Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Jefferson

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by racer-x, Apr 20, 2024.

1. fuzzface

fuzzface

Yep they weren't at the other car event either a few weeks ago..

last year at the fall event, they were there only for half of it, short of bars due to equipment failure. then i heard right before Thanksgiving they closed for the rest of the year, out of bars and won't be able to make any until the new year. then i saw they were advertising thru the first three weeks of Jan. of 2024 but then they went quiet again, then i heard they were done/closed. also heard the one partner is no longer in the area and left.. I did also see their irs problems have returned even though it is a small amount this time but they are back.

they brought it back in 2019 for $307,000 but rumors has it around the area they want around $400,000 for it which is just over what the real estate is appraised at but to see it in actual print i have not. every thing i see is to call a certain number and they will discuss the sale price with you which sounds like just one of the owners involved. only thing that was added was it was out of his control and they had to close . I haven't been that way this year to see if they actually have a sign on the business, it is hard to find info on. I try to go thru mls and thru my business link about commercial properties for sale in the area and it isn't listed there either. think that is all i roughly know about it.

hopefully someone buys it and keeps them coming to the car events in the area. so many voiced they wanted to buy it to keep this up but as soon as they hear the price and it isn't just something you can do on just the weekend, it is a regular full time business they change their tune.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2024
    chryslerfan55, Squablow and Sharpone like this.
  2. In_The_Pink

In_The_Pink

Weather looks great today until just after closing time. :)

Sharpone likes this.
  3. verno30

verno30
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Great show. Got to see a few old friends and meet some new ones.

Sales were good but I heard many conversations about the economy, inflation, etc. No doubt that affected the prices of parts that were moving.

Looking forward to the Union Grove swap in June.

4. 1biggun

1biggun

IMO the gates should have been opened at 6 yesterday. This was the line at gate 7 at 7:40. I was 4th in line about 45 minutes early.
    At least the parking lot was open this year vs everyone out in the street for 4 miles like a few years ago .

I made it about 3/4 of the way through before the rain hit and made a couple trips to unload the wagon out in the parking lot.
    Saw some cool stuff. Stared at a 28 Pontiac Sedan a bit for $4000 I kept think hmmmmm on .
    Got a pretty good model A hood for my 28 for $100 , a s10 T5 for $250
    A set of rear tires, trans cross meamber, some ammo cans and some piddely stuff.
    The guy selling the weather stripping and seals that used to be inside was gone as a few other supply vendors. Prices have gotten crazy on some junk. I think this extended bell housing Hemi had $11,000 on it with this cobbled up cooling / thermostat set up and a pair of edelbroks on a nice manifold.

Good day in all but I'd liked a few more hours there to use my day off work the drive there and the cost to get in. Should have been open at at least 7 am . Today it's opening at 6 for a swap that has most good deals picked clean . Weather looks bad today I didn't go back . I used to go two days. 20240426_073709.jpg 20240426_073709.jpg 20240426_092347.jpg 20240426_110346.jpg 20240426_131907.jpg

5. Speed~On

Speed~On

Jefferson was a lot of fun. The weather turned out being much better than forecasted; imagine that. I did not take many photos as it's a large swap meet with a lot of ground to cover, so i maintained a fairly steady pace. I was fortunate to find many of the items on my list. With that, im debating vending for the first time at Fall Jefferson.

Here's the only photos I took. There was no shortage of cool items to be had.

20240426_084912.jpg

20240426_075928.jpg

20240426_090858.jpg

20240426_090920.jpg

20240426_090926.jpg

20240426_090953.jpg

20240426_103836.jpg

20240426_110001.jpg

20240426_110943.jpg

20240426_114707.jpg

6. Sharpone

Sharpone

A good day at Jefferson scored some headers and wheels, saw lot of neat cars and cool stuff.
    Dan

7. 1biggun

1biggun

20240426_111557.jpg

He has had those same Corvette valve covers with the breathers for sale for at least three years maybe more ( pre covid ) as well as most of whats on the table . I wonder if they ever sell anything .

I have seen some of the same stuff in the same spots I swear for 20 years now LOL

I looked at all those wheels to . I saw the manifolds for the flat heads I don't have one so I did not look to hard .

There was a set of Magnesium Americans by the north end along the fence . 15x10 I think . He wanted $2000 and I know I have looked at them multiple times . every time I see them my heart skips a beat until I realize there the same ones.

