Register now to get rid of these ads!

How To Leave Feedback On Classified Ads (BETA)

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by Ryan, Mar 9, 2015.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

This is a new feature that I have been working on for quite some time. Essentially, it's a feedback system that allows you to leave other users feedback after completing a classifieds deal. It works similar to eBay's system in that you can leave positive, negative, or neutral feedback on a user after a deal is completed and that feedback is then publicly accessible to other users.

Cool, right?

The system is still in Beta, so there might be some bugs here and there... but, it's working. Here's how you leave feedback.

Step 1.
    Go to the classified ad that you want to leave feedback for.

Step 2.
    Copy the URL of the classified ad.

Step 3.
    Click the "add feedback" link like so:

step1.jpg

Step 4.
    Choose what role you played in the transaction (buyer or seller) and chose your feedback (negative, positive, or neutral).

Step 5.
    Leave both a short review and some comments on the transaction.

Step 6.
    Click "add feedback" like so:

step2.jpg

And that's it... You are done!

Note that when viewing the classifieds now, each user will have a feedback rating under their name like so:

step3.jpg

Last edited: Mar 9, 2015
  2. Hey Ryan, I haven't used the new feature yet but I think if it work out it is a very good deal. I have bought things off of Ebay and it nice to see and have an idea who you are dealing with when you buy something. Sorry to say there are some out there that aren't just who they say they are, I know I went threw a deal with a guy who ended up screwing me on some parts, needless to say he was banned from Ebay under that User name but I don't know whether he got back on Ebay.

3. Lancer

Lancer

Really glad to see a rating feature being developed.

4. silent rick

silent rick

this is only for completed transactions. what about the jerkoffs who say they mailed out a postal money order and it holds up the sale of an item? i could have sold it 2 or 3 times waiting on a payment that never arrives.

5. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

One of our rules is that nothing is sold until it's paid for. So, if you take something off the classifieds before it's paid for, that's on you. Sucks I know - but there is no way to police this really.

6. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Won't feed backs knock down existing ads real quick ?
    Any way to post the feed back to the transaction WITH OUT bumping existing for sale ads down the pages ?

7. The37Kid

The37Kid

Is the feedback feature for items sold after this feature has been added, or can we go back say two years and post a positive feedback on a deal we were happy with? Bob

8. The37Kid

The37Kid

I deleat all the bumps and info on an item I sell and also mark the item SOLD. I'd really like to see a way to deleat the listing without making the staff do it. Bob

9. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

We don't like to see ads deleted. Looking at old ads is a great way for people to find the value of things.

lothiandon1940, RICH B and Lancer like this.
  10. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

The feedback has nothing to do with the ads order in the forum. It's a completely separate entity. So, adding feedback to a user does not bump an ad.

11. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

If the ad is still there, you can ad feedback.

12. The37Kid

The37Kid

Ok, Thanks, all this time I thought saving "Band Width" was the reason to deleat ads. Guess I'll just trim off the BBT's and save the original with a SOLD marking. Bob

13. 1pickup

1pickup

I like it. But, I'm with Silent Rick. I have things to say about an asshat who I didn't buy from, but was using the classifieds in a way that nobody would approve of. Kind of a bait & switch. As in posting a trade: part A for part B. I have B & want A, so I called him. Then he told me on the phone he would be an idiot to trade A for B. He just wanted to find B. Wasted my time & his.

14. olskoolspeed

olskoolspeed
    from Ohio

Very nice..........I like it.

15. phat rat

phat rat

It's something that's been needed for quite some time

16. If that ever happens again, notify one of the staff. We'll take care of it.

17. ajunkman

ajunkman
    from Florida

Great idea...wish you had it last year when I got burned

18. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

I love this idea..
    I relish in the fact I have bought and sold on ebay for about 20 years and have a 100% rating.
    But to those who use it be aware... feedback goes both ways. So if you too take pride in your feedback, I stress the importance of not jumping the gun and drawing conclusions. If that happens it will turn into a "he said she said". That will destroy the whole idea here.

19. thirtytwo

thirtytwo

Good idea , but is there a way to make it a one click deal for the lazy people...

Kinda like when they ask you to stay on the phone for a quick survey ... 90% of the people hang up

20. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Nope. Our classifieds doesn't cater to the lazy. Sorry. :)

lothiandon1940 and Lancer like this.
  21. Bought something - went to try it ; way too complicated .

22. So....put a wanted add in classifieds. Member responded. We purchased the part he offered us. To leave feedback for him would we use our wanted add URL?????

23. Bill Ryan

Bill Ryan

I guess the seller already pulled the ad, went back 40 pages and can't find it. Only received the parts yesterday. Thanks for the heads up though.