it is and enjoy! Perhaps add a back seat to haul friends and go get some ice cream. It would be perfect for a cruzer at the salt.

VF-1, Cooon and tractorguy like this.
  11. Outback

Outback
    from NE Vic

Love it, get it going & cruise it :D

12. I bet the guy with the convertible is happy.

13. 2FORCEFULL

2FORCEFULL

it has a back seat, when I got it it was turned around and faced forward at the end of the bed, but no way to get back there...so I un bolted it and turned, sure enough the hole where drill aready to put it back to back... got no Idea what it was original bult for , but wotld like to find out... and wonder if it started life as a Hack??? did ford sell the chassis and fenders and wood workers finished these???

Okie Pete, VANDENPLAS and Just Gary like this.
  14. 2FORCEFULL

2FORCEFULL

maybe.... he's walking around less some boot

daylatedollarshort likes this.
  15. 2FORCEFULL

2FORCEFULL

it's most likely gonna go to Utah and park next to the model AA project I have...you would not believe the amount of people that stop at the house and take pics, it's in kanab utah FullSizeRender[8453].JPEG imagejpeg_0[8529].JPG imagejpeg_0[8530].JPG IMG_0647[8474].JPEG IMG_1760[8559].jpg IMG_1761[8560].jpg IMG_1762[8561].jpg

16. 2FORCEFULL

2FORCEFULL

I thought this one was kinda cool..but I like the barn wood patina of the one I got better.. so paint is an option..
    [​IMG]

17. 2FORCEFULL

2FORCEFULL

One such aftermarket variant of the Model TT was the Depot Hack, which was used to ferry hotel guests to and from train stations. It took part of its name from the word "hackney," an antiquated term for a horse-drawn carriage later applied to taxicabs of all types. The body of the Depot Hack was made mostly of wood, at a time when this was not seen as an aesthetic choice but rather a practical one. Wood was light and plentiful. As often as not, it was often sourced from the packing crates that suppliers used to ship parts to Ford. Wood could also be easily replaced when it was damaged from traveling over the unimproved roads of the era.

[​IMG]

18. BJR

BJR

I would find a roadster body for it.

clem and Squablow like this.
  19. 2FORCEFULL

2FORCEFULL

found a couple, and a roadster pick up.... but once I got it home I figured that I like it how it is....

but wanna know the 3 "W's...

Who hot rodded this hack????

Why did they hotrod it???

and when did they Hotrod it

seems like a lot of work...for what...Zenith 2 carbs??? makes me wonder what was done to the motor to be able to run that set up... "A" bangers struggle to run one 97 let alone 2.... I was gonna pull one of the jets to see where it's at...seems it would need a cam and head work... juice brakes makes me think they were running fast then I would wanna go in a hack... then there's the 40's trans... open drive shaft and a hack job 10 bolt rear... that kinda tells me this hack was running north of 40 mph in cruise mode ... not for the faint of heart... R.O.P.. a couple of 2x2's..??? life was easy before feds stepped in...but people didn't live as long...

20. It’s so weird it’s cool !!!!

get it running and have fun !!!

you can always pull the motor , cowl and related parts when you change your mind and make a rod out of it.

but this thing is wayy to neat to use as yard art or simply cut up just yet !!

21. Grumpy ole A

Grumpy ole A

Get it safe to drive then run it and have fun. You can make changes to it as you drive it. I don’t recommend taking it apart till you have it driving. There is too many projects that get started but take forever to finish much less have fun in it.

22. Way too nice for yard art, drive it and enjoy it. HRP

Okie Pete, WC145 and tractorguy like this.
  23. sdroadster

sdroadster

When I was young, I bought a stock Model T Touring car. I sold the original drive train, and put a 153 Chevy Nova 4 cylinder engine in it, with a Power Glide transmission. We drove that Model T everywhere. I saved the stock steering wheel and column, and hooked it up to a modern steering box with a U Joint. I didn't box the frame, but I did build new crossmembers.
    Put a dropped axle in it, 16 " wheels, big, and little tires, early ford brakes, and so on. You'll get a lot of enjoyment cruising around. Easy project, and simple.

tractorguy and 2FORCEFULL like this.
  24. 2FORCEFULL

2FORCEFULL

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 30, 2024
    Cooon, WC145, tractorguy and 2 others like this.
  25. 2FORCEFULL

2FORCEFULL

my kinda plan is make a parade car for utah... start rounding up parts and such...

[​IMG]

26. 2FORCEFULL

2FORCEFULL

whats the thought on 2 97's on a "A" motor???

27. 41 GMC K-18

41 GMC K-18
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Paging @Hitchhiker
    Hey Matt, check out this rig, maybe you can give some sound advice to @2FORCEFULL about what to do and what NOT to do with this very cool rig.

Thanks from Dennis.

rick young.JPG

28. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Back in the '80s, when I had the Cabinet Shop, I build 6 of these Depot Hack Kits, using original Syverson blueprints, for the local Model T Club. At least 2 of them are still in the area and seen in local parades.
    bb11.jpg bb10.jpg bb12.jpg

29. Outback

Outback
    from NE Vic

A mate of mine runs a joinery making hardwood doors/windows & what ever gets thrown at them. I have been trying to get them up to build a Woody of some description, no success as yet.

2FORCEFULL and hotrodjack33 like this.
  30. 2FORCEFULL

2FORCEFULL

seems to me that about 20 yrs ago,,.. shops wanted over 20 grand for just the kits for a woody...

Outback likes this.