I saw a power glide safety shield there 5 year ago or so that he had a extra hardware kit for . I recently got a out dated one for free that needed the parts to mount it I went back there yesterday to the same vender and it was till there . I asked if he would sell the extra parts and he did. He's been trying to sell that same out dated used shield for at least 5 years for about what they are new LOL

I saw a guy with some normal 1" carb spacers and he had $75 on each of them he had a stack of them . I saw nothing special about them.

Flip side I saw a guy score a Munce for $250 with linkage right in front of me so there are deals still . I never asked because I figured it was $800 or more.

My $100 Model A hood was worth the days walk , travel and time off for me.
    never made it to the car corral. If the S10 T5 trans is any good as claimed, I did great . if not the tail shaft housing is worth close to what I paid . Hope its good it will give me more motivation to get back on the 4 cylinder chevy/ MerCruiser powered 27 ( glass body ) roadster project.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2024
  8. ahshoe

ahshoe

IMG_7063.jpeg Weatherstripping guy that was in the building retired and his trailer and inventory was for sale…Anyway vended there for the whole meet. Just got home. Did take just this one pic yesterday.

9. 1biggun

1biggun

Damn. I waited a year to get stuff to seal up a few projects . He was one of the few places you could actually look at items to see what you were getting.
    I walked through all the buildings twice looking for him.
    I need something much better around the 28 A PU windshield.
    The wind noise is bad and whistles.
    Likely a D type seal .
    Thanks for the heads up.

Glad the rain held off today .
    I'm south of Madison now snd it's hailing snd thunderstorming hard at the moment so you lucked out.

Sharpone and chryslerfan55 like this.
  10. rc57

rc57

Brian- good to see you again, subjected my uncle (78) to nitro for his first time. He loved it.

Went Friday, good show but windy and super dusty. Loaded up on body work supplies.

Kent's was a bummer

chryslerfan55, Sharpone and racer-x like this.
  11. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

Best sales weekend I have had in ages. Last fall after losing some close friends and seeing what their families are going through with lifelong collections of parts that we all collect just in case we might need it someday. I decide to start unloading a lot of stuff that I know at 69 I will never use. After getting the rig in place about 7:30 the first things I rolled out of the trailer was a set of Ansen front runners I have had for 30 years, and a guy was standing there ready to give me $500.00 for them and the sales kept coming both days. Ready for fall. Did have some sever Big Bar withdrawals though. lol Larry

Last edited: Apr 27, 2024
  12. I never sold so much. Incredible sales. I picked up a rear quarter skin for my 66 chevelke. When I called a part supplier for one they wanted 200 for the part and 800 for shipping. Picking it up at the show was free shipping. So I had to wait all winter no big deal to save that kind of money. The nitro fire ups were fun. I didn't know my car was on the dash plaques; admission passes; program etc. That was cool. I got out of there just as the rain started. I will see everyone at the union grove show.

13. fuzzface

fuzzface

"When I called a part supplier for one they wanted 200 for the part and 800 for shipping. Picking it up at the show was free shipping."

Isn't it nuts that shipping is all over the board. I was talking to my one neighbor and years ago he said he gave up swap meets because the internet was so easy to buy items and have it shipped to you but just the other day he said he was going to hit the swap meets again because shipping charges are crazy high. My shopping experience has changed according to shipping charges too. years ago you never looked at shipping charges because it only added a few dollars but not anymore, first thing you look at now it seems.

What is crazy is how some companies can ship cheap or cover it while others you wonder did i buy the delivery van too? I use to buy liquidation pallets out of places like Tn. but when they start adding $600 shipping fees makes those pallets a little too high. Lately I deal with a different liquidation company now and am buying liquidated car pallets from them but I stick to certain companies. When the liquidation place ships it can be $500-$1,000 added based on where it comes from but this 1 company handles their own logistics/shipping just use them to auction their pallets and it doesn't matter if it is ca. fl. n.j. or just their place an hour from me in wi. and it is only $132 in shipping fees each time. that I can handle, especially at paying less than 10% value of the pallets. really wonder how some companies can make out. like I did a sam's order and got free shipping but they are going to deliver my food 3 different days this week.

Makes me think that with shipping so high, it might be sending people back to swap meets again to do their buying. plus you get to put your own eyes on the items and see what defects it has that so many internet sellers tend to hide.

14. verno30

verno30
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

When I rolled in on Thursday I was telling my kids about your car. They had never seen it before so we took a quick glace. Later on in the weekend, I could hear the occasional startup at my space in the White Field. It made me smile. My 1 daughter asked, "what's that?" I replied, that's the green car I was telling you about. All I got back was "Whoa!"

15. Next time stop for a minute the kids can hop in the car for pics and hand out cards.

16. verno30

verno30
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks Brian. Will do!

Sharpone likes this.