Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Im getting Married! Project 46 ford begins!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tim, Aug 29, 2011.

1. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

You get the idea, you should probably go ;)

2. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Good shots of @drdave and @winduptoy in the not stock video with the black swilco roadster as the leading pic

winduptoy, EV34 and drdave like this.
  3. EV34

EV34

Man what a trip! Glad you made it home. That looked like quite the adventure!!

winduptoy, chryslerfan55 and Tim like this.
  4. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

@EV34 that’s the way it goes sometimes lol glad I got to meet you and see your Tudor!

winduptoy and chryslerfan55 like this.
  5. EV34

EV34

you too man!! Loved your car and the interior looked amazing in person!!

chryslerfan55 and Tim like this.
  6. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

@EV34 appreciate that man, next time we’ll have to actually put them next to each other lol

7. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Not a lot going on with the 46 at the moment. Pulled the rear shocks off and checked that they hadn’t blown out when everything broke.

drew up a bolt on upper shock mount plan but havnt got my welder set up yet so no forward progress on that.

pulled it out of the garage after a few weeks and it’s running like dog shit looking very rich out the tail pipe. I think I flooded it and fouled some plugs. Thinking about grabbing a spark plug cleaner and giving that a try. But over all I havnt been very interested and it’s been raining for about a week so I’m not feeling real good about a long fall cruising season.

I am however excited about the A again post the roc and will have updates on that soonish

in other news my olds 394 is for sale ;) link below

8. redzula

redzula

The strain of having multiple cool cars/projects and being able to just switch to the other one when one is being a butthead.

Also you have had more shock issues than anyone I've ever met lol. Good luck with the fix when you come back around to it.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  9. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

@redzula yeah kinda ridiculous both ends basically stemmed from the leafs settled quite a bit over the last ten years. My backs ripped off because the shocks bottomed out before it hit the bump stops. It’s all a kit that came together and more or less worked fine until I hit some rough rough shit on the trip. I think Joey took the high spot off the road for about 25 feet it was pretty ridiculous

10. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Turns out leaving these rolled up
    Since October wasn’t a good idea especially with a zip ties keeping them rolled up

IMG_1839.jpeg Gonna lay something heavy on them and see if I can get them back to flat and then I’m thinking I’ll see if they’ll stick to the inside of the trunk lid.

If we don’t get a bunch of snow before then I’m aiming to be back in on the car on Tuesday.

need to get it running better again and then onto the shocks etc

11. The ones for the tbird arrived all rolled up in shrink wrap packaging and wouldn't lay flat for anything. Some time in the sun made them better, but they still had a wave or two to them when I put them in the car. They have settled down and looks like they had always been flat.

winduptoy and Tim like this.
  12. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Yeah they shipped rolled up but it never crossed my mind that the zip ties and shoving it in the trunk would effectively make corners. Got them stuck to the top of the deep freeze with a couple years of magazines laying on top. They are flatting back up. I’m thinking the solution may be a large diameter shipping tube

13. redzula

redzula

What are they?

14. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Magnets for the under side of the hood louvers for parking in the rain.

winduptoy and redzula like this.
  15. redzula

redzula

Gotcha.. I remember you talking about those now that you mention it.

winduptoy and Tim like this.
  16. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Been a minute since I’ve updated. Changed plugs and have been dicking around trying to figure out the edelbrock that’s sat more than 4 days cold start dance.

in the process thought I ran it out of gas. Turns out the battery is toast. Of course.

not much else going on just waiting for the salt to wash off the roads and trying to get it running better again.

hopefully have it at Pete and Jakes for the 50th with a new battery and rear shocks but I’m not exactly holding my breath. Spring is always busy and exspensive but we’ll see what happens.

been mostly brain storming the next steps on the A and messing with shop upgrades

17. Kelly Burns

Kelly Burns

@Tim which Edelbrock are you using?

18. justabeater37

justabeater37
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If I had a dollar for every Edelbrock carb I have had to prime after sitting overnight at the auctions, I could afford to build my 32 3 window. I am sure there is a remedy, but by the time I get to them it's quicker to prime them and be on my way.

19. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

@Kelly Burns it’s a 500 cfm manual choke.

@justabeater37 yeah after a specifically worded search it looks like it’s pretty common. I’m trying to figure out how long I need to let the electric pump run before I even try to start it. After about three days it wants nothing to do with it.

Crabby ass car the last few years lol

chryslerfan55 and Kelly Burns like this.
  20. 05snopro440

05snopro440

I found some fuel filters with check valves online and also one-way check valves for fuel systems. Would that solve your issue? Does the fuel evaporate in the carb, drain back to the tank, or is there something else going on?

21. Kelly Burns

Kelly Burns

@Tim I'm anxious to hear the outcome.

22. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

@05snopro440 best I can figure with an open element air cleaner they evaporate the bowls in about 3 days.

from as common as it is seems to be design flaw

chryslerfan55 and 05snopro440 like this.
  23. 05snopro440

05snopro440

24. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Yeah I won’t be buying another one

05snopro440 and winduptoy like this.
  25. With my Holley I had to pump the crap out of it when I woke the car up a week ago. Almost any car you have to do this if it sits for a spell.

26. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

@bobss396 yeah after three days I’ve got to stomp on the gas like I’m trying to pump up a car tire with a basketball pump to get it to go. That’s with “ethanol free” premium fuel.

chryslerfan55, winduptoy and bobss396 like this.
  27. If mine sits for a few, I set the manual choke and give it the usual pump job. Once I'm driving it on the reg, it starts easily.

28. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Yeah once it’s been driven it’s fine. Bought a new battery yesterday hope to have it in the car in the next few days.

29. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Well must have spoken to soon. Been chasing some Sort electrical issue I’m not getting any spark. New battery and a tank full of gas and now nadda. Gonna cross my fingers for some garage time this weekend and get it figured out

30. flatout51

flatout51

Needs a Ford engine.

loudbang likes this.