Register now to get rid of these ads!

Is hot rodding a lifestyle for you?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by adjustablejohnsons, Aug 14, 2007.

?
  1. Yes

63 vote(s)
    36.8%
  2. No

108 vote(s)
    63.2%
  1. manyolcars

manyolcars

OOPS!

2. Crankhole

Crankhole

life·style
    &#8211;noun <TABLE class=luna-Ent><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top>the habits, attitudes, tastes, moral standards, economic level, etc., that together constitute the mode of living of an individual or group. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

So............yes.

3. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Hot rodding is what I do while waiting for the winning lottery ticket. When that happens I'll probably buy an old car and fix it up.:)

Frank

4. Retrorod

Retrorod

I don't subscribe to the "Kulture" thing. I wear what I do because that's what I've worn most of my life, and that's what I'm comfortable in. I think if people want to "dress the part" they are just posing anyway and eventually it will just fade away, disappear like so many other fads. Somehow I've survived almost 60 years, a stint in the Navy, a year in Viet Nam and I still have no tatoos to show for it either. I think if you like 'em, get 'em, fine with me. If you want to wear a "DA" hair-do, do it.......to each his own, I just want to build and drive my old car.

Tjompen likes this.
  5. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

I can spot a faker a mile off, what was the question?

6. Moonglow

Moonglow

Ditto here. A diamond isn't forever, but a tatoo sure as hell is! :D

7. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

Hot rodding isnt my lifestyle, its my addiction and I'm trying like hell to OD.

8. When I was a little kid, my brother and I used to love to go on road trips and stare out the window of my Dad's Cheyanne at the cars...I played with Hot Wheels, Legos, and Erector sets...I'm still the same kid now, but my toys are just bigger.

I think about cars in some form everyday...I peek into garages of the houses I drive by, watch for cars on sale, go to shows, cruise, etc., etc. I could easily give up my cars and some of those things if I had to, but it wouldn't change who I am or how I think. Does that make it a lifestyle, I suppose...

And,,,,,,,,,,,,tattoos, clothes, pomade, and all that other shit doesn't make you a hot rodder any more than listening to Minor Threat makes you a Punk. Anybody can run down to the mall and pick up that look.

Bryan

Tjompen likes this.
  9. usedall9

usedall9

Me might be long lost twins???
    Could 'nt have said it better.........Thats me!! ^^^^^^^^^

10. Steve

Steve

ah yes the sickboy standard issue automobile.

11. Chris Casny

Chris Casny

For me it acctually is a lifestyle now, I drive my old cars everyday, in fact I cant wait to drive to and from work, I think about cars all the time.

Since when does Lifestyle = fashion?
    I don't dress like a greaser, but I don't have any really clean clothes, there is always some grease on it, from wrenching around.
    I live for old cars, for me, it's almost a spiritual thing when I drive my car for longer distances, that makes it a lifestyle, in my book.
    This is beond a hobby for me.

12. TINGLER

TINGLER

Is being a dirty hillbilly loser considered a "lifestyle"? :confused:

13. 100% Matt

100% Matt

I love Hot Rods, Kustom Cars and just about anything else with wheels and the ability to go like hell. However hair grease and bowling shirts arent my bag. And I can only stand so much rockabilly

14. KutThrtKustms

KutThrtKustms
    BANNED
    from SO.CAL.

Yes with both these guys....however sometimes I do dress like a "greaser" but have a shaved head for the summer so I geuss I'm a poser that builds my own Hot Rods, I've always been on my own trip from the beginning anyways....Drive Your car and feel good about who ever or what ever you are.................F.T.W.

15. 53sled

53sled
    from KCMO

And THAT is why I love this place.

People know I love old cars, but I doubt its my lifestyle. I do know a guy who buys and sells parts for his income, but he's retired. :D

16. 53sled

53sled
    from KCMO

Thank god all the Kansas/ Missouri hambers aren't like that! Mid-West side playa!

17. LUX BLUE

LUX BLUE
    Alliance Vendor
    from AUSTIN,TX

Lifestyle?...Nah...Just Life.

18. Automotive Stud

Automotive Stud

This sums it up for me too. I'm a car guy and it's what I'll always be. It carrys over to my daily driver, currently my job at an auto parts store, and i've passed on a date or two with my girl to work on my car. I've been known to wear hot rod tee shirts daily for a week. It's part of who I am and if you took cars out of my life it wou be a big piece. I'm not into "kulture" or the "scene", but hot rodding is part of me none the less.

19. TINGLER

TINGLER

Is dressing in women's clothing considered "lifestyle"? :confused:

20. smokindave

smokindave

not my lifestyle, but more than a hobby. I think something is more than a hobby if you buy parts even when you know you can't really afford them...and your willing to listen to the ass chewing from your wife.

21. Old cars are cool and I love everything automotive.

Angry Fonzies are gay:p

22. glad to see you taking a page from a "douchebags" playbook
    HA,HA,HA.....hypocrite:D

23. GrantH

GrantH

thats more like it.